Notices

Hen House Talk -All Are Welcome-Part 36

Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - So sorry you're still feeling bad. I was hoping the thyroid med would help, too. Lots of hugs and prayers that you are feeling better SOON!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Lenina.....I had the same issue with progressive lenses!! I actually ended up with bi-focal contact lenses....they are the best once you find a combination that works for you. There are four different combination - took me until the last one to get it right (go figure). Absolutely no dizziness which for me was huge.

Sorry you are feeling a bit low.....honestly I have been battling the same for a few months now but have just snapped out of it. For me it is a matter of being active - there is just the right balance that keeps me emotionally healthy - hard to find it but once I have it I can usually maintain for a bit.

((Bloss)) Good for you for knowing when to step back and focus on yourself! I think that is huge.

Hugs to everyone else....am going to go make a to-do list so I get my Thanksgiving stuff organized. Looking forward to cooking and having both kids here! First time in 5 yrs we have all been together for Thanksgiving.....it's a treat.....particularly for me!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Lenina....I had this vague memory of a Winnie the Pooh quote that I wanted to share with you....well actually more of an Eeyore quote....Anyway....how I feel many days....thought you might enjoy it too....

“Good morning, Eeyore," said Pooh.
"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning, which I doubt," said he.
"Why, what's the matter?"
"Nothing, Pooh Bear, nothing. We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is to it."
"Can't all what?" said Pooh, rubbing his nose.
"Gaiety. Song-and-dance. Here we go round the mulberry bush.”
― A.A. Milne
Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

cangel..your post regarding T.giving dinner really touched me.

I know the time and love it takes to make a terrific dinner and
everything that does go into making it special for others.

"The treat"..for you is having your children together after 5 years.
A long time .. I'm happy for you. Enjoy!

lauren
Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Did Eeyore have progressive lenses? LOL. Yeah, I do feel Eeyoreish.

((((Cangel)))) Thanks for the tips about the contacts. Something to thnk about. Glad you can have your family around for T Day.

(((Lauren))). I think you could do well with a home making/ cooking blog. Get a little following going, get a few advertizers.

((((chicory)))) I hope Dom is doing better today. I was thinking about him all day.

((((Amy))). I'm just sorta hunkered down until I can figure some stuff out. And hope I can feel well enough to work next week. sheesh, this grubbing around for a daily crust is getting old! LOL

Love from
Lenina
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Lenina..I have come to discover it is the ambiance of everything in
my life that gives me peace. I never even liked to eat before..it was
something necessary not appreciated. It was almost a negative until
my hubby gave it life..flavours..interest and such a feeling of joy when
he presented it. He was always so proud of his efforts. It rubbed off
and it gave me a want to contribute through his enthusiasm..

That's when I started to grow herbs and the love my grandmother had
as well..they were always so smiley and happy with food..I wanted to
know what I was missing. I started to remember all those times and the
joy of together times..it was always with food and smells.

The kitchen was the heart..these were the happy times as each dish
was with the anticipation of someone else enjoying it. I suppose this is
where my recovery is..looking back and seeing where the real happiness
of my life was/is.

The simple parts of life like preparing..the cooking..the outcome.
Not always successful..yet funny when it is a mess and who is going
to throw it away as no one wants to hurt the others feelings.

You are right..a blog would do me well..I ramble and think and like
to create that whole comfort ..snuggle life..it is so basic and yet so
rewarding.

Now the question is..do you mean here on SR? I am somewhat ignorant
of blogs and where they go and who they reach..

Sorry for the ramble..I do get caught up with my thoughts on these
things. I am a newby to some things..an oldie on others..

lauren
Old 11-20-2012, 01:19 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Lauren.....you can go check out Word Press as a support site for a blog. It is easy to set up and followed by many if they are interested.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

I think that could be so much fun, lauren. Check out some blogs, and see what sort has appeal to you. I always thought they were just junk that filled the internet, until I actually checked some out. fun ideas, inspiring thoughts, favorite things and memories shared. I do think you would be awesome too.

