Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 30

Old 07-17-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Kirby! It's TOD/Sarge here! I just HATE what has happened to our dear Jay and his blessed Taz. Bless his heart, he has tried so hard to stay secretive and to live his life as best as he could. But "Dick" keeps putting him in the lime light and public's eye. And lets not forget on the police radar either. It just blows my mind he has had so much happen to himself and still finds the strength to come back with that fighting spirit of his. But I'm going to give praise and thanks to the HH/SR here for helping him with that. We are a powerhouse to be reckoned with. There's just something to be said for a bunch of Recovering A/A getting "Pisssed" off over one of our loved ones in trouble.

I've already said my peace earlier on how I want to see Dick punished for these two crimes. Lets not forget too my friends. If there was damage done to the apartment he'll have to pay for that too. I don't foresee Dick seeing freedom for many years to come. Whatever snapped in him to do this was his end to freedom.

As for your mom. Some ppl just have mental issues that aren't explainable. I have the same problem in my nephew's case with his Aunt from his Father's side. She's mental and vindictive. She might have given birth to you and Jay. But Ken and Sue have been your true loving parents. There are so many more out there in ya'lls shoes it's a part of our world and will be from now on.

Jay will have to heal his wounds physically and mentally. He will have to process the loss of Taz in a whole different way than losing Goliath. Taz was probably the reason he survived this horrific attack. No one knows why God brings animals into our lives. This could be how Jay came to have Taz in his. Jay will certainly have the love of another dog down the road. His heart is too good not to share his love with another dog.

I want to thank you for keeping us up to date. Don't ever worry about saying stuff here. We pretty much know everything anyway! LOL Give Jay all the attention he needs for now to get better.

Jethro and I are holding ya'll in our prayers.

Love ya
TOD
Old 07-17-2012, 11:12 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Change of subject here!

My Nopalea Juice arrived earlier today. I took my first ounce a few minutes ago. It has a Strawberry/Kiwi taste to it. It's concentrated, so it's thick. It's not bad though. I've already INSTRUCTED Jethro to take his first dose before he leaves the house in the morning. LOL No words were said, but you should have seen the LOOK I got. I'd hate to have the argument all over again we had yesterday morning. I really do care about his welfare and want to see him get better if this juice really works. But I'm not a doctor and this isn't a doctor perscribed medicine. So he'll be skeptical about trying it. But if it's a few ounces of juice each day compared to the pain meds he's taking now? I'll force it on him. He'll probably be more apt to see if it works for me before he'll believe in it himself. He's such a HARD headed man/Italian. But he already knows he's met his match in the stubborn category with ME. I'm ready! Bring it on. Even more so now that I'm free of the opiates. But this is more the speed I'm at with him! :horse

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-18-2012, 12:21 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Dear God, I am so angry - he killed Taz, and he almost killed Jason? Lord, I hope Taz got in at least one really good bite first. Too angry to post, but Kirby, hang in there, I know everyone here has your back as well as Jason's. If either of you need help, just ask. Now to deal with this rage silently......TPA
Old 07-18-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

In Memory Of Taz

The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog.

A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side.

He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince.

When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the Heavens.

RIP TAZ

TB
Old 07-18-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

((Kirby)) - I didn't even check here first - we've been in shock and not much posting until we caught our breath. I do have another post, for all the "adopted moms, aunts, uncles, etc." but this is your's and Jay's other family (besides Ken and Sue).

I just sent you an e-mail and you answered one of my questions here but I'm really glad you came here and posted.

I hope that, somehow, you and Jay can get a whisp of a breeze going by or just a moment of calm...that's all of us surrounding you with love. We're always there, you're just going through so much maybe you can't feel it all the time.

You know you are loved and welcomed here, you know how to get hold of me, and I know how how to get hold of others as far as the victim's association resources we've mentioned.

I really need to try to answer these questions for my class before going to my volunteer job, but first I've got to stop these tears that just keep coming.

