Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 55

Old 05-21-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Chicory, I think you may be one of the most graceful ladies I have ever "met".

I watched a duplex go up nearby and the soil here is just awful all over, would have to buy actual brown/black soil from a store. and soil amendments. Last year I just hung a big boston fern on the porch. So maybe I will pot some things?

No way we can afford to have the cats spayed paying for it personally. Have heard bad, bad things about the shelter from a girl who used to work with them. The kittens are too young anyway. There are at least a couple dozen feral cats very nearby..live in a mobile home court. So, just for today, we are feeding the mama and have put out tuna for the 2 kittens who have come into the office.
How generous of you, TB...but they don't eat that much, we find ways to afford that.

Jay, I understand a bit at least what a trial this must be. You are very courageous and I am so glad you have extra support. I don't think I could do it....tho I have been thro over a decade of being guinea pig with meds.
My T has lowered her fees for us too. There ARE some great ones out there.
Over the last 2 years my meds have been tweaked to best yet so far but they still make me tired and I don't know about you but I have to have extra awareness and discipline.
I did kind of get stranded without most my meds when I first moved here. checked myself inpatient twice to get meds waiting for social services to get me in for my medical appmt.
I realized after writing about my being so sleepy that I had cut way back on caffeine for about a week. Was out of coffee, so only drank a bit of hot tea, not the same at all. didn't think anything of it at the time. discipline in trying to remember to take my "stay asleep med-trazadone" very early in the evening so I am not groggy all the next day. and etc.

hugs to all hh'ers!

love,
T
Old 05-21-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Live thank you , for the compliment, not sure what I did to deserve it, but I 'll take it
actually, I thought maybe you saw me today, walking through meijers with my blouse unbuttoned (the middle button). embarrassing.
Then went to lunch with daughter and after ward, as we were leaving, she stopped right in front of me, causing me to nearly bump her from behind. I had stepped on the back of her flip flop- bringing her to a halt... told the girls I may be ready for assisted living. not exactly graceful today..lol

I found some places you might check with. sometimes they do free spay neuters. some give vouchers for free or low cost neuters. sometimes they know someone who can help catch them, spay/neuter them and then return them to where they lived. which is really a good way to control cat populations. I have had some low cost, some freebies. depends , sometimes there is a donation to the group and they do a lot of them for free then. maybe this will help somehow.

TENNESSEE

Holly Help Memorial Spay Fund
******* VA / ******* TN
276-466-5375
Everyone is eligible for low cost s-n assistance, which is funded by the public through recycled aluminum cans.

People United for Animals PUFA
PO Box 1082
******* TN 37621
423-274-2407
Lost cost s-n assistance in ******* VA/TN

hugs
chicory
Old 05-21-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Here is a pic taken a few minutes ago, of my babies out on the screened in porch. They love it out there. Solly took off into the house, before I could get him. Hes the one in my avatar... poor guy is pretty much deaf at 18, but still whips a## when the others bug him..lol
Roxie is the amazon in the chair- she is about 8 years old, Domino is the white kitty in chair, and Sam is on the ground-they are brothers, my little stray babies born under neighbors deck, they are three years old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0734.jpg (44.2 KB, 58 views)
Old 05-21-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Oh dear ((((chicory)))). Wandering around in public unbuttoned? Careful my friend, youre getting into LeeLee territory now! LOL

I'm home! body aching and sore. feeling moody. I did sleep well last night.

I want you all to know I do keep you in my best thoughts. My summer season is kicking off to a strange start and it might be very very busy for me. I'm second guessing some decisions I made. I usually make good decisions once made, I stick to them unless conditions change. I guess I need some clarity.

much Love to all.

Lenina

Chicory. We were posting at the same time! I love the Kitty Spa. I need some kitty love bad!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

((((Leelee)))) hope you get comfortable with your decisions. maybe a bit more time will smooth things out.

