Arrow Hen House Talk -All Are Welcome-Part 37

Welcome to your new page....

To find the previous one....
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-36-a-20.html

Enjoy

D
Old 11-25-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks ((Dee)) - I didn't even realize we were so close to the 500 mark! I guess we hens and roosters have been talking a lot

((Lenina)) - How are you doing, sweetie?

((Chicory)) - I read your post on whiner's, and thanks for reassuring me that Elvis will do okay, even if he loses all his teeth. A while ago, he walked over to Tinker's plate and ate some of the leftover turkey!

I've been reading a chapter for next week's assignment, watching football (Go Falcons!!) and eating leftovers. Sm came home, dad went to get her as she doesn't feel good.

Baby B rolled over onto her tummy last night! I know, not THAT big of a deal, but she is 4 weeks old, today, and it's pretty cool being in on her milestones.

I posted in another thread, but I am SO grateful that she will never see me drunk or high. I can't say that about bratkin, but I can make sure ((BB)) doesn't have to deal with it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-25-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Dee!

My parents took Jethro out to eat for lunch today. He had spent two days using the wood splitter to split some super sized logs up for them. We went to a place that has all sorts of stuff on the buffet line. They have delicious homemade rolls and cinnamon rolls too. Jethro ate two of the cinnamon rolls and was complaining later he should only have had one of them. You think??? I didn't eat any of them.

Jethro and I went to wal-mart for some stuff we've been needing for a couple of weeks now. Of course the kids were screaming to be let out when we got home. So Jethro proceeded to put stuff up and I took the kids out. It's a beautiful day today. But it's starting to cool down with the end of the sun shining.

I'm sitting here dozing in my chair, (Jethro is in the bed napping), when I hear an all too familiar sound. So I get up and sure enough! There's Marvin and Cotton dueling it out thru the fence. So I just politely pick up the fly swatter and go after big ass Marvin. I swat him with every step we make. LOL He finally runs off and I go back inside. Well it isn't too long and they are back at it again. So I repeat the step above. Only this time! I grab an old blanket hanging on the fence and put it over Cotton's fence so they can't get to each other again. Now I can get my shoes on and start getting the kids pens ready for them to come in at dark.

It was 45 degrees when I got up at 9:30. So I wore sweat pants and a sweat shirt to town. Bad mistake! It got warm quickly. So the first thing I did when I got home was to get into some cooler clothes. Shewwwwww

Jethro and I have a ton of movies to watch and I have a ton of books to read. If the weather keeps getting colder and turns bad. I'm sure I'll get some reading time in. But there's lots of other stuff to clean up around here too. So I'll have to juggle my time. I was hoping Jethro could have gotten some stuff done around here while he was off for four days. That went out the window when he brought my dads 4-wheeler home with him to be worked on. Blah! Blah! Blah! It again falls back on my shoulders to get things done around here.

Best Wishes
TOD
Old 11-25-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - Oh my, I had to laugh at the visual of you swatting with the fly swatter!!

It's been in the 40's, all day, here, so all the furbabies are inside. Mots insists on going out at night, but the last couple of nights he's been back at the sliding door, yelling to get back in. He's been camped out in his box, under the lamp. Elvis tried to drink water from the water bowl next to the box, and Mots reached out and swatted him. I gently smacked him, but am thinking *I* need a fly swatter!

I'm looking forward to reading something other than text books and finally checking out Netflix when I get through school. We've had it for a loooong time, but I've never watched it except when I'm at the bratkins...that's all they get, as they have no cable.

I know I'm prejudiced, but this is THE cutest pic of baby B, taken by her mama last night. She is 4 weeks old today!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-25-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amy, she is a very contented looking little girl..she is pretty cute too!

Keep sharing with us and enjoying her moments.

lauren
Old 11-25-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((Hen Housers)))))

sorry I haven't been posting. Nothing much has changed. I'm very tired of complaining and sniveling around.

we had a nice Thanksgiving with plenty of goodies for take home. we've dined quite well all week end just from the leftovers!

((((chicory)))). thanks for the pics of Dom and Sam. Beautiful cats, both of them. I hope Dom is being more patient and getting used to being spoiled. Sam's face is just gorgeous.

((((Amy))) The baby is just too cute for words. I do love babies. give my nephews chin rubs and ear scratchings!

((((Lauren)))). sounds like youre having a cozy time of it. I haven't baked bread in years. Beef stew sounds delicious.

((((bloss)))) congrats on your progress! feels good huh?

((((TOD))))). sounds like a nice weekend for you, Jethro and the avian crowd. Everyone feeling better, it seems?