(((TB))) - Your words are beautiful and heartfealt, as always.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-18-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

My rage toward "Dick" continues to build, but I know it doesn't do Jason or Kirby one bit of good, so all I can do is hope the legal system puts him away for life. A dog will sacrifice its life without thought for its human, as Taz has so painfully shown us, which tells Jason what Taz thought of him, of the love he had for Jay. I can't understand his own mother not appreciating and reveling in the joy that is her son, and her daughter...I pray Taz's spirit comforts Jason as he heals. Boy, I'd love to have the ear of the DA handling this case. Anyway, heal, dear Jason, and know you are much loved. TPA
Old 07-18-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Kirby, bless your heart for the update. I will include Taz in my prayers for all my bridge kids. The sudden and unexpected loss of a beloved canine companion is heart-wrenching.

Sending gentle healing hugs to Jay, and lots of hugs to you too, hon!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

I love this music, every time I listen to it I can close my eyes and never go to the same place. I believe all things are possible; the only limitation is our self. You can have as much as you can dream and believe. When you give up or surrender for what ever reason in that moment you are defeated. In this life, and I speak for myself too, everything has a new beginning and it starts with the individual. As you listen to this video would you join me in a moment of silence and pray that our Jay makes a full recovery and tomorrow brings a new beginning for our friend.

Lord, our dear friend Jay is in pain, physically and emotionally The kind only You can take away dear Lord. As I send up this prayer Please comfort our friend; And in Your own unique way... Let them know You are there. We will do our Part too Lord…By showing him we care. Amen.

Much love to all
TB
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

What would we do without our dear Preacher of the Hen House? that was beautiful. I hope that they feel the love we send, and that our (((jay))) gets a beautiful miracle very soon.

the video is breathtaking. how tiny we are in the big picture. Yet we each matter so much. every one.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Dear Kirby,

I am in shock like the rest of us hens. You both have had to go through way to much in your young lives and the sense of betrayal must feel overwhelming. Jay touched my heart from his first post, and you have also touched me. Please accept my love and prayers and convey them to Jay. I'm just heartbroken for you both, but know that there is as much love in this world as there is hate (hopefully more!) and wish you nothing but love from this day forward. You've both suffered enough hate.

If there is anything I can do, I will do it in a skinny minute. Just let me know.

Love and hugs~40
Old 07-18-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Venting on a different subject. Had a thunderstorm, and spouse, that tower of common sense, goes out to roll up the windows in his truck, allowing the pit to escape along with the Lab/Shepard mix. Pit takes off into neighbor's back yard, and dogs get into a scuffle, hers and my pit. Now, it was her dog that beat the tar out of my pit when pittie was a pup and made her leery/aggressive to other dogs (I'll get you before you get me). Upshot, her dog has a couple of puncture wounds in the chest, mine has some small cuts on face, BUT - the black witch, and I use that term accurately, she practices witchcraft and casts spells to harm - called Animal Control on us. Animal Contol guy, once he heard our story and remembered the Witch's dog ripped her nephew's face off two Halloweens ago, gave us the minimum fine possible, waiving several other financial hits and declaring it an accident and not an attack. That woman takes such joy in causing misery and trouble for others...but I made nice, went over and apologized and assured her we'd pay her vet bills, and blamed husband's lack of common sense - oddly, she's so drawn to men she doesn't want to hear that kind of stuff so she told me he was heroic in separating the dogs, like it was a fight to the death. Anyway, it was an unfortunate accident, but it can have serious repercussions - MD law changed and pits are no longer protected under the one bite free, if someone wants to declare my dog a danger then she'll be executed. I am not thinking good thoughts right now. I have to live next door to this person, but after my making nice tonight, she'd better not expect even a "hello" from me, this woman who has threatened to shoot little girls for playing in the street and "teasing" her dog (a Rottweiler, btw), then turning the shotgun on herself, this woman who is constantly calling animal control on the neighbors across the street when their little, friendly dog gets loose, well, you get the picture. What does one expect from a black witch, I guess. Vent over.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by ProfaneAngel View Post
Venting on a different subject. Had a thunderstorm, and spouse, that tower of common sense, goes out to roll up the windows in his truck, allowing the pit to escape along with the Lab/Shepard mix. Pit takes off into neighbor's back yard, and dogs get into a scuffle, hers and my pit. Now, it was her dog that beat the tar out of my pit when pittie was a pup and made her leery/aggressive to other dogs (I'll get you before you get me). Upshot, her dog has a couple of puncture wounds in the chest, mine has some small cuts on face, BUT - the black witch, and I use that term accurately, she practices witchcraft and casts spells to harm - called Animal Control on us. Animal Contol guy, once he heard our story and remembered the Witch's dog ripped her nephew's face off two Halloweens ago, gave us the minimum fine possible, waiving several other financial hits and declaring it an accident and not an attack. That woman takes such joy in causing misery and trouble for others...but I made nice, went over and apologized and assured her we'd pay her vet bills, and blamed husband's lack of common sense - oddly, she's so drawn to men she doesn't want to hear that kind of stuff so she told me he was heroic in separating the dogs, like it was a fight to the death. Anyway, it was an unfortunate accident, but it can have serious repercussions - MD law changed and pits are no longer protected under the one bite free, if someone wants to declare my dog a danger then she'll be executed. I am not thinking good thoughts right now. I have to live next door to this person, but after my making nice tonight, she'd better not expect even a "hello" from me, this woman who has threatened to shoot little girls for playing in the street and "teasing" her dog (a Rottweiler, btw), then turning the shotgun on herself, this woman who is constantly calling animal control on the neighbors across the street when their little, friendly dog gets loose, well, you get the picture. What does one expect from a black witch, I guess. Vent over.
Why wasn't her dog put down for the malicious attack on her nephew?

