Notices

Hen house talk..part 15

Old 08-04-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Oh dear hoping it doesn't come to that! Lots more prayers being sent out! Thank you for the updates hon!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Kirby.... I'm sending you and your family loving prayers. Even if he has to be in a coma he will come out of it easily and fine. I know he's going to be okay. Take care of you too Kirby, try to get rest and food. HUGS HUGS HUGS
Old 08-04-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

(((Kirby))) I have a lot of religious friends. I've alerted them to put Jason on their prayer trees. Prayers are going up from all directions. This evening I will be lighting a candle for Jason's intentions.

If there's a safe post office box or address you can PM me, I have a little something I'd like to send. It's no big deal and of little monetary value but I think it will amuse him.

Much love to you, my kitten!

Lenina
Old 08-04-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for you and Jay, Kirby - I trust everything will turn out ok

D
Old 08-04-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

(((Kirby))) - ICP is intracranial pressure, meaning the pressure on his brain...just so you don't think they're talking a foreign language. I'm glad they are monitoring it, and are ready to take action if it keeps going up.

They often do put people in comas and back on a ventilator for just a bit because it lets the brain rest. I worked in this type of ICU, and though I know it's scary, tell him that I think he's in good hands and there are literally hundreds of people praying and sending good thoughts for you all.

If you have any questions, you're more than welcome to call me. I know when doctors got to talking, before I was a nurse, it was pretty hard to figure out what the heck they were talking about.

Thanks again for keeping us posted.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-04-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Okay, all jokes aside. Kirby! Please say a prayer for me holding Jayson's hand. Let him know while talking to him we are all praying he recovers fully and looks back on this as a bad dream.

Med: Bless your pea pickin heart! As long as you can handle taking the meds, take them. I'd be screaming for more, more, more, so I'm staying away from them. I still swear by the waterpik method. You can buy one at walmart or any drug store. It really does the job for my teeth.

TPA: I love ya dear and you know I think about ya and worry about what's being done for your medical problems. So keep us up to date. The drug users out there, really screw up the system for the honest folks that really need the meds. The DEA has really got doctors afraid of writing scripts for pain meds.

I apologize for such a quick post on the last one. Didn't want to ignore anyone, especially TPA. We had a snaffu in the sunroom here with our electricity. Things were shutting off and popping power breakers all over the place. We are still having problems with the cable box and TV. So I'm going to sign off before the computer goes blank on me.

Love to all
TOD
Old 08-04-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - aunt Phyllis was telling me about how everything is scorched out there, that their asphalt driveway has bubbling asphalt, it's so hot, and no relief coming for at least 8 days. Sending lots of prayers your way that no one (human or humans-wearing-feather-suits) suffers from this heat, a/c and fans hold up.

(((Med))) and (((TOD))) hope the teeth (or lack of) are feeling better. I think I am FINALLY getting used to my new teeth. Haven't had any problems in a while, and though it's been 2 months, it takes time to get used to them.

(((TPA))) - continued prayers that you find a pain mgmt doctor that doesn't judge you by what your previous DOCTOR did. Stepmom has been told she needs to see a pain mgmt doctor but has to wait for the medicare and MRI's that she can't afford yet.

(((Med))) - I will go back by the restaurant next week. Wasn't possible, this week, as I can only go from 2-4, sometimes he's too busy and I can't just not do stores in case he's there.

I walked into McD's, today, to get my schedule and I really, really just don't want to be there any more. I will talk myself into an attitude of gratitude before I go into work tomorrow at 6, but something's got to give soon.

There have been several robberies in the area of work (two IN a bank, one at the ATM) and all day long I envisioned what I will do when we're robbed. Overreacting? Probably. I guess I just feel if I plan for it, I won't be as traumatized if it happens?

That restaurant? No way anyone would rob it...it's huge and the registers are smack in the middle of it, where LOTS of people are. If this job isn't the right one, sure hope I find one that is.

Love to all, as I'm too brain-scattered to list names..too afraid I'll leave someone out by mistake.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

p.s. earlier, on a post, my PHONE typed in "jugs and prayers"...no comments, please, just thought you all could use a laugh. Damned phone has a mind of it's own.

