Today I can- a simple thread

Old 03-12-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I'd love to take up yoga again, Zenchaser. Well done you!
Old 03-12-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

That's so cool!! I had horses when I was a girl and I've always dreamed of one day moving to the country and perhaps getting a horse. Although that dream has taken a back burner to the plan of moving out of the city in few years once my boys fly the nest and getting a little place on the water with a dock to keep my boat.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Oh I loved sailing too! I had a 34ft yacht that I adored, but career and family took over and it was sold, due to too little time, sadly.

Zenchaser, I'm so glad you're making great progress, alcohol simply has no benefits whatsoever. It is a dream destroyer. Instead, lets live our dreams!
Old 03-12-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Absolutely!! It really does just suck.... your money, your vitality, your relationships, your reputation, your self worth. I'm done with it. I'll never pour that poison down my throat again. Onward.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I batch baked and filled twenty five containers with nutritious 'ready meals' Protein, vegetables, carbohydrates, which I froze for reheating, in readiness for the lighter nights, when I can spend more time gardening and renovating.

I stood back and surveyed the container stack and cried. I cried with joy, that at last I had achieved what I promised 6 years ago this month - when I bought my lovely range cooker. I promised that after buying it, I'd stop drinking and (amongst other things) I'd begin batch cooking healthy foods on the range, instead of buying unhealthy takeaways and wasting it by reheating such rubbish.

It was such a simple task to perform, now that I don't drink; but it made me so happy, I cried.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

That's awesome Tatsy. I look back as well at all of the things I promised myself. I have a pintrest acct with tons of recipes saved. I'd started this several years ago and sporadically made recipes. But never attacked it the way that I wanted too making healthy recipes for my family. We've always ate pretty healthy, but my drinking hindered the amount of time that I wanted to spend cooking. Just today I went back to one of the first recipes that I'd pinned but not yet made. It is in the fridge ready for the oven for dinner tonight. I am so glad to be able to do this sober. I did it while drinking, but may or may not have the stomach for it when it came time to actually eat it. For once my house is in order, laundry caught up, the chaos has decreased so much in my household.

Last night my daughter came to me just to talk about nothing, though it was something to her. I was able to REALLY listen and offer advice. I did all of this before, but not with the same feeling. So refreshing to be rid of IT. Sorry to hijack this thread! :-)
Old 03-13-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

You are not hijacking! Behappy, that was a super post - I'll be crying again soon. Yes, when I did cook, I'd eat and afterwards, have no real recollection of the flavours because I'd drank - I'd basically shovel the food down. I too planned lots of meals, bought loads of beautiful cookery books - but they might as well have been works of art - standing, displayed and unused on shelves.

You must've been so proud of yourself when your daughter approached you to talk and, you were fully able to be there for her. I'm so very pleased for you.❤️
Old 03-13-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Behappy I totally hear you about the kids... it feels so good to really be present for them! Speaking of crying last week I rewatched Moonlight, such an intense emotional raw movie, and before I knew it I was crying like a baby! The hitching horrible tears haha and then my son came home from school and was like what's wrong? And I told him about the movie and how it made me think of him and his brother and that I was so sorry if I ever made them feel like that, or hadn't been there the way they needed me to be.... it was pathetic lol. And he said geeze it's fine mom, we're ok, it's just a movie. Hahaha. I thought God I've gotta get my emotions back under control here....he's right it's just a movie.

So my car broke down this weekend, brakes failed while I was driving it! Thankfully I wasn't going fast! But it's the end of my car, it's not worth the cost fo the repair. Damn that's an expense I wasn't planning on..... but I guess such is life. So I'm back to two feet and heartbeat to get around for the next few days until I get myself a new ride. I'm thinking of leasing actually, there are some good deals out there, and I've never driven a brand spanking new car!! I find the idea very appealing.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I was thinking today how good it is to not be carrying this secret around that I had a drinking problem. I didn't realize how much that shame was affecting me until it was gone. I feel like I have more confidence and am able to meet others eyes without feeling less than. Today I can feel free.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Spent a day on my boyfriend's 27 foot sailboat. Am now buying Zero one of the highest quality kibbles because I can now afford it. Today received the first letter that my monthly College Loan payment went through (after 1 good faith payments of this very reduced amount and I'm on deferment as well as having it removed off my credit record).