We miss you when you are busy, sweet lady. play the lotto. I want you to retire to a lovely place in the calilfornia hill country and have two kitties. at least. love you.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

WOW Chicory, thank you. How is it that no one who has lived here for a long time or the owners of the court know nothing about those????

David is all ready trying to figure out how to catch Mama cat.
We have not touched the kittens altho they freely play in 1/2 the office as David was afraid of Mama then rejecting them. She does still nurse them but they look old enough to be weaned.
He thinks if he touches them, she will move them and at least they are getting fed here. They are not completely afraid of humans yet.
?????????????????????????
Old 05-21-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Oh, Live, please try to handle them they will get socialized that way and maybe you will find homes for them. its easy. you put some yummy food out, soft tuna or something. milk gives them runnies...
and play with a string with them, and then sit there when they eat, and touch their heads, and talk and etc. etc. you can do it. it will be fun. that is how I got Lily tamed to find a home with Least.

also, if you socialize them, you can take them to no kill shelters, hopefully you have one like we have here, and the kittens go very quickly to homes.

maybe put a low box with litter in it. non clumping, and let them get used to using a box.. always a plus.

mom wont move them now, not if you feed them goodies. she can use the help no doubt
I swear the momma I fed when she was pregnant brought the babies around to the food, when they got big enough. and she trusted me, even though I could not touch her. all the babies got tame.
domino and sam were also from a litter whose mom I fed while pregnant and nursing and she brought them(or they followed her) to the food.

you can go to the AlleyCatAllies website, and they can tell you how to socialize them, how to make shelters, all sorts of stuff.

love
chic
Old 05-21-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

David is all ready taken with the kittens, he went to the store to really stock up on tuna just a bit ago.

He says he has been mightily fighting the urge to pick them up, pet them and baby them...he was just afraid Mama would then smell him on them and take them away.

Thank you for the expertise!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Afternoon Hen House!

Chicory: WOW Three years already on the kittens! Time really has flown by. I can see the woodline where the strays come from. That's a nice backyard!

Live: Let THEE David pick them up! LOL No matter what the pet might be? They bring new life into a home! He's already got the fatherly instinct going! Buying the cans of tuna!

TB: I'm standing you at attention on the carpet here! Walker and all! Let us know why you canceled and rescheduled? Hmmmmmmm

Jay: Now I understand the med thing! Thanks for clearing that up. I know you had already told us the reason, just couldn't remember the why of it! Makes sense to me though. Sounds like your pdoc has good intentions for you!

Chicory: I had to laugh about you stepping on your daughters flip flop! Magnum is always stepping on the back of my tennis shoes! Then when I come to a sudden stop he runs into the back of my legs and we both almost end up on the ground. He's such an elephant in size! I give him that look and he lowers his eyes knowing he's screwed up - AGAIN! I tell him to be careful with a pat on the head! Then he's bouncing with glee again!

I hardly EVER wear shirts with buttons down the front! So that mishap is one I don't have to worry about!

TOD
Old 05-21-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Jay - I hate that you are going through this, but I do pray that it leads to a proper combination of men's and therapy that you can sleep, get rid of the flashbacks and other things that you've been going through. Remember, we are here for you!!

Live - I've learned a lot on SR, but never expected to learn that no matter what comes up, recovery or not, someone here knows something about it. I would be picking up the kittens. I understand what David is thinking as I've heard that, too, but I trust Chic as she's done this so many times.

Lenina - I hope you get more comfortable with your decision. I really hate second-guessing myself!

Chic - I never thought about the non-clumping litter but it makes sense as they're not going to get that in the yard! Love the picture!!!

Had a good day, though Mr. C went for another walk, yesterday, to the back 40 and was totally out of it today. I had to keep him from falling asleep in his coffee cup, help him walk to his chair. He tried to get up later, and slid right out of it. I didn't bathe him as I was afraid he would fall on the walk back to the bathroom.

