Notices

TOD has One Year Clean!

Old 08-15-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

RIGHT ON, TOD !!! Man, am I ever proud of you ! That's the best thing you could have done for yourself and your continued growth ! Jethro knows clearly where he stays now and it's up to him to clean up or move along ! That's his job and for him to find the motivation to do so. But you, YOU did what was needed for you ! No more betrayal of yourself and your worth ! If you have to , I'm sure you can take the little one with you to somewhere , just like women who have to take their little ones and leave husbands who don't want to man up and carry their own weight ! We're NOT slaves to their whims ! I'm SO proud of you !
Old 08-15-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks happycampers!

It's been really nice not dealing with a pill head husband for the past week! His humor has even surfaced again! I even enjoy having conversations with him again!

I worry though about what's going to happen when the next weather front moves in on us? He has fibromyalgia on top of all his other medical problems. He has taken the pain meds to get thru the times they flare up! He says it feels like putting a coat on lined with needles on the inside of the coat and then someone hugging him. Pushing the needles into his body! Next week we have multiple days of rain warnings! I guess I'll wait and see what happens!

As for taking the little one aka Maria with me if I left? That ain't happening! She's damned near a constant companion of his! While holding her? I can ask her where her daddy is? And she'll swing her head around looking for him! We spell the words: Night Night, Bed time and Nap around her! That's time to snuggle on daddy's shoulder under a thin small blanket! She also has her own pillow with a pink fuzzy baby blanket she covers up with at the head of Jethro's bed. So NO! She'd never leave with me! I'm just glad Jethro seems to be coming to his senses! She's having health problems we are both working her thru right now. Thankfully she's slowly improving!

I can speak for myself as to how the pain meds turned me into someone ppl had problems being around. And then I saw how Jethro had turned while taking the pain meds! It's a slow painful, heart breaking situation to live with and thru! I know it takes the addict to come to the conclusion to get off them! I was preached/bittched at to get off them, just like I did Jethro! I had waved ppl away until I reached a point I was ready to get off the pain meds. Jethro being who Jethro is? I knew it was going to take drastic measures on my part to rattle him enough to get him off them. I guess with me snapping Monday did the trick for him. It was about time!

TOD
Old 08-28-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

One year, one month and three weeks opiate free now!

Jethro hasn't taken any opiates since 10 Aug! Life has really stepped up to a better level for us! I asked him yesterday how he's doing since he hasn't been taking the pain meds? He said: "I'm hurting a lot! I haven't taken any pain meds in a long time!" I said: "That's why you need to take other things like I am to help with your pain!" He nodded he understood! I'm being patient with him right now! He's still early in the early days of coming off the pain pills! I know it takes time for his body to adjust being w/o the pain meds!

Our little Maria is improving too! Which we both are truly grateful for! She is our baby girl and our world revolves around her! Just like anyone else's pet does to them! We call her our baby girl, but she's actually 6 years old!

People w/o pets in their lives miss out on so much! I know ours helped me on the days I'm down and out! They always lift my spirits!

Sending out hope and well wishes to all reading to reach their dreams! And may all have good health!

TOD
Old 08-29-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Do your best

Tod you are doing amazing say hello to the chickens for me & have a nice day
Old 08-29-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Congratz, keep up the strength!
Old 08-31-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks soberwolf! Our two silkie hens and two large chickens are spoiled as ever and doing well! They know they're famous! LOL

Thanks jimt91!

I'm starting a new detox today after I get up later this afternoon! I have decided to quit drinking cokes! I've already warned Jethro I'm probably going to be bittchy for awhile! It's just as scary as it was when I quit the opiates! Hopefully though I don't have the bad withdrawals like the opiates did to me!

I've been drinking almost a 2 liter bottle a night! Time to stop that business! I've read a lot of stories about how addictive cokes are! So I'm really not looking forward to this next step in my life! Well I am! But I'm not! One day at a time!

TOD
Old 09-01-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OUI! It's been an interesting night doing without any coke to drink! I made myself some brewed tea to drink instead!

There were times I got really anxious wanting a sip of coke instead of tea! But there's none in the house so I mustered thru! Jethro has a bottle of root beer in the kitchen and it doesn't interest me one bit! Coke is the only soda I like! The story I've heard for years is a substance stays in a person's body for three days. After that? It's the body that continues craving the substance! Well I already know that to be a fact in myself due to the multiple times I've C/T'ed off the pain meds! And since I'm giving up cokes? I don't foresee this being/going to be too bad!