((((JayBird))) Where be you nesting? how's the feline/hound friendship growing? Is the Moose getting bigger by the day? Is Sasha making herself Ruler of the Roost? Did you have some tasty eats tis past weekend?

(((((TPA)))). (((((tbeit)))). (((((all hens and roosters))))

I've been thinking about our (((windy))). hope that old guy is doing well. And our (((TB)))

Much love to all! Oh, I'm going to watch the Liz and Dick movie with Lindsay Lohan tonight on Lifetime. I hear it's so bad it shouldnt be missed. LOL

Lenina
Old 11-25-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - thanks for checking in, sweetie. Glad you got lots of good stuff for Thanksgiving and you know...you can whine here any time. We love you and want you to feel all better!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-25-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry for the double post. I just found out that aunt M is on life support....from Gary's daughter on FB. I called the house, talked to one of the kids who is clueless (don't ask) then called aunt M's cell phone. My uncle answered and he's a wreck. He's dealing with everything ALONE because most of my family have addiction issues or mental issues or both.

She had stents put in, but is now bleeding internally and they are trying to decide whether to go back in for more surgery. I fell apart. Dad called my uncle, gave him the riot act (did not realize I had just talked to uncle). He's crying, I'm crying and reaching out for more prayers.

I am SO pissed off that my addiction has left me in a position that I can't get to CA. I know...I can't undo what is done, but honestly? It doesn't make me feel any better. Fortunately, it does make me hold on to recovery, as I have nothing if I don't have recovery.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-25-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((amy)) I read about your Aunt M, and I am so sad that she is in such a precarious condition. I am praying for the best for her. Your family has been through so much. you know our hearts are with you, through any and everything.
(((babyb))) is quite advanced, I believe, rolling over at four weeks. and she looks much older too. what a doll baby she is. it is a comfort isn't it, to have a little one in the family.

I have been so busy today, store, visiting daughter, etc. and then doing what I can for domino. he is beginning to hold his tail up a little , out of his way in the potty,,, so that is very good news. may be healing. i think i worry too much. i am tired.

watched the Wizard of Oz , sort of, while snuggled under a blanket. the monkeys must have scared the cra* out of us as kids...

((Lauren)))mmm, sourdough... love it and the smell is heaven. those bread dishes did a wonderful job, huh? looks fun. i am getting hungry now....

(((Lenina))) so good to see your post. I am sorry you have been down, I have been keeping you in my heart.
so goes for all the HH'rs. I miss you guys.

(((Little bloss))) hi there, and I hope your day was nice and peaceful. glad you liked the dog video. weren't they funny?

(((tod)))sounds like fun, eating out, and not having to cook. I had to laugh at the fly swatter... we used to hate those as kids

much love to all-you are in my prayers, always.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am SO pissed off that my addiction has left me in a position that I can't get to CA. I know...I can't undo what is done, but honestly? It doesn't make me feel any better.
Fortunately, it does make me hold on to recovery, as I have nothing if I don't have recovery.
Hugs and prayers,

Amy[/QUOTE]

(((amy)) what you have makes those who love you happier than anything you could ever do. I am sorry that you are strapped, but even many who have never had addictions do not have much income, or savings to do things they want and need. Be kind to yourself sweetie- you always do your best and give your all. that is all that anyone of us can do.

continued prayers , for aunt M. and the whole family, you included honey.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Chicory))) - Thank you. I called aunt Phyllis and she told me that regrets for what got me here were going backwards...I need to keep moving forward. I know she's right.

Dad talked to another of his brothers (recovering heroin addict, on MAJOR amount of methadone and bipolar meds) and he said they did a triple bypass on her. Uncle J told g'ma that aunt M is "fine" and I know that's because he's worried about HER reaction.

When I was hanging up from aunt Phyllis, she said "Amy, I need you" and I know she does. I will continue to be there for all my family and everyone else. She told me "you were ALWAYS there for us, even when you were deep in your addiction". I don't think so, but I'm grateful she does.

Sheez, California has never seemed so damned far away

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: This is said with good thoughts. It's not being mean or cruel to you or your family. So with that said. Here goes!

I've just about had it with YOU always blaming your addiction for things you are unable to do now. If you were still working as a nurse? Could you just call up the airline, jump on a plane and take off? Hell! You know the kind of money we have coming into our household. But I couldn't just pay for a trip at the drop of a bucket and take off.

You are hurt right now and you always pull out the ole "Poor Amy comment" whenever it comes down to having money, transportation, job, etc. As Chickory has put it in a nicer way. I'm saying the same thing to you, only it's coming from another RA. You know as well as I do. There are many ppl out there right now that used to have money, a job, a home, etc. But they've lost it all due to the economy. They wouldn't be able to just take off either and it has nothing to do with addictions.