We actually got a break..overcast all day, in the low 80's and finally got some rain and it's 78 degrees. I'd really like to KEEP this weather for a month or so.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Amy for the prayers of cooler weather to be sent our way. You couldn't breathe yesterday when you stepped outside. Today at 1:30 pm when I stepped outside for the first time. I made the comment you could actually breathe, even though it was 101.

My neighbor is calling me snake woman now. After the incident with Peaches and her snake! I went out last night to hose down the areas I was going to put the girls in so I could clean their crates. I saw something crawl in front of the flashlight and thought it was one of our many night crawlers, (worms). But oh no! It was a baby rattler. I stomped on it and went to get hubby. I asked him to come look at the snake and tell me what he thought it was. He said; "Not a snake you want to mess with". And here I am stomping on it. Just a baby but very poisnous!!!

I had to bring the girls in early today out of their cool pens in order to rotate the boys into the cool pens. I just finished cleaning their crates, it's 9:00 pm. So hubby and I will get them moved back inside shortly.

I have two early doctor appts in the morning. One for a breathing test and one for a booby smash me job! I just love/hate those mammograms! The breathing test is so aggravating. I get to blow in this tube while the nurse is saying, blow, blow, blow, blow until I can't blow no more. My eyes are crossed and I'm looking at her like ENOUGH already.

Well we finally figured out what the power problem was in the sun room. The cable box went cockkk a doodle doo and in the process it killed our flat screen TV. So we'll be having a serious talk with the cable company.

Hubby snapped at me over a comment I made to our neighbor when he called and I just got up and walked out of the room. He came in to tell me what the problem was and I said I didn't want an explanation. He then said; I'm going to tell you what happened and I said; You can tell me as I'm walking out the door, I have things to do. I'm not going to post what came out of his mouth. LOL But everything's cool now!

Maria is pissed because she didn't get her cricket time after coming out of the cool tent. She just got finished fussing at hubby/daddy about it. He of course chastised her so she promptly turned her butt around and said the kiss this to him. LOL

Okay, gotta get the boys in so I can take Maria on a cricket hunt for a little while.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 08-04-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Thank you Kirby for the update and please know that all of you are in my prayers.

My heart hurts
Old 08-04-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

It's 10:30 pm. I just got back in from taking Eythel out to do her potty job and also took Maria on her cricket hunt for about 15 minutes. I'm sweltering. It's 87 degrees with 77% humidity. It's hotter now than when it was 101 earlier today. This weather reminds me so much of when I was in Panama back in 1993.

While in Panama. Being so close to the ocean. Whenever we'd do our two mile run. We'd have salt crystals along our exposed skin. You could scrape it off with a knife. I really feel for our soldiers in the sand pit in uniform and carrying those heavy packs.

TOD
Old 08-04-2011, 08:41 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

(((Chino))) - my heart hurts, too

(((TOD))) - No matter how hot it feels here, I also think about our troops in the horrid heat, loaded down with all their gear. I never knew you could have salt crystals form on your skin?

Leave it to the hh, learn something every day

Guess my aunt from CA isn't going to call tonight (dad said she was) and I'm going to try to get some sleep soon. I'm really dreading work (it's gotten worse the fewer hours I work), so hoping to wake up with a better attitude.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-04-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

I really can't quit thinking about Jay and I think I'm in a state of disbelief still. I don't even know his real name but at any rate Hippa laws would protect him in a hospital but the part of me that wants to mother him wants to know every medical detail about how he's doing and we are all powerless to help him. I think that's what bugs me is I can't help him. His has so many aunties and uncles here on SR that would fight to be at his bedside. he's a blessed person and I'll try to get into the groove here.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Ken just called, me and sue are back at the house, but he's getting prepped for the second surgery. we're worried he cannot handle two long procedures in a span of 24 hours, but the doctor assured us that he can. I know impurrfect said she got the text from Jason this morning but he had the first round of surgery at about 1 am last night so I don't know whats up with that, time delay I guess. this is a lot for a body to undergo in such a short time period, i'm nervous about it
Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I love how TOD takes her chicks for walks to find crickets. That's so cool. TOD could bring Ethel here and have a go in my garage, I've got a few now. Out walking the hen.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:03 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Kirby.... He's strong, he's young and he's healthy and he is not going to leave you here by yourself, he's gonna fight 100% to be there for you. You are his number one priority. HUGS and more hugs and I thank you so much for talking to us. It's helps all of us I think to not feel so helpless. He's going to be okay I know that.

