Old 06-22-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Chickory: Maria is in her box of hay and half of it is on top of her. She's playing momma setting right now. She has her bowl of water and can corn as well as her ice pack for staying cool.

Peaches is in her cardboard box of hay setting inside of her crate. She has an ice pack on each side of her box to stay cool. She's also playing momma setting. She has her bowl of parakeet seeds and bowl of can corn as well as a bowl of water.

Molly is in her crate with a wrapped ice pack, spot of hay in the back if she wants to lay an egg. She has a container of parakeet food and chick starter. She also has her bowl of can corn, shredded cheese, sliced apple and can corn.

Lucy is in her crate covered in hay. She's also playing momma setting on dummy eggs. She has two ice packs, one on each side of her. She has her bowl of parakeet/chick starter food, can corn and water.

Each hen likes or dislikes some of the edibiles in their crates. That's why some get more than the other. Their crates are in a corner in the dining room. They are able to look out here at us in the entertainment room. They have a ceiling fan above them as well as the house AC temp set at 65 to 70 degrees. They go out in the evening when it's cooler to potty, eat bugs, eat parakeet food, bread crumbs, scratch, dust themselves whatever their little hearts desire to do. This is an every day event for them.

So NOW! I don't think any one here on the HH needs to enquire about my Silkies ever again. LOL Sorry, but I just had to post the facts for ya. I can just about guarantee ya'll. They DON'T know what a chicken's life really is.

Jethro and I sprayed the two dogs about 2:30 am for fleas. Poor Sassy was scratching and biting herself, nonstop! Magnum has been romping in the woods for the past two nights. So I know he has way more than he usually would have.

Okay Chick! I'm headed in to take a shower and go to bed. It's 5:30 am. Jethro didn't go to bed until 3:00 am. His fibro is flaring up really bad. TB I told him you said hello! He said to tell you hello too! He's happy to be hearing the good news you've been posting for the past few days.

Love ya'll
TOD