Notices

Can't seem to kick it:(

Old 06-07-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Yep angelic I know exactly what you mean about people places and things.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

One day at a time, and don't beat yourself up Videodrone. It is a disease. The first try is a choice, once the chemical is in your brain it becomes a disease that we cannot control. The thing is not to let your guard down. Don't think you can take a pill tonight, and then tomorrow you will go back to not using, cause it doesn't work that way. Put that garbage in your brain, and it's back to full blown addiction. The brain has a memory, and it never forgets the amount of opiates you used before giving it up. So, in other words, it's right back to the ridiculous dosage that we gave to ourselves. Square One.

WOW, Congratulations on a week of sobriety. You got past the hardest part already. That's awesome. Hang in there, and don't let your addiction trick you into using.
It's a very sneaky disease. The first year I was clean, I was thinking, I could go to the dentist, and say I have a tooth ache. I was still telling myself these things, and I didn't want to use. It's unbelievable how the addiction fights to stay alive.

Be Proud of yourself, and don't give up your clean time of 1 week for anything, or anyone. Love yourself first and most, and you will be capable of loving others.
Your on the right track.

Keep us posted.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thnk u. Also sorry for the loss of your brother that way. I know how it feels to hear those awful words. I'm very proud that I have made it through this last week. There was definantley a HP at work cause there was times where I couldn't do it. I'm really working hard at this. I have cravings. I pray them away. I have a question. Did you get super hungry after the detox started to get better? These past few days I am just starving right after I eat. I can't eat enough and I'm a skinny guy. Peace and love
Old 06-07-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Goodness I'm hungry I just ate 2 1/2 hours ago.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

LOL, The answer is YES. I gained a bit of weight the first year. But went back to normal after that. Your filling your void with food, and that's alright. When I was using I didn't eat breakfast, or lunch. I would wake up, take 2 vicodins. Lunchtime, take 2 vicodins. Snack time, take 2 vicodins. So Yes, I was hungry, and it's normal. Eat good nourishing foods. Fruits and veggies. Take a vitamin with breakfast. Just be careful. Don't get addiction transfer where you transfer your addiction from drugs to food. Be aware of what your doing. Everything in moderation. Addiction is really a compulsive behavior. I definitely have it. Your on your way to healing. The cravings will last a while, so keep busy, and don't pick up. Don't use, and stay away from other users for now. When I cleaned up I thought that I could still remain friends with people who were on drugs. I soon realized after a couple of months, that I out grew those people. Once the drugs were over for me, we didn't have much in common anymore. I didn't stop being their friend because they were on drugs. It's just that after a while, I could see right through them, and I didn't like what I saw anymore. I came out of the fog after a good year clean. You'll see.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Great Scott! A week already! And you were so worried a week ago. Look at you now! Smiling on SR with your little boy. You've shown all of us already over the hump as well as others wanting what we have. IT CAN BE DONE! You just have to reach out and touch it. In the beginning of our using days, it feels so good. But it sure doesn't take long to get into a situation we don't want to be in anymore.

Yes, yes and yes. You'll be very hungry for awhile. I for sure packed on some extra pounds. But it could also be from me getting "spayed" and having the additional back pain. But I'm by no means a couch potato. We have 22 animals and they are very demanding!!! No rest for the weary. :rotfxko But it helps to keep my mind off the pills too. We have two Silkie hens that insist on being let out of their pens to roam the yard for sun dried earth worms. Uggh! We have to babysit them while they are out. We live on two acreas. And they can sure cover a lot of it in no time. I'm panting as hard as they are by the time we get thru walking in this 98 degree weather. And then it's ice cream treat time when we come in to cool off. Of course they want to eat the ice cream right a long with me. And yes! We do share with them. Out of the same bowl or off the same ice cream bar.

Your body has been deprived a long time of food. Plus, food tastes better now. So go ahead and eat. It's summer time and you'll sweat it off playing with the kids. So don't worry.

TOD
Old 06-08-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I have to say I am jealous TOD I grew up in the country, but now live in the city. Like the country much more. I'm really starting to feel noticabley better on a daily basis. 8 days and counting. The cravings are losing their strength and I "think" I only woke up twice last night and actually slept until 6:30. I'm having some insecurity issues, but trying to let them go. I'm greatful that I woke up this morning. I have a job to go to, and I don't have to put a substance in my body to function properly. I'm greatful to just be me today. Still starving Peace and love.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

It's funny. Kinda. Things that I couldn't stand a few days ago look so pretty today. For example me pupils. I hated those big fat things and what they represented 3 days ago. Now I think they look fantastic!!! Why? Because there normal
Old 06-08-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hey Video:

When I was taking a daily vitamin for the first two weeks in my detoxing, I noticed I was hungry all the time too. If you are taking one, you might want to stop taking it for awhile to see if this is what's making you so hungry.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm currently taking nothing. Think body just craves the nutrients. I've become super active again. Excercise, kid, work. It all makes me hungry. Thanks for your support TOD
Old 06-08-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thank you anvilhead I learned HALT in rehab years ago I am eating. ALOT. Lol. I feel so much better physically. Yesterday I still had a rough time getting through the day. Today it's easier. If I stay clean one day at a time someday I'll be me again. Peace and love.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:41 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

When I quit smoking almost 2 years ago (July 4th) I would get horrible, horrible canker sores in my mouth. I started eating a thing of yogurt for breakfast everyday. Still do. Yoplait French vanilla is the best, and your right I haven't been myself but today I'm much more myself than I've been in months. Looking forward to my new home group tonight. I've made some drastic changes to the program I work. Obviously something wasn't working. If nothing changes, nothing changes. Right?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:42 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Jist reread my post. I forgot to mention I read yogurt keeps cankersores away. It does
Old 06-08-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Old 06-08-2010, 12:24 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hey Video:

If you need some inspiration. Go watch the link I've posted. It always perks me up. From having little to getting everything is what she got. I just love this and watch it quite often.

YouTube - Full Version. Susan Boyle - Britain's Got Talent.

TOD
Old 06-08-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thank you TOD. Gonna watch it right now I also reread this thread from beginning to end. It made me feel good to read how sick I was. I need to hold that close and respect it. An old timer told me the other day that he loves his diseease. He keeps it close and gives it respect. He knows the power it has. In a wierd way I understood that peace and love.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Let me rephrase that. It was more along the lines of he knows what his disease is capable of.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

I want to thank all of you for your honest and candid responses to this post. I am the sister of an alcoholic (not in recovery), and I am working on understanding her disease; your posts have helped me a lot to see how this disease affects those who have it. Wishing you all good thoughts, peace, and love.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thank you for taking the time to read my journey. It was a horrible experience and proably one of the most rewarding personal journeys I have ever been on. Peace and love
Old 06-08-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Video, you have so much Love and Support on this site. We all understand what your going through. It's no picnic at first, but it sure does get a little better every day. Hang in there. The best is yet to come, and it's alright to be hungry. Eat and exercise. Exercise is great for opiate recovery. It gets the chemicals in your brain going again.
A little at a time. One day at a time. We are all here for you.