You know what I meant I hope, he's not going to die Kirby. He's a fighter.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

(((Med))) - I do know his name, but I'm not going to hunt him down. He and Kirby, Ken and Sue have my phone number. It's taken him quite a while to trust us as he does, and I just keep reminding myself of all he's been through and I don't want to cross a line...though I totally understand.

I feel pretty helpless, too. I worked in a neuro ICU for years, and this is very familiar to me, but I'm holding onto the fact of all he's been through, the numerous prayers that are heading his way, and holding onto faith for dear life.

I did finally start another thread in the F&F/SA forum, as so many there have (((Jay))) in there hearts. SR prayers are amazing, and I've also got aunt Phyllis and mom-Kay saying prayers.

He knows he is loved, as does (((Kirby))). They're our family, even though we've never met. I'd much rather be there with him, reassuring him, but I have to believe that he knows we are there in spirit. Mom-Kay always tells me "God has you in the palm of His hand", and I've asked Him to comfort ((Jay)) with those big hands.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy

I'm about to take my sleep meds, but am going lightly in case my phone rings.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

(((Kirby))) - you were posting while I was. I worked in a neuro ICU as an RN for years. I know it seems like too much in a short period of time, but I've seen it happen. I don't know why I didn't hear the text beep until this morning, but guess I can blame Verizon.

I know you're scared. I'm not happy he's going back to surgery, either, but I trust his doctors, just by what you've told me. They've been monitoring the brain pressure just in case this happened.

I've seen people go through numerous surgeries, families told there was NO chance they'd ever be "right" again and they did just fine. He's strong, he has a strong will to live (in big part because he loves being your big brother) and this is all good. Young, strong and healthy? That's all pluses in his favor.

I'm totally serious...if you want to talk, get the number from Ken and Sue and call me, and I'll call you back if it's an issue with long distance (my minutes are free). I know you don't know me, but you and Jay have a HUGE part of my heart, and I'm here for you. I don't care what time, call me.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-04-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

I think we were all posting at the same time. Amy has lived this scenario from the side of the nurse and she knows the score on this. I wish I could hug you and hold you tight Kirby. Much much much love sent to you and Jay
Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Kirby: If you don't mind me asking. How old are you? I'm just wondering because of what you are having to go thru with Jayson's surgeries.

Med: It's Maria I take cricket hunting. Ethyel is in mommie mode so she could care less about hunting crickets right now. Unless of course run hops across her path while she's outside pottying. LOL When I first pick Maria up out of her crate and walk out to the sun room she starts her goofy whiney noise, because she knows she's going out to hunt crickets. While holding her. I'll ask her if she's ready to go catch crickets? At the word, cricket, she looks out the window and starts fussing to be put down so she can go look for them.

Maria is a pro at following along while I'm walking backwards and scraping my feet along in the grass to kick up crickets under the flashlight's light. It doesn't matter either if it's a spider instead of a cricket. She'll eat those too. If the cricket starts hopping away from her. I'll follow it with the flashlight until she catches it. Then it's back to business, following mom as I walk backwards. After we get done. I bring her in and hand her to daddy. He gets his snuggle/kisses time for awhile. Then she'll start gently pecking at his beard and chest hair. This is her sign she's ready to go to bed. So I have her handed back to me and she goes back in to her crate and icepack to sit on.

Molly is also a cricket girl, but I don't take her out in this heat. Being a black hen she gets really hot, quick!

I remember reading a story years ago about a guy in Germany that use to take his chicken on a leash for a walk every day.

The town beside us lost power from one of the main power plants yesterday. They had cooling places for the ppl, but not for their pets. It was a big mess. Only half of the town has power back on. I told our neighbor today that if we lose power and we aren't at home to PLEASE call us so we can rush home and get the animals out of the house. They would all die in this heat. About four years ago, long story so I'll make it short. The power company turned our power off. Hubby and I were both at work. When I got home and saw what they had done, I was furious. Two of my hen's died from getting too hot. We paid them $500.00 in one day and they said we were paid up and weren't due until the next month. I was ready to tar and feather someone over this. I was just sick over what they had done. And I had a note on my account to call us anytime they were going to turn our power off due to all the animals in the house. They never called us.

Love to all
TOD
Old 08-04-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

I have no words right now..only a picture in my mind of all of us sending prayers to one we love so much....(((((((((((((((Jay)))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))