If you continue living in this state of mind - using your addiction days for the excuse of not being able to do things today whenever the whim or need comes up. You are not going to get anywhere fast. There's many of us that would love to use your line everytime something bad is happening. But this is why we are staying clean and not continuing to use. Because we are doing a better job of taking care of ourselves and not living the F'ed up life anymore.

When soldiers are deployed overseas, away from their loved ones. They can't just jump in a plane and come home everytime something negative is happening. We have to be strong and rely on phone calls, the internet and other ways of communication to stay in touch with those we can't be with. We talk with the Chaplain and friends that we have around us.

You have a lot of clean time under your feet. When are you going to get past this excuse? You need to let it go. You use this as a crutch so many times that it's mind boggling. Put it away and start relying on that strength you've worked for, for so many years.

It also bothers me that your dad called your Uncle and jumped his case. I'm sure it only upset your Uncle even more and he has enough on his plate right now. He needs support from your dad and yourself. Not yelling and dumping negative stuff in his lap to add to his misery. You've already said in an earlier post that y'all didn't want to talk to ppl when y'all were going thru this. So take in consideration how your Uncle is feeling.

It's a tough time for everyone right now and the need for love and understanding is what needs to be coming forth at this time.

Please! Don't take everything I've just said as me jumping your ass or telling you, you don't have the right to think or say what you are saying. I just want you to realize you aren't doing yourself any good by hanging onto this belief of your past addiction is why you can't do what you want to do when you want to do them. There are many reasons you aren't able to go right now. So step out of the ring of pity you are pouring over yourself right now. We can't all afford to go to every person(s) in our families needs when they arise.

Best Wishes
TOD
Old 11-25-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - It's okay, I get where you're coming from. In all honesty, though? Yeah, if I was still a nurse, I COULD get time off and have the money to fly out there. It's not quite like the Army, but I'm glad you reminded me of that as one of my cousins on mom's side IS in the Army and can't always make it to family events, though he has made it to his brother's wedding, sister's wedding and nieces first birthday? He's got time in, so I guess that helps.

Even when I was waiting tables, I was able to go to my uncle's funeral. I'm angry, I'm scared, and in fear. I'm just venting, but I know you and ((Chicory)) are right. Our dear ((TB)) wasn't able to go to his brother's funeral.

I guess I need to work on NOT digging up the past, huh? I truly appreciate the feedback, I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed. I did just get my cousin's phone number (aunt M's other son) and asked him to keep me posted. I've turned it all over to HP, but I'm still in tears. It's just hard, having been a nurse and not knowing all the specifics. Gotta let that go.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Okay, one more double post and I'm heading to bed. Dad just talked to uncle J, the bleeding has slowed down, aunt M is "better" but they still don't know whether they are going to take her back to surgery.

I'm filled with gratitude, as uncle J has my phone number and said he will call me if he has questions. It is agreed that my g'ma no NOTHING of what is going on, as she fell apart when she heard aunt M was sick. She's 95, and we don't need to stress her out. My uncle that lives with her is totally on board.

Soooo, I am going to sleep feeling grateful. It's "okay" that I can't get to CA, it doesn't matter what I did in the past. I'm here for my family NOW, and that's what matters.

I appreciate the input, letting me vent, and getting me back on track. We're not out of the woods, yet, but this is part of life as I get older. I will lose people I love dearly...already have. Some will be sick, some will be demented, but I can still spread out my love and appreciation for them all.

I'm MOST grateful that when I was falling apart, I never thought of using. I just wanted to get on SR Thank you!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-26-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry for the meltdown, last night, feeling better this morning. Last update on aunt M was that she was doing a "little better" and the bleeding had slowed down. Couldn't sleep so had a long talk with myself and HP. Gotta get used to my aunts/uncles/g'ma getting older and health not holding up. Don't have to LIKE it but do have to get used to it.

Replied to the owner of the co. I didn't get the job for, and got a really nice reply. When I read the first letter over, it sounded like it may have been more than my credit report? It wasn't. He recommended I get the free copy I'm entitled to, and I will. It was evident that they really did want to hire me. Though not happy about the credit, I am VERY happy that that's all that kept me from getting the job. I passed the background check and aced both interviews, and made a good impression, and this is all good.

Heading to the sr. center, shortly, then will come back and work more on school stuff. It's supposed to get to 65 here, today, with lots of sunshine so will enjoy it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Just thought I'd drop a line before running off to class.

