Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 55

Old 05-23-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

My friends -

I can't try to catch up. Hazel crossed the Rainbow bridge a little while ago. I am heartbroken.

Love, TPA
Old 05-23-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I am so sorry ((TPA)). I know how much you loved her. I hope it gives you peace that she is not hurting anymore.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

HAHAHAHAHA, at least you have your sense of humor, Jay. The time I was in a gvt one, the worst. I kept referring to us patients as inmates....the staff really did not like that.

Jail feeds you pb&j, hospitals-jello.

I never got any shoes, just those grey tube socks with the no slip bottom. I feel cheated.

Way good that you get to see T this evening, even if you don't feel totally up to it.

You will be in my thoughts.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

(((((TPA)))))) so sorry to hear about dear Hazel. She was a very special girl. I know your heart is heavy. Big hugs and know we are here of you need us.

Love from Lenina
Old 05-23-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

(((((((tpa)))))))))))
Old 05-23-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry TPA.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

(((TPA))) - I'm so very sorry about sweet Hazel. She was a big part of our family, as you are, even if we don't get to see you as often as we'd like. Lots of love to you, sweetie

Jay - so glad T is going to see you tonight and that you talked to Sue, too. I can't imagine how incredibly hard this is but I really appreciate you keeping us posted.

Chic - no traction allowed!

I've read much about how diet and exercise affects the mind. I have to admit - I do feel better since I've been walking, most of the time. Appetite has come back but I'm trying to just eat 3 meals a day, healthy when all possible.

Last night was great! I got a pic with my 2 girls (they've adopted me as their aunt) and both were saying "I'M her favorite" while the picture was taken. Got to meet the few family members I haven't met yet.

We won't do it again, though. Mr. C had a blast, was joking with me and everyone. It was too much, though, and today he pushed me away and I told him to stop. He threatened to knock my azz on the floor and I just said "I'm pretty sure D (his son who can physically control him) gets down here and finds out and he backed off.

Dog trainer buddy has also told me to call her, any time I need help but she and family left for the beach today.

I will go to the one niece's' concert next Thu., it lasts way too long for the C's to go.

Bev and I are now checked off on the lawn mower Pretty cool, actually, though Cody hauled azz when we went into his pasture.

TOD - they are definitely listing the house ASAP. I got "thanks but no thanks" on either all the jobs I applied for or all but one I applied for a job Bev found on Craigslist - not far from her, 20 hours on the weekends and more than I make now. Not sure what the condition of the daughter is, but it doesn't mention alzheimers.

Everyone has assured me to keep the faith and I am. Bev,, T and I were sitting in the RV, talking, and I said how blessed I was that D was my first client, I became "family", he died, the C's needed me and I had another job in a week. We were talking about networking. T said "the thing is, YOU are why people love you so much - word of mouth only goes so far, it's who you are that brings you blessings".

That was pretty darned cool.

Something will work out It always does, just not fast enough for me

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-23-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss TPA. ♥

V xx
Old 05-23-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Jay, how did the appointment go?

Ames, so sorry that the house is going to be sold so fast; it hardly seems fair to let you live there and then take it away. At least you will be going home to that yellow kitchen you always wanted.

TB ~ How are you? Please let us know. (((hugs)))

Love to all in the HH,

V xx
Old 05-23-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Venus - we're not really sure it IS going to sell fast. T's parents house has been on the market for 3 years. I think, with the location and all the land, it will be I don't know.

There is a house between D's and the C's that I was told they are redoing and want to rent. I'm praying that if this house sells, I'm in a position to rent it. Actually there is another one for rent.

Regardless, the C's and Bev and T will help me find somewhere. They are offering me any furniture that their kids or the evil sister and her kids don't want, and for some reason I'm calm about all this. Dad is going to get one of the couches, Bev is hesitant to follow through on giving her nephew her dad's bedroom set which is solid wood, couches in the living room and basement, etc. Meaning if I can just get a job to pay for a place, I can get it furnished - they've done for another guy who fell on hard times.

Mrs. C offered to let me move in with them on day 1, but no cats. After being here, I just can't leave Tiger and Sam behind unless I know they're going somewhere good. I guess I'm back to 3 cats.

Yes, I can move home and have a lot more input on what the revision looks like, but I just don't want to. I'll do it if I need to, but I will set a lot more boundaries.