Sorry you have such a horrible neighbor. I'm glad she's not mine. Jethro and I would have the law out here everyday on her ass. We just don't put up with ignorance too well. Especially when it comes to animals. Hell I fuss at Magnum for barking at the rabbits and deer. But bark away if it's a predator after my chickens. LOL

Had to rush the girls in and out today. It was just too hot/humid for them to stay out too long. Our Tomato Bean Stalks are producing fewer and fewer tomatos due to the heat too. I've already told Jethro they are coming down when they are thru producing. I have another spot by his shop that will make the perfect spot for them next spring. We'll just have to get it ready for planting.

Chickory: I have a rose bush in the middle of these tomato plants. It produces those large real strong smelling pink roses. I had to cut it back in the beginning of this Spring. One part of the stalk is completely dead. I was afraid I had killed all of it. But one day I saw a little green shoot coming off of it. Whoo Whoo! I swear that sucker grew 2 inches a day. There is a single stem, about 5 ft tall with one bloom at the top of it. This has been a weird rose bush. It's the same one that grew to the top of the roof in here during the winter time and grew a rose at the top. LOL

TB: That was a great video. But there are two songs I'm going to put on here for our Jay. I couldn't decide which was the better one for him so I'm putting both of them on here. These songs are just how I roll when shiit happens. I want him to hold them dear to his heart and grow with their strength.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Just in case anyone hasn't seen this lovely web page suki sponsored for our (((JayBird), here's the link to light a candle: Group *Jason* Candles - Light A Candle

(((TPA))) What an awful woman! sorry to hear about the mishap. Our poor animals. I swear it's all I can do to keep from just isolating and avoiding humans. I have to work hard everyday to keep my heart open.

((((40T))) Hope you're getting along OK and the weather isn't too bad your way. Hubs tells me it was overcast and foggy most of the day at our home.

(((TOD))). I'll have your spoons in the US Mail tomorrow.

(((TB)))) That was just lovely. I'm very weepy today. I know enough to let myself grieve for my little (((FuzzyB))) but I'm have trouble with Taz. one of my character defects is the depth of anger I can get. I took a walk today to try and work it off. maybe tomorrow will be better.

(((Amy))) Thanks again for keeping us updated. And I'm so glad you're enjoying the new volunteer job!! good work on putting yourself out there! I'm so happy for you.

(((chicory)) I hope the weather isn't beating you down.

((((Cangel)))). Hugs and love to you.

I'm going to try and sleep. I have a banging headache. I got a nice cold glass of milk and am debating heating it to release the tryptophan or just enjoy it nice and icy.

Much love to all!

