Spectacular Connections Check-in Part II

Old 01-28-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
sentient puddle

Good morning / afternoon (delete as applicable) to you all!

Mum's allowed home today, they did the thingy-o-gram and an op wasn't needed, it's "furring" in the arteries apparently, they're going to treat it with medication. Hurrah! That seems like good news, everyone's feeling better and less worried now (especially her!).

On the sweet tooth thing... I am hooked on haagen dazs at the moment! Especially dulce de lecce / strawberry cheesecake!

If i'm feeling a bit tricky it's lovely to curl up on the sofa with a spoon, a tub, and a good movie. And no i'm not a girl!

hope you're all well? Are things improving for you nands?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Spark, thats good news about your mom, YEAH! Good morning everybody. Hmm gonna clean the house today, time to get out the music mixes and TURN IT UP. It sure does make cleaning more fun when you can shake shake shake it while vacuuming LOL Is anyone doing anything more interesting today?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hiya everybody For some reason the internet decided to let me log on today. *shrugs* Don't know why, but I'm happy about it! Jeez, I can't even try to catch up after so much time absent from SR. I hope everybody is doing ok, still fighting the good fight.

I had 90 days on Monday I just about can't believe it. Part of me didn't think I was capable!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
sentient puddle

Originally Posted by spark42 View Post
If i'm feeling a bit tricky it's lovely to curl up on the sofa with a spoon, a tub, and a good movie. And no i'm not a girl!
by the way, this was a tongue in cheek comment, not meant to be sexist or anything...
it's just a stereotypically female thing to do, if you know what i mean... But obviously guys can do it too...

oh and other ice cream manufacturers are good too - no product placement here!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:36 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hello secular peeps.

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
cant sleep
I'm having some what of the same problem Ana. Woke up a bunch of times last night. Must be the moving to a new apartment jitters.

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
I had 90 days on Monday
Cool SS . Every day clean is a victory.

Winter is on hold here in CA. Sometimes I miss the seasonal changes like it was when I was growing up in MI, then again...

...Its nice to run around in short sleeve shirts and get out in the sun. Hang in there cold climate guys.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Resident

Congrats on 90 days SS. That is great.

That is a lot of disclaimers in one post Spark. Have you been watching Judge Judy?

This in no way discredits the other TV judges they are good too.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Thx for asking sparkey.....they are changing my meds and i think that must be it...along with the moving stress...trying to find a hotel for 2 weeks that allows smoking AND 2 big dogs...we are going to be cramped...think i found a place thats 1/2 hour commute..worth it to be able to smoke....

So Tuesday up at 4:30, Wednesday at 2:30....If I wake up at 12:30 tomarrow I will get no sleep at all on Friday

I'm not even tired really..just happy, relaxed and pissy at the same time..can't figure it out, but don't feel the need to drink over it yet.

oh yeah...i had 18 mos as of Sunday, so if you are just starting off or even a little farther down the road it is possible...although don't look at me as an example lol i think there are MUCH happeir examples around here on SR...

Thx for being here guys....

oh yeah...internet access at the hotel was the major requirement, even if it meant kenneling the dogs (grin)
Old 01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Congratulations SS and ananda! 6

DK up for 90 days soon, right?

Shoot, congratulations to everyone for being sober...and congratulations to any who are not sober BUT who are here and are not giving up.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
sentient puddle

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Congrats on 90 days SS. That is great.

That is a lot of disclaimers in one post Spark. Have you been watching Judge Judy?

This in no way discredits the other TV judges they are good too.

i suddenly came over all sensitive and politically correct... Don't know how that happened!:wtf2
Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
DK up for 90 days soon, right? )
Yep, day 90... should I celebrate with a beer?

Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Never settle.

WTH? I was looking forward to class tomorrow for a chance to do *anything* and I even stayed in town to turn my assignment in. And then my prof canceled class for Thursday. So... a whole week with no classes and I didn't even get to do anything fun.

But, oh well. Thursday, tomorrow, is ONE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:35 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

What a week this is!

Nands... 18 months! Fanfreakingtastic!

DK... 90 days! DUDE!

Gneiss... a month!

And today is day 120 for me (4 "official" months on Superbowl Sunday).

WE ROCK!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Well. Since I have so much time on my hands I decided to clean up some odds and ends. Opened my closet and started picking through all the junk I toss in the bottom of the closet and found half a bottle of vodka and half a bottle of Malibu. Geez. I must have been hammered when I hid those, I had no idea they were there. Got a chuckle out of it and poured it out. I was not even mildly tempted; feel too good to go back now.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Lotta good sobriety on this here thread I'm happy!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I had the best of intentions to keep up with this thread.....and, um.....I haven't!

But, I have REALLY enjoyed reading through, and seeing how strong everyone is.

You guys are Awesome!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:22 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
What a week this is!

Nands... 18 months! Fanfreakingtastic!

DK... 90 days! DUDE!

Gneiss... a month!

And today is day 120 for me (4 "official" months on Superbowl Sunday).

WE ROCK!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Had this strange "itchy" feeling tonight. I wanted something, couldn't figure out what it was, I wasn't hungry or thirsty but I WANTED something. It felt horrible, like a freaking itch that you cant reach. I didn't feel like I wanted a beer....or that I wanted to drink at all, but somehow the feeling reminded me of wanting to!? Sound strange?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:08 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Not strange at all, vivid.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Never settle.

My sense of timing is really messed up today. I feel like everything is happening all at once. But then, everything that is not happening right at the moment seems like it never happened. A friend and I went to lunch and the poor waiter kept filling my iced tea and would leave and I'd start wondering where he was to fill my tea, then I'd look at my glass and it was full. It's really weird. And I drive a standard, and stalled my car 3 or 4 times on the way back from lunch. Weird.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Resident

Today was a great day for me. I met an old drinking buddy I haven't seen for a couple of years on the street. He says what is new. I said I can't go for a beer because I quit drinking. He says me too two years ago and that is why you haven't seen me around. We went for coffee and talked and joked around like old times only this time sober. He has gone 2 years without any outside help. He just quit and that was that. He goes for morning coffee at Starbucks so I may see him there from time to time. He was a bigger drunk than me. I am proud of him. Two years without any support is a long time. I told him about this place and he may check it out.