Also am able to mourn a friend's death today.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:51 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

do more than just exist, alone without alcohol. Today I WILL continue to thrive.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Shockozulu I love boating!! I bought a boat last season and got my boating license. I can't wait for my boat to go back in the water!

I got my crappy car back today. Yay no more walking everywhere! I briefly considered selling my boat because I really do need a new car more than I need a boat.... but I love my boat, it's like having a floating cottage and I don't want to give it up. Not the most practical or sensible thing to do but F it, I've got one life to live and I pick the boat.

Sorry to hear about your friend.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:01 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Spring clean my house.
I can't blame the state it gets it down to drink, I've always been lazy But this Sunday is Mothers day and one of my kids is coming to visit for a couple of days tomorrow from where they live away (can't come mothers day as they are working). And Sunday I'm being taken out for lunch by the other 3..happy days
Old 03-24-2017, 10:13 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Well that couple of days went by too quickly
My eldest came yesterday morning and went home this afternoon.
But we have had a wonderful couple of days. Last night we watched horror films, stuffed ourselves with pizza and kebabs. She gave me my mothers day prezzie early (a kindle gift card) so I can buy the book I want, on how we are all trapped by aliens / demons as soul fodder, and why not to go into the light when you die, or you will be recycled through reincarnation to serve on earth again and again (honestly I like that stuff, It's true I tell you)
Old 03-24-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I love horror movies too! I watched that new one Get Out a few weeks ago, it was awesome. Glad you had a nice visit with you daughter joey. I'm going on vacation this week without my kids and as much as I will enjoy my trip I know I will miss my little monkeys!

I cannot believe that this is the first day of my vacation and I'm not being plagued by thoughts of drinking! It didn't even cross my mind on my way home from work..... it's like a little miracle. All I was thinking about was the left over take food I wanted to eat lol

Today is 4 weeks for me!
Old 04-28-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Today I can get complimented for how my looks have changed since I stopped poisoning myself on a regular basis. I was just at my hairdressers who's been doing my hair for more than a decade and as soon as she saw me she said, Oh my god you look so good! What have you been doing differently? I just brushed it off but she brought it up again so I told her that I'd quit drinking because it was affecting my health and that since I've quit my inflammation/arthritis problem is all but gone and that I've lost 10 lbs. And then she said that my skin looks better and my eyes are brighter. She asked me if I miss it and I said no, I'm too busy feeling good from giving it up. So yeah..... alcohol was robbing me of my beauty but I'm getting it back I know it's vain but what girl doesn't want to look good?
Old 04-28-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hi all.. you know what we all have such a circle connection..
Thank you so much .. for just just... love ardy
Old 04-29-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Wow Zen, what a fantastic compliment! You're not vain at all, I still look in the mirror, marvelling in the whiteness of my eyes. I used to look in the mirror to see if they were yellow.

Hi, Ardy, how are you today?

Today I was calm and proactive, when dealing with a fire that became out of control. We're a long way from a fire brigade and I took action with my husband, that saved the little animals, insects, a tree coppice, fencing and grassland!

When drinking, I would've lost the plot and ranted and raved at my husband for losing control of the fire, at the same time doing nothing to stop it. This is such a better way to live.

It feels great to be so in control of my actions. Even my husband, afterwards, wondered why I didn't berate him. I said, what's the point, you've learnt and next time, will build a better fire-break.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Today I can truly be present when I speak with my daughter on the phone. (mad as she is!!!)
Old 04-29-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Fire's can be scary! Glad you and your hubby were able to get it under control. I had a kitchen fire once and I put it out but I was not calm or rationale.... I was in pure panic mode.

Hi Awake! It feels so good to be clear and present! I love that I'm able to be there for my kids in that way, they never have to wonder again if they are going to come home from school to find me already drinking. Instead they come home and tell me all about their days and I'm able to truly tune in and be there for them.