The plus side is we'll save money at the grocery store and my body will get healthier by not being filled with soda! Even as of tonight being off the coke? I'm not bloated and my legs aren't swollen with fluids! I'm grateful for that!

Wishing everyone good health!

TOD
Old 09-01-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 09-02-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day two w/o any cokes to drink! ARGH!

It took me a long time to fall asleep after going to bed too! And I woke up a couple hours early to boot! Hours later into the evening! I told Jethro: "I feel like slapping the crap out of somebody if it would give me some coke!" I asked: "You want to volunteer?" LOL He was walking past me when I asked that. He sort of stumbled in his steps and then said: "When you do? You cross that line of no longer being a female I can't hit back!" Well damn! LOL But I already figured that would be his answer!

I'm really feeling the loss of my cokes tonight! I knew I'd miss them, but not this badly! My mom had said: "Well just drink one during meal time?" Weeellll that wouldn't really work for me. I drink milk with everything I eat! And besides! That wouldn't work just drinking one here and there! So that's why I've got to abstain from them completely! It would be like handing me a bottle of many pain meds, back when I was still taking them and say: "Take one now and then!" I'd be out of them in no time!

Jethro's giving me plenty of space right now! My nerves are on edge and I've been snappy at times! LOL Not really bittchy! Just snappy and bouncing all over the place at times. He actually threw his arm out to stop me from sitting on the couch, thinking I was going to sit on little Maria under her blankie on the couch, earlier this evening! I looked at him like he'd lost his mind! As IF I didn't know the little one pounder was under her blankie! Behind her daddy!LOL

Anyhow! A few more hours and I'll be heading to bed w/o any cokes to drink! Sigh! At least I'm not climbing the walls due to opiate w/d's! Been there way too many times! I'll take this discomfort any day to that!

TOD
Old 09-03-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day three w/o any cokes! I'm doing quite well today! No anxiousness or feelings of slapping someone if it would produce one in front of me! LOL

I tell ya! Watching three "Intervention" shows back to back will sure help a person with addiction problems also! Never want to see those days again!

Yesterday morning ended up being a later to bed morning than I had planned on. Texting with friends for awhile I ended up getting hungry! So I cooked breakfast for me and Jethro! The bacon smell's woke him up! LOL One of the text'ers put in a request for two eggs to go along with the bacon and biscuits! LOL Not a problem!

One of my other text'ers told me their child lost 60 pds by giving up cokes! Woot! Woot! I was happy to hear that info! I have other things I want to stop later on! One thing at a time though! I'm off the pain meds and working on getting off cokes now! I can manage doing things the C/T way, but not everything at once!

Everyone stay cool today! We are going to be in the Frying pan again with our weather temps! UGH!

TOD
Old 09-03-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats tod
Old 09-05-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

I'm on day six w/o any cokes! Woot! Woot!

I've been dividing my time between day time and night time in order to spend more time with Jethro! I'm trying to go to bed later each day and sleep later too. I'll eventually get on a schedule where I'm up all day and in bed by a decent time at night! Jethro will be elated! LOL

I've said a few times now I've cooked breakfast these past several days. Well for those that didn't know? I'm not a breakfast cooker or did I eat breakfast! So it's a big deal when I say I've cooked breakfast! LOL Jethro told me yesterday morning: "I'll be looking for that other wife if you stop cooking breakfast!" ROFL

Having him off the pain meds now, myself being over a year off them and now off all that coke I've been drinking? Life is getting better and better around here!

I asked him yesterday what his plans were for his motorcycle that's been under a tarp for years? He said: "I guess I need to repair it and put it up for sale!" WOW! I thought I'd fall off my chair! LOL I said: "I don't want you to get mad, but? Now that you're off the pain meds? You'll start making things happen around here! (He rolled his eyes) I said it's the same thing that happened with myself when I was on the pain meds! Things get looked over and forgotten! When our minds are clear again? We see things that need to be done and take care of it!" He nodded in agreement! My husband is slowly coming around now that he's almost a month off the pain meds!

First football game of the season today! Can't wait! Go Hogs!