((Amy)) - I hope your aunt heals quickly, I'm sorry that your family is so far away. I'm sure they wish you could be there too, but sometimes that's just not how it goes.

((TOD)) - I'm actually not sure why I named Moose, Moose. I thought he needed a name that makes him seem big and strong because in reality he is so pathetic and submissive. Haha. He's doing really well though . Soo close to being housebroken, I think. I'm very happy about that. The leash walking...well, not quite there yet, but we're working on it.

Sasha and him are becoming buddies actually. It's really cute. She rules and he knows it but I found them sleeping within a foot of each other the other day, they were sharing his dog bed (inside his kennel!). Sasha is always drawn to the comfiest of places, so I think she has claimed his dog beds...oh well, he'll learn!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

((Jay)) - So glad that Moose is doing well and he and Sasha are getting to be buddies!

I've got another job interview tomorrow. Same type work as the other one, different company. It's actually the company that the sr. center contracts with. I'm letting go of expectations, will just do my best and let it go. If nothing else, I'll be really good at interviewing

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-27-2012, 01:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jay: Now I understand the "Moose" name. Maybe I should have given our little Maria a different name. She lets everyone pick on her. She'll just stand there with her head hung down while they peck away. We are always having to come to her rescue.

I had just decided at 3:30 am to start shutting things down, take a shower and go to bed. But OH NO! Marvin decided it was time to start crowing. Which of course gets Mr. Cotton inside the house to crowing. So Cotton is now on the floor behind me, walking around, flapping his wings, (which I call it his winding up, like the old cars being cranked in the front) and crowing up a storm. Which it's doing a damned good wind storm outside right now too.

I had to go out and save the plastic Jethro put up around his tomato plants. It was standing on end, straight out in the wind. And MAN is it cold outside. Didn't take long for my hands inside the gloves to start hurting from the cold. But that's what happens when you have frost bitten hands.

Once the "boys" decide to stop crowing. I'll attempt to do the above process all over again. LOL They don't crow for long. There can even be a rooster way off some where crowing and these here will hear it and start crowing. When I lived at my XH's place. There were several neighborhood roosters that crowed all night long. I didn't worry about mine answering, but when they were screeching/screaming at night. I went to investigate with a rifle and beamer. It usually meant something was there to eat one of them. It happens here with Marvin whenever the stray cat comes around or there's a Hawk flying overhead. I saw my chickens going nuts one day outside and went out to investigate. I took the rifle with me, because they were interested in something on the ground. It turned out to be just a turtle passing thru. LOL The chickens make wonderful watch dogs. They'll sound off at a lot of different things.

I guess Aunt M is doing okay. Amy hasn't posted otherwise. So I'm going with the silence is golden and good news theory.

Best Wishes
TOD
Old 11-27-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - Gotta love watchdogs with feathers! I just got the latest update on aunt M - doing somewhat better but still "very serious".

Unfortunately, this cousin that I'm getting updates from is about to drive uncle J crazy. Cousin L acts like he's still 16 (he's about 3 years younger than I), supposedly in recovery but doesn't work, can't be counted on for much by family and is trying to revive his childhood band. He had one short note about his mom, then a couple paragraphs about "jamming" with his friends. Oh well, can't do anything about that!

My allergies have kicked into overdrive, have been congested with runny eyes all night. The OTC chlortabs haven't helped much, but at least I can breathe this morning Will make it rather difficult to put my eye makeup on, though, with the watery eyes! The mascara is waterproof, but not the rest.

Dad had a trip to OH, don't know what the weather is like up there, but it's 52 and a light rain, here. I really have to get over the procrastination on some school stuff - still have the paper and a blog to write...on a book I haven't read in 20 years. I did find all kinds of stuff on google, though Just not up to reading 600 pages of mythology with so much other stuff to read!

Hope everyone has a good day, stays warm and dry and all fur/feather-babies are thoroughly spoiled.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-27-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Morning HH

I didn't post yesterday, so reading and catching up on all the posts. My poor dog, had a serious injury to her eye on Sunday evening. We took her to the emergency vet and were referred to an vet eye specialist. This vet is located about 2.5 hours north of our home. We spent most of Monday, going up there and seeing vet, driving home. She is on several meds and eye drops. The vet says she could lose vision, or the eye. Just have to see how it goes. Poor old Blossom, he says she is probably older than we thought, 9 or 10 years. We adopted her 3 years ago, she had been abused and was so thin, just starved. She loves her food and her babies. We have really grown to love her and I pray her eye heals.

I'm a little off center, so I'll close for now. All of you have a safe, happy, day...our pets are so special...
Bloss