Good grief, it's almost bedtime. It's been a busy day but got to admit I had a blast driving the lawnmower I got some sunscreen as I will turn into a lobster if I don't use it. For now, I just have a little bit of pink and a lot more freckles

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-23-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

((((TPA)))))
I am so so sorry. I know your heart is broken. It may help to remember just how loved she was while on this earth....she was your princess.

My heart hurts for you

love and prayers.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Still thinking about you ((TPA))...losing a dog is killer.

I guess it went ok ((V))...I don't know. I was not that clued in, to tell you the truth.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Live
I never got any shoes, just those grey tube socks with the no slip bottom. I feel cheated.
Probably because people kept taking them off and throwing them at the nurses in frustration because they wouldn't stay on.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good afternoon Hen House!

TPA: I'm so sorry for your loss of Hazel! She was very loved and you both got great enjoyment from each other. She's still watching over you only not there physically.

Jay and Live: I thought shoes weren't given to inpatients because it offered them the thought(s) of escaping and having shoes on their feet! I mean: What do I know! LOL

Amy: That is so true on the sale of the house. It could take years to do so! And even when there's an offer on it, it can be months before it's completed! Plenty of time to get things in order!

Sadly there's a hospital here in AR that is on it's way to closing. They are 11 millions in the red! The town is getting ready to vote on a sales tax of a 1 cent increase in order to save the hospital. I sure hope it can be done. So many lives will be affected from the loss of that hospital.

Remember back when I had said something about getting U-verse? Well I had cancelled after reading reviews and talking with friends and family about it. I had cancelled the order and even had the cancellation confirmation number. That was back on 10 May. When I got home after going out to eat yesterday. I didn't have any internet! Was told their was a cliche in their system. Needless to say I was pizzed! It's a good thing I was short on sleep and just went to bed.

TOD
Old 05-24-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Jay - I'm pretty sure your T is very in tune with what's going on and is going to keep a close eye on you.

TOD - the main hospital in Atlanta is always in the red, but it always somehow gets bailed out. We can't do without it - over somewhere around 2,000 beds, ERs that hold about 400 people and it treats the indigent. Also only burn unit in this area. I hope your hospital manages to get some help. Most of our hospitals are joining with others instead of staying independent.

Good day, today, just too hot to want to do anything outside. I'll do laundry, either do laps around the yard when it cools off or get on the treadmill or both. Actually feeling a bit lazy but need to get moving.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-24-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: Hang those clothes out for the freshness smell of the outdoors. You'll get your exercise and walk around with the outdoors on your clothes!

The hospital is not in our area.

The LR VAH is right beside another huge hospital that is slowly taking over block after block. The old baseball field close to it was even bought by this hospital to provide more parking spaces. It's one of those hospitals that needs it's own zip code! Thankfully most of my doctor appointments are at the NLR VAH! It's a rat race to manuver the other one.

Well Dorothy just gave us another egg! Nothing like not going far for eggs! LOL

TOD
Old 05-24-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Jay, how are you doing this evening? check in, please

Sending hugs, and good wishes to our veterans today, Tod, and any of our hen house family members . Thank you for your service to our country. Its a wonderful country, and free.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Jay, how are you doing this evening? check in, please

Sending hugs, and good wishes to our veterans today, Tod, and any of our hen house family members . Thank you for your service to our country. Its a wonderful country, and free.
Thanks Chicory!
Old 05-25-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning Hen house!

Jay, how about checking in? you said to keep out an eye and ear for ya.. here I am pestering you!

TB, hope the leg is healing well. you did get meds for it, right? I do hope its doing well.

Lenina, where are you girlie?

Tod, I watched a video today, of a farmer who decided to never cage another hen. They had set them free to roam, and I cried at how sweet it was. I pray for all of our creatures, to be treated humanely. what does it take, to get things to change?

love and hugs,
chic
Old 05-25-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Aww Chicory! Isn't it wonderful to see animals / chickens released from cages! Too much abuse out there! There are lots of humans in situations that are very unpleasant too. I'm not talking about the ones in jails or prison either.

I was given 8 grown Silkies years ago that were caged in small wire cages off the ground. They wouldn't move an inch when I set them on the ground. It was so sad. I had to pick them up one by one and set them apart from each other. They'd slowly inch their way back into a huddle. But boy oh boy! Days later when they figured out they were free to run! It was a delight to watch them run, peck and scratch the ground!

My Molly was a caged hen when I got her. She had been on the ground before the cage though. So it wasn't too difficult to get her to start being a free chicken again!

I was actually watching "Intervention" last night. I was shedding some of my own tears!

TOD