Cangel,I absolutely love the Eeyore quote! I always wished I could be that clever. AA Milne surely must have been.

Lenina, it stinks to wait for something and then be disappointed. the glasses. take a little time, to get used to them . but if you cant, take them back, and ask for something else. if the frame is small and narrow, it is harder. the larger the frame (size of eyeglass), the easier it is to see with it. thicker frames get in my vision way. narrower ones do too. i tried frameless ones and they are nice in that the frame does not get in the way of your bottom vision.
i have been told by optometrist that if i did not like how they work, dont settle, come back and fix it.
sorry you have been down. not working or having a routine gets to me too. have you had any good books to read? if you are like me, when you get back to the rat race, you will wish you had read more books. crafting? pinterest? you can follow people who you know and like there. and get some fun ideas. nature walks? rescue a needy little furperson? love you lenina, I wish you are better day today. no, a perfect day!

Amy- I know what youmean. I dont have the extra money to even shop at thrift stores lately but it makes me try to be more creative. we can do so much more with little, than we realize.

wishing a perfect day to all, and love and hugs to all.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hi Guys been working alot of ot so I bought more fish heres some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC02037.jpg (31.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 11-20-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

And more
Attached Images
DSC02026.jpg (32.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 11-20-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

One more
Attached Images
DSC02030.JPG (92.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 11-20-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

I'm not a photographer but then fish are hard to get to stay still. I love the digital cameras but I guess mine is just a crappy one maybe I'll ask santa for a better one . There is a video on my facebook if anyone wants to see them in action
Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Gorgeous colours Tom..so relaxing to watch I'm sure in real
life.

Glad you shared..very nice. Hello to your family and furry ones.
I know what you mean about camera's...I need a new one too.

Lenina..I think Chicory's advice is right, as I had to do this one
time as I couldn't seem to balance and it turned out they took the
measurements incorrectly regarding the bi focal line..it is a time
thing again yet the second set made were perfect.

Chicory..it is difficult when the money issues come up and as you said
the inventive part comes out and really the gifts are so much nicer when
they are made and created. A lot of oneself goes into the making..it
is much more meaningful. I've done this as well some years and it was
one of the better times.

Bloss..keep doing whatever you need to, to keep yourself where it is
the best for you.

Jay..is school done early in December for you as well?
Hows your little family doing..hugs to Sasha..Moose and
you too!

Amy..you always have so much fun at the centre..it would be a good
match if they could only find a paying spot for you..still sending out
good vibes on the other job's though. I really liked your picture of all
those good people having a night out.

To everyone..I guess this is Thanksgiving Eve for all you south of us
...good cooking..good eating and good times for all. Someone once
said somewhere that this time is better than Xmass as there are no expectations
other than a great meal and good get together's.. I think so too.

lauren
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

((tbeit)) - Gorgeous pictures! My camera that ((TPA)) sent me has all kinds of settings that I'm still figuring out, but the "sport" one, I think, is good at capturing stuff that moves

((Lauren)) - I had to set up a blog for the humanities class, and we use Word Press. Like ((cangel)) said, it's not hard to set up, though it took me a little while to figure out how to post pictures on it..I had to resize them. I'm pretty sure none of ours are followed, other than by classmates (most of us don't have TIME - there are over 50 in the class) and our teacher, but it's pretty cool. I'll send you a link to mine when I get back from the center.

((Lenina)) - I know ((RustyZipper)) had to have some adjustments made to his progressive lens - may want to pm him as he just recently went through all this.

((Chicory)) - Yep, will wait to go to the thrift store when I absolutely need to and pray I still have money left

Heading out to the senior center again. I don't think it will be busy, but then we thought that yesterday and it was. They're closed Thu. and Fri., so will get my "people fix" in while I can. I have NO intention of going anywhere on Friday as it will be total madness.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Sorry folks I thought today was Wednesday..so thought Thanksgiving
was tomorrow.

cangel..thanks for the tip..

lauren
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Morning all:

Just a word to let everyone here know how special each of you are to me. This thread is very calming, such interesting and varied topics...takes one's mind to special places...filled with sights, imagined sounds, smells, and good feelings...

