View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
08FLHTP

Originally Posted by hallegirl View Post
You keep going!!! You are at day 4 and the first 3 are the worst even though day four is still tough. Just don't touch even 5 mg oxy or it starts over and who want to go through that agaiN.
As for the Lyrica, Lyrica I think (not a professional medical person) is for neuropathic pain like fibromyalgia . It's non narcotic. I've tried it for pain and it never helped me but I guess it's worth a try. Rls is the part I found the worst.
Keep going it gets better and you are doing great. Good for you to get out so much today!!! I finally hit the gym after four weeks of doing nothing!
Yes, lyrica is for fibromyalgia.

I never experienced much RLS, but I have noticed a pins & needles numbness in my hands and feet. My massage therapist is an RN, and told me the numbness is probably related to my past injuries, and not my fibromyalgia. She knows I consider fibromyalgia to be "imaginary" in a way. I can't tell anymore if I am in pain because of an actual injury or just because my brain is making it up on its own. But whether it is physical pain or neurological pain, it's pain. And it's exhausting!

Good for you for getting to the gym. I'm jealous! I tried getting on my elliptical this morning, hoping that moving would help me feel better. After 12 minutes I stopped, because I felt so dizzy I thought I would fall off the machine.

So yes, hitting the gym is a HUGE deal. GOOD FOR YOU!!