Notices

Hen House Talk -All Are Welcome-Part 37

Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Got my first assignment for new job tomorrow and Sunday It will be every other Sat., every Sunday and just 3 hours, so will break me in nicely.

They called while I was at the sr. center, so I didn't hear the phone. I saw the call, called them back (didn't listen to voice mail by mistake) and was praying "please don't be telling me I didn't get the job" so when she asked if I wanted the assignment, I was thrilled!

Waiting for the information by e-mail, but I am one happy camper.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-30-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Oh Amy..thank goodness and congratulations!

lauren
Old 11-30-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Doing the Happy Dance for Amy!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Just found out about my client - he has dementia, is a former officer in the military and can be "difficult". They've had trouble getting people to work with him, but because I came "highly recommended" and because of my background, they think it will work just fine.

Wouldn't it be cool if he was a "Sarge"? I also have to remind him to take his meds AND give the dog an anti-seizure medicine as soon as I get there. He also has a horse in the back yard, so I'm excited...not worried, at all, have dealt with my share of difficult people

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-30-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Congrats ((amy))) yay, and yippee!

I foresee some good stories out of this...lol.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Amy, such good news, sounds like an interesting start to the job

Rainy day here in CA...small break in rain, so off to do chores. Blossom is hanging in there...
Each of you have a safe, warm Friday
Bloss
Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I totally forgot to tell ya'll this. Remember my Harley Dude friend? Have only seen him, once briefly, in the past couple months. Last time I talked to him, he was thinking his daughter (in MI) was using drugs - always "sick" and going through a ton of inherited money. He's a recovering alcoholic, but knows little about drugs so we talked about it.

Today, he came in, and his daughter died 2-1/2 weeks ago. She was 45. He is obviously upset. Said they were doing an autopsy, but it didn't really matter, now, whether it was drugs or not...she was still his daughter. She went through $97,000 since June or July and that was just the inheritance money - she was still working as a nurse.

I feel really bad for him. He thanked me for letting him talk about it and giving my input on his questions about drugs. I think the last time I saw him, was the day he found out. I couldn't talk to him, then, as I was on the serving line. One of our other friends was there today - his son was on drugs and committed suicide years ago, so lot of sadness at that table

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-30-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Slowly winding down. A new series kicks off tonight, forget it's exact title, something with the paranormal face to face - the f2f is part of the title - they're hitting the Lizzie Borden house in this episode. Most of these shows are so cheesy it cracks me up, and this one promises to deliver cheese. Besides, ever since I watched Elizabeth Montgomery play Lizzie Borden (a lot of years ago, don't ask) I've been sort of interested in the story. Did she or didn't she give her parental units "whacks"? The EM film took the position she did, but retired major investigators say it's doubtful. Obviously, no one will ever know, but it's one weird story, and if any place was going to be haunted, the Borden house is it.

Quite cool here, in the low forties. Watching old Patty Duke shows and thinking about my nice, warm, big bed, complete with German featherbed. (We'd call it a comforter, I guess, it's filled with the highest quality goose down, and I love that sucker!)

TPA
Old 11-30-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: That's really sad! I've been reading about several suicides throughout the threads. These are sad desparate times. There needs to be a change.
If you are going to sit with an OFFICER? Then he's way past a Sarge!!

Bloss: How's your pooch?

Jay: Breathe!!

TPA: I have the heavy blanket my daughter sent me from UAE. It's wonderfully warm during the winter, but gets put away during the summer. It is so heavy too.

Lenina: Is your health still getting better?

Lauren: Beautiful snow picture.

To everyone else. Hope y'all are having good days.

Now! Mr. Cotton woke me up at 6:30 am this morning crowing his butt off. So since I still needed to get my hair cut/colored from a month ago! I got an appt at 11:00 and got it done. One of the women in there was gone and someone new was in her place. I found out most of her customers were her dealers and she was cutting their hair for free, for her drugs. The boss found out from another employee, she was dealing in the parking lot and she was let go.

So when I got home today. (I always back into my spot where I park and in by doing so)! I was having to dodge Marvin to do it. He was dancing/running out to greet me. LOL He was just talking up a storm and picking up leaves, grass and whatever and then dropping them. When I opened my door. He walked right up to my door and started climbing in. I had my hands full. So I set everything back down, in order to get him off of me and back out of the car. Lordy! I asked him if he was glad to see momma? He started making his Wa Wa Wa noise. LOL This isn't the first rooster I've had that does this. Oh and BTW! Mr. Cotton is now back in the back bedroom with a mirror in his cage for company. He likes standing out here on the porch beside the mirror I have propped on the floor. So I figured he'd be happy with one in his cage. And me and Jethro wouldn't be woken up in the wee early hours anymore. The girls will also get some peace with him being back in his room too. Molly's cage was right beside the one he was in. She'd look thru the cages at him as if saying; "What is HIS problem"?

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the Owl video. I thought that was so neat. I just had to share it.

Best Wishes
TOD
Old 11-30-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - Too funny about Marvin climbing in the car Yes, the lady said this guy was an officer. When I told her I had a friend who I call "Sarge" she said "oooh, you may be able to come up with a nickname he actually likes!!"

I guess I could call him "officer" - haven't used that title since I was back in the diversion center, which seems like a million years ago.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-30-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

(((tod))) that owl is beautiful! I sure hope she does alright. thanks for the video. i missed it, but went back now to find it. she was lucky, huh?

