Today I can- a simple thread

Old 11-08-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Zero and I went and did the voting thing. He was so well behaved only the doorkeeper noticed I had a dachshund attached to my hand. It reminded me of all the work I was able to do with him consistently since I stopped drinking.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Watch pre-recorded television programs and enjoy them.

When drinking, I'd never watch TV, I'd be too spaced out. I'd record programs, not watch them, the Sky box would fill up and I'd delete them, unwatched. Whilst I detested myself for being such a loser, that I couldn't even watch TV!
Old 11-09-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Phone bank for the senate race and call my mother to have a long chat. I am off to watch some dumb TV after watching far too much election coverage for my own liking.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Not think about alcohol. If a flicker of a drinking thought emanates from the Beast via the AV, I acknowledge it for what it is, not me, and it instantly fades away.

Before I stopped drinking, there wasn't a waking hour when I didn't think about drink. In fact, there almost wasn't a waking hour when I didn't have a drink of alcohol.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

When I was in my support mode......I would be devastated that nobody endorsed what I wrote. That few people 'liked' what I wrote.

All outside myself, not as I now operate, inside myself, my own true-self. Stopping drinking is a massive liberation. Liberation from the AV, liberation from the limitations placed upon me by the AV.

I've been a member of lots of recovery sites over my alcohol sodden career. All to no avail. It was only months after joining SR that I discovered this secular connections forum, and then AVRT, that I regained the ability to rebuild my life.

The point I'm trying, inadequately to make is, it matters not to me any longer, as an abstinent person, whether or not other people 'like' my posts. I answer to myself alone and no longer seek the reassurance of outside agencies. This fact is liberating, beyond belief. I truly hope other films follow in my footsteps.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Today I laughed with my beautiful daughter ❤
Old 11-13-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Read this today and found it's truth:
Doing as others told me, I was Blind. Coming when others called me, I was Lost. Then I left Everyone, Myself as well. Then I found Everyone, Myself as well.
Rumi
Old 11-13-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Today I can go shopping for something not at the liquor store as a reason to leave the house.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Today I was able to see the beautiful super moon, it is very cool that we are all able to look at the same moon, and enjoy its beauty.

I am tempted to wake up at 3:00 to see it at its closest.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Today I can take the dog for a walk somewhere new.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I saw the beautiful super moon, too. I set the alarm for 3:05am and staggered out of bed (tired and recovering from a cold) and wrapped up warm to see it once more, at its closest to the UK. Before midnight, it was larger, but obscured by mist and clouds - but I was rewarded at gone 3, The sky was clear and the super moon was SO bright.

When drinking, I always had great plans, watch this eclipse of the moon, eclipse of the sun, but if they occurred late at night or early morning, I'd inevitably miss them due to intoxication or recovering from it.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Today I can start cleaning out the storage room without a hangover. 🎉😄
Old 11-16-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

today lets see I cry less because of being sad all the time...
Old 11-17-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Today, I booked a yearly appliance service, that I've been paying for, but not received for three years. I was too drunk to notice before. I'll be seeking a refund.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Today while waiting for my SMART Meeting I was able to play Pokemon GO! (and got hooked). I enjoyed exploring areas that are new to me because when I was using I never dared to walk to a place without a water fountain so I could take my pills.

I even found one while I was on the toilet. Good thing no one else needed to use the bathroom for about ten minutes!
Old 11-20-2016, 11:49 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Today I wrote the best darn paper since I went back to school. Its my Constitutional Law course and we were deconstructing Death Penalty appellate rulings. I wrote it all in one sitting and the minimum is 300 words. When I did my word count it was over 1000 lol. This sure isn't something I could do back in my days of drinking and using.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Today I applied to start my degree course at the end of January.
30 hours part time study per-week for a year.
Not something I would have ever considered I was capable of doing, let alone being able to do such a thing when my mind was a mushed up mess.
Sorting out the student loan this week too, not putting it off as I used to, no excuses here, I want it, I've got to our in the effort and rather than be scared about the mammoth task in from of me (6 years of part-time study) I am excited at the prospect of learning more and applying myself to the end goal by taking things one step at a time.

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself
Old 11-25-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

LIstening to two attorney's give their oral argument as I am writing a term paper on the Supreme Court and "symbolic speech." You still sure you want to go back to college CelticZebra? LOL. Actually, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Keeping calm when things frustrated me to no end. Making plans for next weekend with an old drinking buddy knowing it's okay not to drink, she's got my back.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Having the money and a sober mindset to figure out my finances and then being able to buy my mother an Android Tablet. She isn't rich by any means and I know she would love to watch her straming international news channels and read Kindle books. It wa a great feeling to bring someone joy who was always there for me.