I'll be spending most of the day, tomorrow, with them as I work in the morning, then when get to help them get ready and agreeable to go to great-granddaughter's graduation.

Got home and Bev, T and a kid friend of there's were all working on the yard. The kid's name is Cody, and I told him I was glad to see he was a person as I was rather concerned about having Cody the horse do pressure washing!!

The decided we needed a steak dinner. Cody had to go home, Bev didn't want one, just a backed potato. The gave me money, wanted filet mignon? I think I've had that once. OMG, that was the BEST steak I've ever had. I'm so full!! I let him grill them as I don't have that quite mastered.

I offered to start doing the grass, once T teaches me how to use the mower. Now Bev wants to learn too. Bev mentioned that she is going to cut her sister's cell-phone off and get my internet Give and take

The C's granddaughter who's concert I am missing tomorrow night to go to the graduation, texted me that she's singing Next Thu. and I just HAVE to come. It's really cool that all the family wants me involved in family stuff, NOT just take care of Mr. C.

Dad is on his way to Rochester, NY, the bratkins are thrilled to have Tinker back down there and Tinker is very happy.

Going to take a hot bath. Raked leaves for 2-1/2 hours, saw snake skins but no snakes. My shoulders are killing me and I have a blister on my thumb, but I found out I don't hate yard work like I thought I would. However, when *I* mow the grass, it won't be in the heat of the day. Tomorrow we hit 90 degrees

I hope Lauren has her guest house ready for me when I can't take the heat any more!!

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-22-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Sounds like a pretty good day ((Amy)).

I can't sleep...tossed and turned for an hour last night and said eff it and got up. I haven't slept in two days. If I don't eat, and I don't sleep, I'm going to be reduced to nothing soon. I see pdoc today to see how it's all going...he is the last person I want to deal with right now.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Awww Jay! I'm sorry you have to go thru this!

I can put you in Dorothy's box with her and give you canned corn and wet bread! Would that help you? She's eating well and sleeping lots!

TOD
Old 05-22-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Morning Hen House!

Tod, maybe the cats are only two years old... how can I forget? gotta check their fix-it papers, I guess. lol

The back yard is not mine, but we can use it, neighbor said. I have a front yard, and my outside carport, which is connected to the screened in porch. I really like sitting out there in summertime evenings.

Live, the non clumping litter is for safety. the clumping stuff sticks to tiny wet feet and they lick it and it is not good for the babies to get that in their tummies. the non clump stuff is less expensive too. heck you dont even have to do that, as they probably are just as well off going outside to potty, or you will have them all coming in to go! they get in a habit of using it easily.

I bet they are precious! how many are there? and what do they look like?

Amy, it sounds so wonderful there at your place. I love the country and working out in the yard. I dont have to here, landlord mows. but I have my little bits of flower beds.

are you getting a tan yet? sunscreen! sorry mr.c is having a rough go of it. I know you are caring for him well, and are a blessing to them. its just sad seeing them lose their strength and balance.

Jay, can you put in a call to your T? She knows your history better than Pdoc, though he should be able to handle anything even without her, her input might be nice for you , especially. sorry you are not sleeping. glad you have your appt today. hugs.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

What're you tryin ta say TOD? You callin me a chicken?

I can call my T, but I don't feel like anyone can do anything for me right now. There is nothing to be done but watching. I feel as though I have received all the sleep suggestions someone could possibly come up with, and I am putting them to use, but they just aren't working. I try not to call her unless I'm truly flipping out which I am not yet...I definitely don't feel good but I'm not at the end of my rope either. I am not totally consumed by anxiety/depression. I know I am moving that way...but I am not there yet. I am hoping I can get some sleep sometime today because I have the day off.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by JustAYak View Post
What're you tryin ta say TOD? You callin me a chicken?