(((amy))) that is really sad, about yoru friends daughter. there are just too many people who die from drugs. any are too many. it just seems so unreal to me. these chemicals take over peoples minds and bodies. poor man. does he have other children?

love to all.
chicory
Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Your story about Marvin makes me want to just cuddle him! how sweet, he coming to you and picking up leaves and stuff, he was so excited to see you! so adorable!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

One more thing I forgot (Sheez, give me a job and I go brain-dead!) - Aunt M is "getting better, every day" but still in the hospital. Uncle Bob is not doing well. I'm hoping he's got another few lives in him, as he's come back before, but if he has another heart attack, they will not resuscitate him again. Aunt Phyllis is doing as well as can be expected, a friend is going to call their oldest son and "highly recommend" he come to AR from MI.

I'm not going to melt down, again, at least not now Will just keep praying and doing what I need to do, which is what aunt Phyllis also requested.

Back to studying.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-30-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: A nickname for an Officer. "Sir" would probably make him feel just perfect! I've seen what these Officer's have to go thru to earn their rank. I'll say Sir or Mame any day to them.

Family members get older, much older than we are every day. I'm afraid my dad is going down hill with each passing day. But since he just sits around smoking and mom is the one that does all the work. She'll probably go first. Either one is going to be devastating. My mom's family siblings lost their first brother this past summer. So it's happening. None of us know when our day will arrive. Just better be prepared before it happens.

Chickory: Yes it is a beautiful Owl. Our Molly sounds a lot like her. She's a purrer!

Getting ready for supper to be delivered. Pasta Jacks! Good stuff, but I have to be sure to take my stomach meds before eating or I'll regret it later. LOL

Best Wishes
TOD
Old 11-30-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

(((Amy))) your family is in my prayers. I go to sleep thinking and praying for everyone I can think of. I am so thankful for so much. SR is an answer to my prayers. I came here a good bit before my join date, under another name. but I forgot the password.lol.
too many passwords!
good night dear ones.
hugs and love,
chicory
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

(((((HenHousers)))))

wow, it has rained all day here! a drizzle and also cloud cover/fog. Not too cold but very damp.

TOD, I am feeling a bit better. I think the meds have kicked in. It just took so long and I'm hoping I won't reverse when Go back to work. I did take it easy today. I liked the owl story. Owls are special to me, we have a lot around here.

(((((Amy)))). again, so happy for you with the new jobs! I think having the volunteer job really paid for you, making connections and getting a source for recent recommendations and referrals! I'm so proud of you, you've had such a rotten year. I hope your family members are feeling better soon.

We have lots of errands to do tomorrow. I need to get the sheers rehung and get at least one more closet cleared out.

((((chicory)))) How did you day go, with the big wigs in the house? Please give Dom and rest a good chin rub from me.

If anyone is looking for a good book, my favorite this time of year is by Fannie Flagg, "A Redbird Christmas" is sooo good. I love Fannie Flagg and she has the bonus of always including her recipes in the stories. I'm thinking of this as I got out our few seasonal decorations which include a few little Redbirds. I have a Redbird candle holder and it makes a nice splash of color along with the warmth of her candle glow.

I'm tryng to figure out a way to repair one of my favorite pins. It's a heavy pin of a spider with a green marble like belly. I like to wear pins on my hats or jackets. The jeweler tells me it would very hard to fix this pin. the clasp has broken. I went to hobble shop and got clasp but I don't think it's going to work. Dang. I did get out my poinsettia pin and my silver dove.

JayBird, I would like a time for court date so I can light a candle and focus on justice for you, if you don't mind.

I guess we are tucked in for the night.

Much love to all the ((((Hens and Roosters))))

LeninaB

PS. (((TPA))) have I misunderstood? Did you just hop to MCI? are you still going to Italy? I think I got confused.

PPS. Did you see Denny's new hobbit menu? I may have to reread the Hobbit.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Lenina, I've been back from MCI for a week and a half. I leave for Italy in six days.

Was soundly asleep, Claire dug in next to me (all the dogs love that featherbed, too), and then there I am, in a most realistic bad dream. I won't describe it, as I don't want to remember it, and it should soon fade. I woke in wretched pain, which I think stimulated the dream, and now I'm wide awake. I went ahead and made coffee, as caffiene does not affect my ability to sleep, and will watch some mindless TV.

Amy, let me know when you learn the officer's rank, and, if possible, where he went to school. I'll let you know what the officer corps called that rank and the nickname for the school. TOD is correct, if he's much older, then call him Sir - retired Colonels, now in their eighties, don't have much of a sense of humor about their military background and prefer to be addressed as Colonel So and So or called sir. Those of Spouse's year who made colonel are still serving. We even have one friend and former neighbor who made Major General, last I heard, he may be lieutenant General by now. Anyway, let me know. (When spouse was a 2LT, we all called the housing area where the colonels lived Menopause Manor)

Hurting way too much,
TPA
Old 11-30-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - hope you continue to feel better, NO REBOUNDS!!

((TPA)) - he's 83, but I will ask and call him "sir" Sorry you are in pain and had a bad dream.

Just got through with another test. Just have to read the book, write the blog about it and write the paper now.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-30-2012, 09:09 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Thanks for the support ((all)). Time of the trial is 1:00pm, central time. I am freaking freaking freaking out! Luckily I have Moose and Sasha to keep me occupied..

((Bloss)) - How's Blossom's eye?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

((((TPA)))) I knew you've been and gone, I lose track of time since I don't sleep much. sorry! I am so happy the Italy trip is still on. And I hope Haze is doing well.

((((Amy))). thanks honey. I'm being careful to not overdo it. I'll wait a few days and restart my herbs. Nothing in them to interfere with the synthyroid.

much love to you!

Lenina