Today I can- a simple thread

Old 12-16-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I'm able to play Pokeman Go and the location of the SMART meeting I facilitate is near over a dozen PokeStops.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Thanks to a fantastic hands free leash it's nowmuch easier for Zero to anticipate what direction I'll be heading. Today we walked 6 miles, down the park by the shoreline and then a two and a half miles on our Main Street.

Needless to say we decided to take the bus home but Zero continued to bring me good luck in catching new and rare Pokémon.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Today I ran my first 5k in over a year I just love being sober and the freedom it gives me, 'buzzing' in a good way!
Old 02-06-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Congratulations Flame 11 Well done
Old 02-06-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

that is a huge Gold Star and win win win..

Originally Posted by flame11 View Post
Today I ran my first 5k in over a year I just love being sober and the freedom it gives me, 'buzzing' in a good way!
Old 02-06-2017, 12:18 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thankyou ☺
Old 02-12-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Flame, that's fantastic, well done on your 5K!

A few weeks ago I bought a Fitbit, with a view to counting my steps and becoming more active....but Go You Flame, you're doing it already.

Today I placed an order for a memorial for my dear dog, a local slate to be inscribed. I feel at peace. She died a few years ago, and I never grieved properly because I was drinking, in fact, I drank more and more. I'm looking forward to the headstone and doing her justice and behaving properly, instead of like an idiot when I drank. Falling out of the tree above her resting place whilst drunk. Shameful. So glad I'm free.p from drink now.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Today is Friday and for the last while it's been my drinking day. Surprisingly I didn't even think about stopping to pick up some beers on my way home! In fact, I've hardly been thinking about drinking at all with the exception of thinking about how happy I am that I've stopped and how ashamed I am of some of my behaviour when I was drinking. I think it's going to take some sober time for me to move past that shame..... and I think it's quite normal and healthy for me to be taking a bit of a stock and doing some self-reflection.

This week at work there were some issues between management and the workers which directly impacted my job. Instead of having a knee-jerk, impulsive reaction, or following the herd and letting others guide my actions, I had a direct conversation with my boss to find out the whole story.... not bits and pieces of rumors, and then I sat with it and thought it all over and decided to wait to see how the dust would settle or if it would resolve itself. I still don't know how the situation will play out but I know that I handled myself with maturity and patience and foresight. I have had problems in the past with acting first and thinking later.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Zenchaser, you displayed emotional maturity (or as some call it - emotional sobriety). I hope this job situation pans out in your favour, but whatever the outcome, you'll always know that you handled this issue well, with rational, logical thought and reasoning. I'm so pleased for you because I know this is a huge step in your growth as a non-drinker. 😄
Old 03-03-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Tatsy .. you made me think of my Madison.. he is buried safe and sound.. but miss him so much..
Zenchaser ... you are growing every day..

me my cold is leaving yeah ... woot ...woot... but having some pains in a couple of places.. see a Doctor on the 8th for a follow-up on my breast screening.. not happy about that.. but will do it.. prayers to all and love a Lady Clown
Old 03-03-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Thank you for understanding, Ardy. It's hard, but they're still with us in our hearts.❤️
Old 03-03-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Ardy, I always like your posts. You seem like such a good natured soul I hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I've been feeling really manic today.... like my mind's been racing and my thoughts are all over the place. I've been really restless. I did some yoga to try to calm down. And I cooked a fantastic dinner! Pot roast with carrots and potatoes and yorkshire pudding. I don't feel like drinking but I feel like something is missing..... I've been jittery and off.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Zenchaser, I do hope you're feeling a little less jittery today.

Today I could research and select the right paint colours to enhance my dining room - instead of my usual drink-fest, causing the selection of inappropriate and often hideous colours!
Old 03-06-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Zenchaser, I love your quote at the bottom of your posts, brings a tear to my eye. Pot roast sounds amazing!
Good luck with the painting Tatsy and good choice of colours lol, I painted my daughters bedroom on the holidays, urgh!!

Today I can park my Mum's car in my garage ready to borrow for work tomorrow as mine is out of action, knowing that I won't have to think twice about driving it in the morning with the worry would I still be over in the morning?
Old 03-06-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Well done Whendovescry! Peace of mind and not having to worry and count hours lapsed and alcohol consumed, to check whether over the limit in the morning - is freedom.

Thanks for your well wishes, this will be the first time I've ever painted without a constantly replenished glass at hand. I used to end up with paint in my hair, on my clothes and furniture - I probably spent more time removing paint, than applying it!
Old 03-06-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Yeah I feel better today. I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday, I was a ball of stress and worry, like every bad decision I ever made was looming over me. I was full of insecurities and self doubt. Today is a new day though so I'll just put it behind me and move on.

Hope your painting project goes well Tatsy! Even when I paint sober I always end up with paint in my hair and on my face! What colors did you choose?

Whendovescry it is really good to be able to drive in the morning and not worry about still being over the limit! Even better to not be dragging yourself around all day at work fighting against a hangover.....
Old 03-08-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

I just got off the phone with my employee assistance program to set myself up with an addiction counselor who also does CBT. My anxiety is through the roof! My heart is pounding and I feel like my insides are vibrating..... a bit of an overreaction considering that all I did was make a phone call. However it is a big step and it's scary to call a stranger and admit that you have an addiction problem. I'd been putting it off for days..... glad to have finally gotten it over with!
Old 03-12-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Today I can go to a yoga class on a Sunday morning because I am not battling against a self inflicted hangover and the crippling anxiety/ depression that accompanies it.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Today I can contemplate resurrecting an old dream of mine. I moved into my current place over 20 years ago - with the intention to fulfill my dream of having a horse again. I was raised with ponies and horses and when my career became too demanding, I stopped.

Well, I'm a lot older now, but after six months sober (and all that money no longer wasted on alcohol) a horse is a possibility and I feel so excited. Particularly after I spoke to a lady riding past today - she is in her seventies! So there's lots more horsey years ahead of me, hopefully.