I can call my T, but I don't feel like anyone can do anything for me right now. There is nothing to be done but watching. I feel as though I have received all the sleep suggestions someone could possibly come up with, and I am putting them to use, but they just aren't working. I try not to call her unless I'm truly flipping out which I am not yet...I definitely don't feel good but I'm not at the end of my rope either. I am not totally consumed by anxiety/depression. I know I am moving that way...but I am not there yet. I am hoping I can get some sleep sometime today because I have the day off.
Welllllll Hmmmmmmmm! Now that you mention it? ROFL

Not at all! I take very good care of my sick kids! The way you are with critters? Well you're part critter yourself! Dorothy hasn't complained one bit over her care. I mentioned getting in the box with her so she could snuggle up in your lap and y'all both could fall asleep!

TOD
Old 05-22-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Glad little Dorothy is doing so well, Tod. I bet if Jay could sleep, he would gladly share a box with Dorothy in order to do so!

Jay, you sound on top of things here. I am hoping that this will go better than you anticipate. It would make anyone nervous to do it, but you seem to be getting there, safely, although maybe not comfortable for you. hugs.

hey, maybe take a nice tub bath, in cold water with ice cubes?
I have no idea if this would work, but cold water makes me relax... any time I swam in cold water, I felt very cozy after getting out and drying off. relaxing and made me sleepy.

hope you have some fun today, the weather here is just beautiful! maybe do some photography. what kind of camera is it that you want, in case I win the lotto?

love to all.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Glad little Dorothy is doing so well, Tod. I bet if Jay could sleep, he would gladly share a box with Dorothy in order to do so!

Jay, you sound on top of things here. I am hoping that this will go better than you anticipate. It would make anyone nervous to do it, but you seem to be getting there, safely, although maybe not comfortable for you. hugs.

hey, maybe take a nice tub bath, in cold water with ice cubes?
I have no idea if this would work, but cold water makes me relax... any time I swam in cold water, I felt very cozy after getting out and drying off. relaxing and made me sleepy.

hope you have some fun today, the weather here is just beautiful! maybe do some photography. what kind of camera is it that you want, in case I win the lotto?

love to all.
Jay: Chicory just hit on something! Is there a pool somewhere you could go swimming in? That would be a wonderful thing to do! Or maybe there's someplace you can take Moose with you to play in the water?

Chicory: Don't know about Jay? But Dorothy sure loves her box! I keep a clean towel on the bottom for her and she's in the A/C too! The Vet is sending a new medication for her too! She doesn't have her equilibrium back yet so trying to straighten her head is a trick. I'll catch her at times sitting and looking around. She'll see me looking at her and drop her head quickly! I tell her she better not be milking this for all the pampering and attention she's getting. LOL

TOD
Old 05-22-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here ya go Jay!

TOD
Old 05-22-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Is the box big enough TOD? I think my life's aspiration is to become a cat and take over opened boxes and sleep 18 hours a day. Wouldn't that be the life...

I always thought that cold water was meant to wake you up, that's why people say to take cold showers in the morning, so I haven't tried that.

It is really nice outside, I wish I was allowed to drive cause I'd go to a state park about 1.5 hours from here and hike around with Moose. Guess I'll settle for the dog park and a trail around here that I can get to fairly easily.

TOD - Still a little cold for swimming around here. It's 56 out right now, going to hit 70 later today supposedly. The water is still freezing, maybe even dangerously so. There is a dog beach that is always fun to go to, but I need to drive to get there.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Tiredofdrugs;4666479]Jay: Chicory just hit on something! Is there a pool somewhere you could go swimming in? That would be a wonderful thing to do! Or maybe there's someplace you can take Moose with you to play in the water?

Chicory: Don't know about Jay? But Dorothy sure loves her box! I keep a clean towel on the bottom for her and she's in the A/C too! The Vet is sending a new medication for her too! She doesn't have her equilibrium back yet so trying to straighten her head is a trick.
I'll catch her at times sitting and looking around. She'll see me looking at her and drop her head quickly! I tell her she better not be milking this for all the pampering and attention she's getting. LOL