TOD
Old 09-05-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great Tod
Old 09-05-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Soberwolf! Thank you too Marcus!

Still doing good with drinking no cokes! I won't say it's been a breeze, but it's do able! I'm sure it will be even more a difference when I get back on days!

Tea, coffee, milk and water is all I'm drinking now! I suggested to Jethro he needs to stop drinking his powdered tea too! It is loaded in sugar. I read an article where it said sugar is a major factor in causing inflammation in our bodies! WOW! When I told him that he gave me a WTF look! LOL At least he's listening to what I'm saying now and not telling me I'm ignorant or stupid and "he'll listen to me when I have something intelligient to say!"

I can't stress how much nicer it is around here with him off the pain meds. It was getting harder and harder being around him while I was gaining in time off the pain meds and he was steadly popping them! Getting more belligerent with each passing day! I cried every day! Since the day he stopped taking the pain meds? I haven't cried not once!

I really hope/wish my stories helps others in the same situation! There really is life after our DOC!

TOD
Old 09-05-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Been away for awhile, but it's great to return and hear all your wonderful news, TOD, especially about Jethro !!! Congratulations to BOTH OF YOU !!!
Old 09-06-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 09-06-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

happycampers!

soberwolf!

I went to bed early and got up real early! LOL It's after 10:00 PM now and I'm pooped! Just put Molly to bed and I'm heading to the shower and bed myself!

I watched a movie today called: Wild with Reese Witherspoon starring as the main character! My God! I just sat and stared at the screen! A lot of it really hit home with me! What can I say? I'm no Angel and have lived an interesting life!

Spent time outside with Jethro and then separate times with Maria and Molly! Man! It was sweltering today! I've had the A/C's cranking for months now! Our electric bill has been running us close to $400.00 a month! I'm so ready for cooler weather! In more ways than one!

Yes happycamper it's been really nice around here! Jethro even swapped some stuff for another 4wheeler to work on so we can go riding on separate 4wheelers when the weather cools off! My mom has her own and we'll try to get her to join us! There's a place not far from us where we can pay $10.00 and ride all day! Will probably end up with sore butts by the end of the day though! LOL But it's something to look forward to!

Well wishes for everyone to have a clean, fun Labor day!

TOD
Old 09-07-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Eight whole days w/o one coke to drink! This is truly hard for me - this coke drinking fool to believe! I still today was wanting a coke at some point, but it didn't take long to forget about it!

Jethro and I spent a lot of time outside working! I was bringing him rugs from inside the house and pieces of carpet from other places for him to wash them off with the power washer! And of course once that power washer gets hooked up and in use? A whole lot more gets cleaned! LOL

I kept us fed thru the day with stuff I made here at home! No takeout! I've also noticed how Jethro is slacking way off on the snacks! I want him back to a healthy weight! So I've gently been coaching him away from food he'd sit and eat until he was ready to blow up! ARGH!

Of course I'm staying on my plan to take care of myself too! No cokes for 8 days and no pain meds for one year, three months, either! It's really strange how I can taste the sugar in stuff now that I've gotten off the cokes!

Jethro yelled at me this evening. Told me to shut up! I was talking in a way it would have been Maria saying those things I was saying. So I shut my mouth and wouldn't talk to him. He quickly apologized and thanked me for cooking supper! Man! What a change!

He's also been washing the dishes each day! If I'm cooking? He's decided to keep the dishes clean so I can use them again! It's working out great for me! I hate doing dishes! And then there are the times like today when we are both super hot, tired and hungry I'll wash the dishes while I'm cooking supper!

I always knew our life could be like this again. And now that we are both clean off the pain meds? Both eating better! Life is good!

TOD
Old 09-07-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Absolutely wonderful news, TOD ! May you enjoy many years together this way !
Old 09-08-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

After a hard day of working yesterday? And it being over 100 degrees today? I didn't do much of anything! I'm stiff and sore so I sat and watched several shows in the A/C house today! Jethro spent several hours outside in the heat working on the 4wheeler! The two big chickens kept him company while sitting in front of the fan pulling cool air out from under the porch! He calls them his Supervisor's!

We have storms moving into our area for the next several days! Hope there isn't anything bad in them.

Wishing everyone another 24 hours clean and sober!

TOD