Lenina
Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

TOD, the Rottie wasn't put down because Maryland has a "one bite free" law. Ironically, I'm the one who looked it up for the Witch, thus preventing her from putting the dog down. I have no problem with her being upset, to some extent, but calling animal control and attempting to make our lives miserable goes too far. I've done all I can to "make nice" as we women are prone to do, but once I pay that vet bill, I'm done. And because I'm thinking not nice thoughts, I'm considering warning that family with little girls, even though the Witch no longer puts the Rottie out on a chain in her front yard - but that wouldn't accomplish anything productive and would only escalate the issues. Besides, I don't want a spell cast on me, ya know? I'm trying to hold to the positive, to do the right thing. The HH has had more than enough grief and pain and trouble lately, I'm not going to add to it by a deliberate act of unkindness. TPA
Old 07-18-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Lenina, you are such a kind soul, I know I could take lessons from you. I was thinking, the FuzzyB went wrapped in love and knowing he was loved, Taz was murdered - I'm with you, I want more and more to withdraw from the human race and live with animals, who have no agenda, who know only loyalty and love. If I had a million, I'd buy some cheap land and open a homestead to all the unwanted animals I could. Again, my sweet friend, I am so sorry for the FuzzyB, let's hope he's playing tag with Taz right now. TPA
Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

((((TPA))) is right. Don't take out anger on the innocents who are the animals!

I know a spell to protect yourself. take a glass jar and put pins, needles, broken glass and broken mirror. Pee in it. Seal the jar. Bury it near your property line and hers. And try not to fall over laughing while doing this. LOL. Seriously, it's an old folk lore. I think it's pretty funny. she doesn't need to know about it and it will keep you feeling better.

maybe I just needed something in my stomach, my headache is better now. maybe I can sleep.

much love my dear hennies and roosters.

Lenina
Old 07-18-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Lenina, you had me laughing my fanny off, just what I needed, with that "spell." Fortunately, I do have some "powers" of my own, I come from a long line of Celts and the gift of second sight, as well as some "knowledge" passed on along the female line, so I have a bubble of protection around my house. And if that fails, maybe I'll sic my ghosties on her, Seriously, any false move on her part and I'll have the cops here so fast the neighbors will think the tv show of the same name is filming in the area. Sleep well, my friend, I wish I could, but I suspect it's going to be a long time before I get sleepy again. TPA
Old 07-18-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Just in case anyone hasn't seen this lovely web page suki sponsored for our (((JayBird), here's the link to light a candle: Group *Jason* Candles - Light A Candle

Thank you (((lenina))). sending you love sweet girl. you are in my heart, you and the (((fuzzyb)))
Old 07-18-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - Oh, how I needed that laugh

It's 11:52, just got the last of my assignments in (due at midnight) and sent my instructor a note. Told her I do not expect leniency, but she's a sweetie and told her the past couple weeks I've had where my heart has been ripped apart.

My "team"..okay, one is cool, the other I want to SLAP as ((Fandy)) says...haven't even read their e-mails. Anyway, am going to find a time to take my other classmate buddy out to lunch. We need it.

((Lenina)) thank you for posting ((Suki's)) thread...I just cried and cried, but I did send the link to Kirby. I will admit..I'm quite a mess lately. I swear, I have come out of a sound sleep thinking of FuzzyB, Kirby, Jay, Taz, Darby..you name it. Sweet Elvis has been pretty patient to let me snuggle and slobber all over him, but he does have his limits.

(((TPA))) curses to the neighbor. I would include her dog, I just believe that dogs behave the way they do because of their humans, and I could be wrong, but I'm still cursing the neighbor.

I'm going to try to go to sleep. I'm sorry, I'm not much support here, I know I'm not the only one who is hurting for our Jaybird and Kirby. Jay has a family with Kirby, Ken, Sue and Monica but he also has a family with us. Not sure he'd be willing to walk around saying "sure, I'm a rooster from the henhouse!" but we know how much we love each other Kirby---you may be able to kick a$$ (according to Jay), but you're still our Kirby-cat. Both Lenina and I have stuffed animals for you and Jay.

Okay, I'm delirious and I'm crying again so I'm going to try to get some sleep. Just got a text from one of my teammates. 8/2/12 - the semester ends, one way or another.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-18-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

(((amy)))<3