who recommended Never Binge Again????

Old 07-03-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

who recommended Never Binge Again????

Thank you thank you thank you

I've never heard it explained so well, the way he talks about the food plan is exactly how I quit drinking, and I've been struggling with food since day one.

I've got my food plan in place. The "Pig" has no more power over me than the beast does!!

I am glad that I have been trying and failing over the past nine months of sobriety because it helped me figure out a good outline for what my food plan should be, and what's thrown me so far is that it's NOT what it was as a drinker.

Anyway thanks again...
Old 07-03-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info S Sassy !

Just watched him on CHTV with Dr. Pompa ,...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP0fsxoQcnA

the way he incorporates AVRT makes it easy to understand ,...for sure . I find it esp. interesting Dr. Livingston uses fasting himself , …
Old 07-03-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here's a weird thing: fasting used to work for me before I quit drinking. After quitting, even with 18-24 fasts several times a week, I would GAIN weight. Suddenly eating more often and eating enough was helping me lose weight. Everything got so turned around, it was disconcerting that none of my tricks worked any more.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, but did you track all the sugar and calories in the alcohol? I know I got a lot of energy from that fourth macro, alcohol. I ate less food, but more calories. Horrible nutrition when I didn't pay attention.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Yeah, but did you track all the sugar and calories in the alcohol? I know I got a lot of energy from that fourth macro, alcohol. I ate less food, but more calories. Horrible nutrition when I didn't pay attention.

No sugar, just alcohol. Straight liquor or low carb drinks.

I realized this morning that as a fat teenager I learned to lose weight by drinking alcohol.

28 years later and alcoholic I still have not achieved calorie and weight balance without drinking.

I realize every single time I got fat in adulthood I was sober. 50-70 pounds in each pregnancy, multiple, serial cycles of getting thin during an alcoholic episode and rapidly gaining it back in sobriety.

I still don't know how to eat to achieve weight balance. Toddlers know how, but I dont.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can feel the frustration S Sassy .

With your sobriety now ,... there is a great opportunity to learn what in the Sam Hill is going on causing such a history of weight loss and regaining it . We can all agree it's nothing to do with consuming alcohol ,...since tens of millions of non drinkers around the world today don't struggle with this .

This ,.... hopefully will get you started on a new chapter in your life ,....to bolster your sobriety !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okUsfnQNn8g
Old 07-04-2018, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post

I can feel the frustration S Sassy .

With your sobriety now ,... there is a great opportunity to learn what in the Sam Hill is going on causing such a history of weight loss and regaining it . We can all agree it's nothing to do with consuming alcohol ,...since tens of millions of non drinkers around the world today don't struggle with this .

This ,.... hopefully will get you started on a new chapter in your life ,....to bolster your sobriety !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okUsfnQNn8g
Thank you. I agree, it was a peculiar tool I used that most people would think was a completely bonkers way to lose weight.

In sobriety I have time to figure this out. Hopefully without getting so fat i have excess skin...good thing I keep going to cross fit .
Old 07-14-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh man, this guy resonates with me; halfway through that first video and I'm ordering his book. My Inner Piggie is in for a rude awakening!

Thanks for the info, y'all...