Notices

Can't seem to kick it:(

Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry for double posting silly iPhone. I just went grocery shopping while my wife and kids sleep. I still have that "hey somethings missing screaming at me", but I have faith in my HP that I'm gonna kick this stuff and stay clean today. I'll worry about tomorow when it shows up peace and love guys thnx for supporting a scared guy you've never even met.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Videodrone, Here's a little food for thought. Nobody ever died from lack of sleep. LOL. You might have a bit of a hard time sleeping at first, but that will pass. Drink Chamomile tea. It will help you sleep naturally. It worked very well for me. Keep pushing forward. This all will pass. Just don't take that garbage. Give yourself a chance to heal your brain.
Wishing you inner peace, and a healing from active addiction.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Videodrone32:

Way to go! You are well on your way to freedom. No more chasing the pills. I know for myself, it was a real pain in the butt to reach the bottom of the bottle and have no place else to get it until my next refill came in. There is nothing like detoxing over and over again when I'd run out. Lord I don't ever want to be there again. And if I'd get low on my pills and would have some kind of appt. coming up I had to be at, I'd have to go a few days w/o just to be sure I wouldn't be in a full blown detox when I had to make this appt. I'm sure my body is VERY grateful for not having to do the yoo yoo event over and over each month. I know my mind is!

Stick with the plan you are on. AND DON'T GO THINKING YOU CAN USE PILLS AGAIN W/O GETTING INTO THIS FIX AGAIN!! Now you know you can't ever take them unless you are seriously injured and have to. Even then I'd be leary of it.

Hang in there. We'll be wishing you lots of luck here on SR. We've all been thru what you are going thru. So you aren't alone in this miserable world of addicts.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks guys back at work today. At noon it'll have been 72 hours since I took anything. I just feel weird today. Slept about 4-5 hours last night peace and love
Old 06-03-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

God today is hard. I want to use to feel better again I know that won't fix anything. Almost to 72 hours. Work is kicking my bum all over the place. I can't wait to sleep regularly again. Someday peace and love
Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm doing it. This is by far the hardest detox I've ever experienced I pray it's the last
Old 06-03-2010, 12:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Go hit the snack machine. Food will help overcome the cravings for the opiates. It will also help keep your energy level boosted. You've already made it three days!!! Just keep pushing forward with the drive and determination to not take another one. A pill would make you feel better "right now", but when that one wears off? You'll be looking to take another and another and another, etc. It only took you two months this time to reach a level you didn't want to be at. Our body NEVER FORGETS remember?

I made the same mistake you did. I thought I could use them recreationally too. NOT! This was about 15 years ago. So when I HAD to take them for serious injuries and after surgeries. I was dreading the hell out of it. Because I knew the hell I'd have to go thru to detox off of them. We can all party and have fun. We just have to do it w/o drugs and alcohol. We are normal people. Our brains are just wired differently. But just think about it? We never have to worry about going to jail from driving f**ked up. I like using my money for things other than Attorneys, Court fees, higher car insurance, etc.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you all for inspiring me I didn't make the whole day at work. Boss let me come home. He could tell I didn't feel well. Just gotta make it through work tomorow then it's the weekend. Tiredofdrugs you are right. It gets harder I don't think I could do this again I feel bad right now. So tired and just yuck.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Why do I keep doing this **** to myself? I know I always end up here. Sick, miserable, and scared. I really think I've reached my limit with this ****. It's do or die for me.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Videodrone, The good news is that you never have to go through this again. This can be the very last time. It's up to you. Don't put those drugs in your mouth. After 3 days the drug is out of your system. However, you feel horrible because your brain doesn't have the dopamine. That takes some time to start making again on it's own, without drugs. So, now you should, try to exercise. Take vitamins instead of pills. Drink alot of water. Take hot showers and baths, Drink chamomile to sleep. And try to stay calm. 3 days clean is awesome. It's only going to get better from here. Just get through today. One day at a time. One minute at a time. I'm routing for you.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Way to go dude, that first 72 is the hardest. With God's Grace and your hard work anything is possible. Thank God there's a place for US on this planet. God Bless
Old 06-03-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I've got that addict thinking going on. I want to feel better today!!! So I went and picked up a friend in recovery to hang with the boys and I while the wife is at work. It's helping. That and reading the nice things you all have to say. I know every hour I stay clean I'm closer to my freedom
Old 06-03-2010, 03:12 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Addict thinking! We call it stinkin thinkin. You think you need what's killing you. Change your thought patterns. Tell yourself if you continue to use drugs you will wind up dead or in jail. Stop telling yourself you need that drug to feel better, cause it's just a temporary fix for a short while, and all the while your still stuck in H E L L. I've got 5 years clean from that garbage, and I know how you feel. I almost didn't make it. I was so tempted to take a pill and feel better. I'm so glad I didn't. I'm FREE as a bird. I wish you the same Peace. Hang in there, and don't pick up, and don't use.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thnx. I think I'm over hungry. It's making me feel empty inside.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

All of the miserable things you feel, will pass. I guarantee it. Every time you take a pill you just set yourself back. Give your brain a chance to heal. Keep busy. Addiction consumes your thoughts. Emotions will come up, along with other things. All of it will pass, and you will get better if you just stay clean. HANG ON
Old 06-03-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks angelic I ate a couple pieces of pizza. Feel a little better. Not hungry. Not lonely. Super tired. Been using a heating pad on my thighs. Man it's such a job just to change my 2 year olds diaper. I do it cause I'm a good dad. It's amazing what this drug can take from you the ability to perform even the simplest tasks. Peace and love. I'm gonna fire up some lord of the rings tonight and try not to obssess over sleeping. I'll take what I can get. Work tomorow. It's amazing how all of you are helping me through this. When I read your words I feel like I'm in a meeting. Thank you.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:07 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm awake. I feel ok. A little depressed. Other than that I feel ok. Geuss I'll have to wait and see what today brings, but i'm hopeful I can make it through the day of work and my stepsons ball game I slept most of the night. Woke up periodically and had trouble falling asleep, but I did sleep. At noon today it'll be 96 hours since I ingested any form of opiate. I'm proud of myself. Not everyone can make it this far CT. Now to shower for work. Peace and love.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

So I keep having crying spells. Good ones. You know crying because I've made it through the worst thing I've ever felt in my life. I'm really commited to this. I never want to feel that way again. Thank u for the support my new friends. I promise to remain an active member of this community. You guys saved my ass. Peace and love.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Anvilhead. Yesterday when you told me to seperate my thoughts. That was exactly what I needed to hear "read". Thank you
Old 06-04-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Crying is good. It's a part of healing. All of your emotions will come up now that your not numbing them anymore. Hang on Videodrone. Your on your way to a beautiful life. I'm proud of you. My son is going through the exact same thing. Cold Turkey, from cigarettes and opiates. Your not alone.