((Hugs))
Bloss
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Well, it's official - I did NOT get the job. Not because of my background check but because of my credit check. I'd told them it would be bad...I'd pulled up my score back when I was working, but no income = no payments.

I'm soooo frustrated. My initial thought was "I could sell crack and make $1000/week" but luckily that's not even an option. The other companies I applied for also do a credit check, so I'm having a pity party.

I got the email about it today, read it as I was eating lunch. Told the few people that were there, Chef A came and hugged me and said "I'm so, so sorry" and I had to fight back tears.

Dad is also frustrated as he's not getting calls for work and this means he gets to support me for longer.

I have prayed to accept the decision, no matter what, and I will keep applying for jobs, but this just really sucks.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: I'm sorry to hear about you not getting the job. I had my fingers crossed for you. But I also feared you wouldn't have a shot at it due to your credit. People end up having bad credit due to NOT having a J O B to make money to pay their bills. So yeah it's going to knock a bunch of ppl out of being hired. But the companies are afraid if you can't pay your bills, then you might steal from their company to make ends meet.

This sort of thing reminds me of TB's problem back when he lost his job. Couldn't get UE because he didn't have a phone they could call him on for the interview. Couldn't get a phone because he didn't have money to buy one. Couldn't get a free phone from the Government because he wasn't on UE. WTF? It seems like there's always a three ring circus involved in everything we do.

Remember back when computers came about? How we were told it was going to save us time and money? HA!!! Now ppl never leave their office. They are glued to the damned computer and use them to order their lunches on line to be delivered to them. Computers with their programs and the communities we now are in touch with take up so much time. I envy my parents. They never got involved in the internet world and have time to do so much. Plus you throw in TV with over 400 channels and wham. Your butt ends up conforming to the shape of the chair we are sitting in. Sigh! I miss the old days at times. So much simpler.

Hound the SR center to hire you! You've already proven you are well liked and do a good job. Maybe take a week off from there. They'll realize how much they need you and miss you. Just a thought.

I see so much bitching/complaining between employees when I'm out and about. I'm glad I'm retired and get to stay at home to enjoy being Ms. Chicken momma. Just gotta work on NOT conforming to my chair. LOL

Best Wishes
TOD
Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

((((Amy)))). I am so sorry to hear this. I don't know if there's a way to appeal such a decision. I won't go into my theories. Anyway, try writing a letter. Express your disappointment. Give a very brief explanation of how you went through bad times but have made much effort to improvement yourself. Let them know you are living at home as a mean to improve your credit score and would appropriate a second chance to prove what an asset you will be for the company.

This seems so unfair, in my opinion, especially given the amount of unemployment in this country since 2008. Once again, it hurts those who need jobs the most. This may be a matter for the higher ups. Like the Department of Labor.

Let me meditate on this. It will take my mind off my own stuff.

Much love to all the hens and roosters.

Lenina
Old 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Thanks ((TOD and Lenina))! I haven't responded to the letter yet, figured I needed a little decompression time, but I will.

Dad just totally went off on me, telling me what I need to do (he has been self employeed for over 20 years, has NO clue what getting a job entails these days) and it got ugly. I locked my bedroom doors so he couldn't get in. I GET that he's stressed, but he's the one that thinks he needs to support everyone and that is HIS decision.

I am going back to the sr. center tomorrow, will let all my "regulars" know I didn't get the job and why. Some of them told me to go out on my own, talk to one of the other regulars who knows everyone. He hasn't been there, this week, but I'm sure he will be back on Monday.

I will NOT give up, I will not drown my sorrows in any substance, and I will perservere. I've gotten lots of pm's, posts, and e-mails that helped me re-ground myself, and it reminds me of why I love everyone at SR

On a funny note, went outside to call Elvis in...yelling all over the place, only to find him in the den under the lamp. He jumped up on my chest for a hug, then wanted treats.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy