Starting Over

Old 08-23-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

good luck davey ,,ask for meds that are not so dopey!!
you seem ok tho,,on top of tings,,glad u got a pill thingy ,,its a good idea,,get yr ass organised,,,lol,,,
i sometimes started my posts wiv a ,, lol,,,i got addicted to lolling,,tho ,,be careful,,,i think robby robot caught it too,,omg ,,keep keeping on hun ,,u is fantabulous xx
hugs xx cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-23-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey cleo, thansk for the kind words. I must admit sometimes your posts are a little hard to read as they kind of abandon normal English and are into full text speak. I'm not having a go at you, just saying sometimes it's a little hard to read.

Yeah I'm glad I have taken steps to make sure I don't screw up my medication again but as for feeling dopey I'm not sure what options I have. I can't take the NSAID class of medications after the damage they did to my stomach/intestines so I'm stuck with a limited class of medications to manage my pain.

I really hate feeling like my edge is dulled. I swear when I broke a cup I saw it fall and hit the floor before I even came close to reacting. If I wasn't on these medications I would have caught it. It's just awful, I swear sometimes it's like seeing things in slow motion.

I know some on this forum have opiates as their drug of choice, but to me it's awful! I hate having my senses dulled like this all the time. Although as I said before, this is no doubt hypocritical to say when I have used alcohol which also kills the senses pretty badly.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Davey, thanks for your updates, I look forward to seeing how you are making out. And Cleo? I think you have to add a little east London to the text speak, too? I'm just guessing here.

I think you might find you will adjust to your medication soon and that things will settle down. I hope so. Hang in!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Davey, thanks for your updates, I look forward to seeing how you are making out. And Cleo? I think you have to add a little east London to the text speak, too? I'm just guessing here.

I think you might find you will adjust to your medication soon and that things will settle down. I hope so. Hang in!

Hey fresh. I admit they have been messing with my painkillers a bit (at my request) but I've been on them a while and I just feel dulled. I really hate it but I know between the pain and this I prefer this. Still I'm hoping I can get them to work on it a bit. Imagine feeling like you're 2 seconds behind everyone else and you get where I'm coming from.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I hate narcotics, Davey. They make me sick as a dog. When I had no choice but to take them, they have to give me Phenergan to combat the severe nausea and that doesn't help the weird out of body creepy feeling so it just ends up being a mess. And codeine? Holy smokes! I may as well just fall asleep with my head hanging over the toilet bowl. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Not being able to take NSAIDS must really complicate matters but there are so many newer and safer pain medications available these days I'm sure they will be able to find a winning pain management combination soon.

You "sound" pretty good, if not a bit frustrated but that is to be expected.

Everything else going okay?
Old 08-24-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Well Received i'm glad I don't have those issues with the medications, that sounds awful. Yes I am feeling ok, it's just the effects of being sober, my mood really improves when I've been sober for a while.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

hey there

how sounds like you bounced back ok considering......it took me a while before the rubber bit the bitumen....got sober at 26 7 ears and drank again for 3.....really lucky to be sober again, and have been for a number of months....

it dont get prettier or better.......only worse....

til you stop.......

best wishes

v
Old 08-24-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

hiya davey,,ok im so sorry ,,i have two teenage girls,,and got to keep up with the lingo!! i forget on here people may not use it,,sorry,,anyhoo,,just wishing u happiness xx
hugs xx cleo xxx
Old 08-24-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cleopatra1 View Post
hiya davey,,ok im so sorry ,,i have two teenage girls,,and got to keep up with the lingo!! i forget on here people may not use it,,sorry,,anyhoo,,just wishing u happiness xx
hugs xx cleo xxx
Lol no problem. You know it's not the words themselves that confuse me so much as the sentence structure. Hey I'm only in my late 20's so not ancient but yeah I like to write stuff properly or I can't understand. I know that seems stupid in a modern world
Old 08-24-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Oooh queens english..rather proud of it myself...but.....she is well outta touch innit...lol...wtf...ffs xx lol xxxxx
Old 08-24-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Oooh queens english..rather proud of it myself...but.....she is well outta touch innit...lol...wtf...ffs xx lol xxxxx
Lol ok ok chill out, just I can't always follow the new text speak that's all. And to me it's shakespeares English, the queen can shove it. :P
Old 08-27-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just updating, still sober although my illness is playing up, so I'm tired and in quite a bit of pain, yet for some reason I have no craving for alcohol despite this, which must be a good sign. If I can conquer that trigger I'll really be on my way to lifelong sobriety.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Really pleased for you davey..you seem like you have a hang on things xx best wishes x cleo xxx
Old 08-27-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Really pleased for you davey..you seem like you have a hang on things xx best wishes x cleo xxx
Yeah but it seemed that way before, then after 3 months I drank, so trying not to get complacement you know what I mean?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

i certainly do davey ,,i certainly do, i to had lttle slip ups,,but this last time ,,i really wanted to quit ,,i really wanted to not drink again,,
i think you being here is a supportive measure in yr sobriety,,i know that its all your hard work ,,,but ,,this place is a wonderful place to share,,for we all need to be supprted sometimes,,,i think ,,,i know ,,,you will be AWESOMO,,,soz,,couldnt resist lol
xxxx cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-30-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm not good today.

I had some stuff to do, I was raking back some soil to even out a bank and it hurt me a great deal, but no one else could do it. I got it done but the effort has lead me to suffering a lot of pain.

I'm just not sure how to deal with things now, or the pain clinic. They are great but my pain levels go up and down, especially when I do a lot on the rare occasion I have energy. I'm going to talk to them about a more flexible approach, where if I do a lot of things I can take something strong to give me some short term relief.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

You feeling any better?
Old 08-31-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm recovering slowly, physical activity causes some problems but hey it'll get better with lots of rest, painkillers and the occasional warm shower to loosen muscles up
Old 08-31-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Cool. You "sound" grounded. I'm glad.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Received View Post
Cool. You "sound" grounded. I'm glad.
I'm not sure what grounded means but I feel better than I have been, at least mentally. I feel myself less inclined to reach for the bottle when I'm in awful pain, instead I try my best to ride it out and wait for the pain killers to kick in. Psychologically I don't need alcohol anymore, it's more about pain management after this length of time. In the morning when I wake up my first thought used to be alcohol, now I just take my pills and wait in bed for an hour or so until the pain dies down. A nice hot shower helps relieve the pain further.

I will be discussing things with the pain clinic again. I'm obviously not an expert on pain management but I'm hoping they can give me something that I can take during the pain spikes that's temporary on top of my usual stuff. They have adjusted things so I feel a little less cloudy but it's lead to a general increase in pain so I'm sure they can give me something else to deal with that. It's all about experimenting with doses and medications.

I need a small dose of something to deal with the pain when I try and do things though, just something which can fix me for a few hours until the major pain dies down. My illness doesn't cause pain right away when I do stuff, it's the day after when I wake up almost screaming. A short term thing I can take that will last a few hours woudl be really helpful.