Today I can- a simple thread

Old 11-04-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

OMG I've got this kid over at my house and he just prank called some Russian dude and it was epic! I know as a mother I'm supposed to discourage these kinds of shenanigans but it honestly had me in hysterics! This Russian guy played along, he knew it was a bunch of goofball kids and just rolled with it.

Today I can be sober on a Saturday night laughing my a*s off listening to a prank call with a bunch of teenage boys and a random Russian!

Do you believe in a Putin that can put in?
Old 11-04-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

That sounded fun!

I'm just back from the pub (ginger beer!) In one pub I noticed a couple of jackets left at a table and handed them in at the bar. A while later a woman came in obviously looking for them and I told her what I'd done. She was appreciative and I must admit I congratulated myself on being so sober and socially conscientious. It must have been hubris though because on leaving the last pub I went to put my gloves on and discovered I had lost one of them, probably left it at one of the pubs. Still, drove my friend home and then myself, another benefit of not drinking especially on such a cold and wet night as this.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
OMG I've got this kid over at my house and he just prank called some Russian dude and it was epic! I know as a mother I'm supposed to discourage these kinds of shenanigans but it honestly had me in hysterics! This Russian guy played along, he knew it was a bunch of goofball kids and just rolled with it.

Today I can be sober on a Saturday night laughing my a*s off listening to a prank call with a bunch of teenage boys and a random Russian!

Do you believe in a Putin that can put in?
Years ago when my sister and I were teens we pranked this unethical high school counselor. After over a week of stringing him along, including getting him to call us back a number of times, R finally caught on and got my mom on the phone. She knew how horrible he was (even pushing Herbalife to students and breaking ethical boundaries). So she said that she was an at home mom who didn’t allow any outgoing calls without supervising them herself. Throughout this charade of hers sis and I were laughing so hard we had to put our faces in the pillows so R couldn’t hear it over the phone from the other room.

Good times lmao
Old 11-10-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Today I can wake up early and have the attention to read my Washington Post without a constant voice in my head encouraging me to drink or use.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

So I went out and saw Kamasi Washington last night. What a great show! A stage full of really talents musicians who just jammed out to jazz. I needed a night out like that. I've been spending too much time at home and I'm happier when I'm getting out and being active.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Sounds awesome, Zen! My most recent outing was a change from music.....comedy! Oh my word, I've never laughed so much, the next day my abs (lol) were aching.

Many years ago, I used to frequently attend comedy nights and of course, drank prior and during (and after) and I'd be sat there in a self-inflicted stupor (my husband didn't realise I'd drank prior) and I didn't laugh - because drink affects hearing and cognisance and I couldn't understand the jokes. So sad. I do remember 'slightly' (and was informed in too graphic detail by others) of one toe cringing occasion when I sat in the front row and effectively engaged in a prolonged hardcore heckling incident with the comedian.....yet at the time I vaguely recollect I thought I was being funny - but I was close to a blackout, hence the sketchy memory. Tragic.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Stand up comedy is so much fun! I saw Ali Wong a few months ago and it was great, I was in stitches.

You know what? I'm going to watch some stand up right now on Netflix. I've been in such a black mood lately but I'm sure that will help my spirits. My poor BF asked me this morning to be nicer to him, he's not used to me being so miserable and b*tchy, poor guy can't do anything right lately.

Let's see if some laughs will help.

I think we all have some cringe worthy moments that we vaguely remember Tatsy. I know I do anyway.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Today I have the ability to beat the “bad boys” when playing real time adventure/quest games on my iPad. My current fave is the first of Orders and Chaos.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

I've woken up with the idea of learning to paint. I've been watching Bob Ross YouTube videos and have looked into a paint lounge that is up the street from me. The lounge provides all the materials and has workshops. I figure it's a good way to get out of the house during this lousy time of the year, plus it will give me an opportunity to meet new people and create some art. Also I won't have to invest in all the materials without knowing if I'm going to stick with it, it's risk free. I love the Bob Ross videos too, that guys awesome! "We don't make mistakes, just happy accidents." I need more of that in my life.

I've signed myself up for a workshop tomorrow afternoon.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

How did the workshop go Zenchaser?

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday by exceeding my goal on Facebook for a charity close to my heart that helps those without housing. In my drinking years I would have wanted cash or booze.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Workshop went well! It was chill, there was a bunch of people there painting away and good music playing. My painting was very simple but I still like the way it turned out. I'll go again for sure.

Happy Birthday Shockozulu!!
Old 11-22-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Thank you Zen.

I got my Hep A vaccine yesterday. It took out my Uncle when my cousin and him ate at a restaurant where a cook was infected and it took my uncle’s life. I don’t want to mess around so kept on the nurse until the vaccines came in. When drinking I wouldn’t have given a d*mn. Times have changed.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

My BF has bought me a keyboard and I can't express how excited I am about getting it! I was playing the guitar for awhile but honestly, it just isn't my instrument, my fingers don't stretch long enough and I can't get it to sound really good. But I grew up playing piano, so although I am admittedly very rusty, I don't think it will take me that long to brush up on it, I'm already playing some old songs from ear since I don't have any sheet music yet. It's a nice keyboard too, it's got weighted keys so it doesn't feel cheap. What a thoughtful gift for my BF to give me! It's supposed to be a x-mas present but I'm too excited to wait for x-mas lol. I've got some books on the way from amazon and until then there's the internet to help me with scales and simple songs because I have not played in more than 20 years.... wow that makes me sound old! I don't feel old, I feel like a kid again.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Today, I could pop outta Bed and see a fab Sunrise pending. No Pic processing on this Cellphone image. Just how it looks out here in The Wild West.

It was a very pleasant respite yesterday to be down in our small Town while making a few stops all Sober and stuff ~4 Years in. Same with Dinner Prep, and a prolonged stint last Night of hand washing all the fine things we set the Table with. Sparkling Grape Juice worked just fine for refreshment.

This was our 40th Thanksgiving together. We met when we were 8 Years old. OK OK, we were in our early 20s...
~ Them Changes ~ Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood ~ Live ~
Old 11-24-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Stunning. How about painting that zen?
Old 11-24-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Actually that not a bad idea Aleric, it would make a beautiful painting. Not sure I could do it justice but I'm sure it would be fun trying
Old 07-03-2018, 03:14 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

As we were driving up North this weekend my teenage son - who was the reason I finally made up my mind to quit for good after he called me a drunk and told his brother not to bother talking to me while I was drinking (good advice) - told me he thought it was really cool that I'd quit and that he was proud of me. It was just the three of us in the car and it was a moment I'll never forget. We weren't even talking about how I used to drink, it came out of left field.

Today I can be the kind of parent my kids are proud of.

That's a big deal.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that heartwarming experience BillieJean ,

A "big deal " alright ,.... like, .. as big as the sky !

Old 07-03-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
quat

zen
( sorry you're just always be zen to my 'ear' )