Spectacular Connections Check-in Part II

Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Oh Sparkey!!!!!!!! I don't care for kids either...we shall have to let out that side in PMs as I think the parents here might shoot us (grin)

car radiator problems, comuting to work is a hassel, men sck in general and specific, hotels are boring, up at 4:00 am.....

ok ok....i know i know....its not gods fault....sorta wish I had him to blame on days like this
Old 02-09-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I hear ya about car problems (computer problems too, lol)! I just found a mobile mechanic on Craig's List to work on my Subi. Found my computer guy on Craig's List too...

As far as men.. women have their moments too, especially psycho ones...

And kids are awesome! Can't wait until I can teach gymnastics again...
Old 02-09-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

have you ever noticed DK that women ONLY have "moments" when men are around????? tells you something about the problem doesn't it

(runs from the bricks and eggs)
Old 02-09-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

That's because they do it for attention and drama...
Old 02-09-2009, 09:27 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

The rain continues today...finally there is some change in the weather and its looking like winter in California.

I'll do some more packing today in preparation to my move. Its been well over 12 years since I had the chance to live in my own home (apartment actually). I'll miss my room here at the supported housing complex..I'll still be hooked-up with the non-profit foundation Turning Point (TPF)that provided my housing and case management. I will remain connected to their services as a important part of my duel-diagnosis treatment. As it is now I'm off to art group a TPF's day center. I've been making popsicle stick puppets for some time now...ahhh the joys of arts & crafts.

This looks like an interesting one to make today...LOL, thank you World Wide Web.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Had my echo done today...and it was fun! (not)

I spent the entire time lying on the table trying my best to suppress a fart. I was worried I was going to embarrass myself when I was told to lay on my side.

I concentrated by staring at a spot on the wall. I was successful! I held it in! Phew!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
I spent the entire time lying on the table trying my best to suppress a fart.
There's a South Park episode about that too, lol...
Old 02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

dmn guys..i realy fcked up....don't wanna share details so don't ask, but i just realized Ive done something realy fcked....I don't know how we live with ourselves sober sometimes

I know...I know... a drink won't undo the damage.....
Old 02-09-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to TSH's little boy!

I will own to a few psyhco moments of the female type alone and with others of any gender.. none today. Don't know about the rest of you....

Doing OK today - things are uneventful and I guess that is not bad.

Furb - what is this no sugar thing - is it for real?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Resident

Yes I am on a no processed sugar diet. I still get sugar from fruits (3 servings per day) and what is in packaged foods.
When I drink coffee I have 3-4 spoons and it adds up to a spare tire that I want to get rid of. I have a sugar withdrawl headache right now so if I seem a bit cranky that is why. I am getting a cold too.

Dang I am starting to sound like an old geezer.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

I'm diabetic, but even if i wasn't the sugar highs and lows can really mess with you...and bring on cravings as well ... helps when you eat it to releave them, but then when it wears off mine seem worse than ever...so i try to eat carbs throughout the day to keep the level steady.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Hey Furb - how long did it take to lose the sugar craving. I have been eating more (jelly beans, cough drops, chocolate chips) since not drinking and I wouldn't mind stopping but about 3:00 I get this craving for something (not a big thing) sweet and there I go.. Also after dinner.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I've been drinking too much coffee and energy drinks...

Old 02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
sentient puddle

Heh! Easy there Tweak!

Ooh i applied for a job today! Maintenance engineer at a local fruit farm. They want electrical qualifications or experience, so all good... Also it's in the one place, so no travelling to different sites, and no mention of needing a clean driving licence, so ideal whilst i'm banned...

Don't know if they'd be cool with me needing every thursday off for college but if i get an interview it's something to deal with and chat about then...

Feels weird applying for a job or thinking about interviews - been off work since november '05, with severe depression and anxiety, and it's been a long and winding road (tune) back... Dealing with my drink problem was the main thing but it's like my whole life collapsed and i've had to slowly rebuild it...

And it's nice to be applying for a job that seems interesting to me... Whereas working in stockbroking it was just really about what paid well, it was (for me) all a bit soul destroying...

Not that i believe in a soul but you know what i mean!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Resident

Originally Posted by KindBird View Post
Hey Furb - how long did it take to lose the sugar craving. I have been eating more (jelly beans, cough drops, chocolate chips) since not drinking and I wouldn't mind stopping but about 3:00 I get this craving for something (not a big thing) sweet and there I go.. Also after dinner.
I am just starting today. This is day one and I am a sugaraholic. I am not sure I can do this but we will see. I have a huge headache right now and am almost shaky.
Didn't feel this bad in the first few days of not drinking.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
sentient puddle

I totally get the sugar thing... Jelly babies, ice cream, biscuits (that's cookies... What you US people call biscuits are kinda like scones!), fudge...

I guess it's to do with the calories we were taking in when drinking so much...

Plus if i feel a bit vulnerable it's a nice treat... Love snuggling up with a tub of ben n jerry's and a good movie...

I think i might be having to cut down at some point but i've always seemed to burn stuff off... Plus i keep telling myself "i'd rather it be ice cream than vodka"... And that's a fact!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:48 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Awesome, Spark! I'm kinda stoked because I got my brakes fixed (new rotors) on my car for a really good price and for $10 he put on a used headlight I've been hangin' on to, replacing a cracked one. I wanna go for a drive, but really have no where I need to go, lol...
Old 02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Marginally better....

need to get some sleep tonight...
Old 02-10-2009, 02:37 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I keep waking up early...3:30 am (my time) this time....my head cold (or allergies? ) is really revving up...I think that's why I've been so tired lately. I went to bed around 7:30pm last night! Maybe I can force myself to stay awake until at least 10 (or 11) tonight so I don't wake up so early.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:00 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Bam...sleep problems are driving me crazy...have you ever read the Steven King book "insomnia" I think thats it....

It's definately me. I'm sure I'll be hallucinating any day now.