It's all about me Part 5

Old 05-28-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I was laughing so hard over the lizard story! I can see me and Mr Blue doing this one day. I hope not to have lizards, but if we did its the kind of thing would happen to us! I would die of laughter as the vet talked!

Does your daughter feel ok going to the new class ? I think she made a good point too. I can see where shes at this sometimes uncomfortable place you know. Shes so smart, but needs visual aid, and oh my gosh remembering her age. I was sensitive to things that would make me stand out. They should be sensitive to all this, and of course let you know much sooner there were concerns before a gang of 3 confronted you. I mean you have the same background as they do and can speak their language. Can you tell Im upset a little! But I know you handled it well, and she kicked you under the table. Shes not one to stand back, love it!

I was picturing you with no desk sitting indian style (what we used to call it) on the floor with your work stacked up around you!

Hi Allfor. Id splurge and eat lots of stuff Im not supposed to have too. Id probably cry a lot over gaining weight. I think I will be a mess, sort of scared of babies. But when I was talking to Mr Blue about wanting to maybe learn how to help wildlife in advance, become a volunteer. He said he didnt know if I should be wading around in toxic spills to save birds because one day we will want kids. I told him they had safety suits, and he said yeah but their yellow. Head to toe!

I think I owe you one Charley!

I cant keep up with you Butter! You've seen more of the USA than me.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Oh my, I don't even know if I'll have time to catch up. Yes, I do love animals, at least all my cats that I've had (only had two so far as an adult, one has already passed away, the other one is a crazy little kitten who is way more sure of herself than she should be). But that being said, hubby and I are trying to move to a more homestead like arrangement so raising animals (and possibly eating them) would be there.
We already grow a lot of what we eat, we just don't have the animal aspect since the house we live in is in town and it's kind of cramped quarters.

The cruise was awesome. This was my second one sober, and I'm so glad I had not chosen to do this one when I was brand new into my sobriety. (like I was the last one, last one was only about 6 months or so after I quit drinking)
It would have been super hard seeing all the partiers on the cruise and not being able to partake. This time I was more comfortable in my skin and if I really wanted to enjoy a foo foo drink I'd just order a virgin pina colada or a virgin daquiri or something with a cute little umbrella. I'd sit there on the lido deck, my big floppy beach hat, bikini, my shimmery sun tan lotion and my drink and look like I was having a ball. And I was!

Well Dad has announced that he wimped out on the divorce lawyer. Mostly because he's afraid of what would happen to Mom, and then he said he feels he needs her just as much as she needs him, and yada yada yada.
I'm relieved and I'm not.
I know the way Dad has chosen in the end will be harder for him even though it does not seem that way right now.
Just for those who don't know (TOD has been reading my thread here for a long time so she's more aware) my Mom is an advanced alcoholic. She gets the shakes by 2p, no wait, more like 10a. She's like a Dr Jekyll and Ms Hyde.
During the day nice, but then she turns at night. She's absent minded, all over the place. She has swelling in her legs, Dad says she can't walk and do as much around the house now so he does a lot for her.
She goes to bed with a glass of vodka on the rocks. Gets up late, drinks some water until about 2p and then the drinking commences again. Dad says she's not an alcoholic because she manages to still get stuff done and it's not as if she's drinking all day.
Blah blah blah.
I KNOW that one. I used to have the same rules. My life, my addiction was defined by rules. At one point I could not drink until after my 6 month old has gone to sleep so I would watch his baby monitor and as soon as he zonked out I'd pour myself a glass of wine. Only a glass though.
Or at 8 months old, I could have a couple of glasses of wine but only if he was asleep.
Or at 13 months, I couldn't drink until his afternoon nap. I'd be wasted by dinner time.
Or at 2 yrs I could only drink on Friday and Saturday but then that changed to Thursday friday saturday and sunday. Oh wait but then that changed to all week long. LOL
The rules changed depending on what was happening. Silliness.

Okay, I've already gone on for too long and I have to hurry up and get out of here. I'm exhausted. been a long day.

Still here, still sober.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Munchkin: Didn't you also used to dance? Charley's DD just won Gold in her last dance performance!

Blue: I too laughed over the lizard birth! I have another one, but don't know if I should post it? It's not dirty it just talks about things! It's hilarious!

Here's a video of the flooding from the Arkansas River! There has already been numerous cases of ppl going to the ER due to snake bites!

I've been thru this park many times!

TOD
Old 05-28-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Yup I did. From age 4 till 14 when my knees blew out(more or less). By 16 I was done for in regards to dance, track and field or just simple running.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Munchkin! Eating your own animals you raise? I've officially plugged my ears to that kind of talk!
>>>>>My right knee has been giving me trouble for years now! Too many miles running for the PT test and driving standard vehicles! There are some REALLY stiff brakes in those Army trucks! Left foot on the clutch and right foot on the brake for those that don't drive standards! LOL Thankfully the Nopalea cactus juice has stopped most of the pain in my knee! As well as many other places!

Once I lose the extra pounds on my stomach? My back should stop hurting so badly also! Of course that takes time though! Dang it! And not putting stuff in my mouth no more than I should! I'm taking the "snack defense" tablets again and it's helped to stop the cravings.

I've pitched several fits in here over this porch room cleaning project I'm in the middle of! Some how the linoleum got bunched up and has ripped! I searched all over for Jethro's wonder bar so I could lift the step up in order to push it back under there! Now I can't find my super duper stapler to tack it down. Another Jethro thing! I'll have to ask him later on where it's at. It sure isn't in the case it belongs in!

It's amazing what I put up with as far as things looked while on the pain meds! I see things now and just want it DONE! That way I can move on to doing something else that needs done!

TOD
Old 05-29-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

As for the barn? I'd love to get this one!

TOD
Old 05-29-2015, 01:27 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

That's a nice barn TOD.. could use a few more windows maybe. You could store a lot in one that large.. but at the same time you have to arrange things or you cant ever get to them.. we had a storage unit for a while and anytime you wanted something it was always in the back, against the wall. LOL

I was excited today.. this is how boring my life is.. I was coming to an end of a paper towel roll and thought I can use it and try the extension cords. But would you believe it had so much sticky on it holding that last sheet I couldn't get it all off. It would have been messy and dirty over time so I tossed it. We go through a lot so I know there will be more. Do you ladies like the whole sheet, or the select a size? Another sign my life is boring.. ? But I like the select a size.. it uses less towel I think. My son is always whipping towels off to clean up some spill or mess. At least he cleans up after himself.

Lizard story was funny... he will never live that down. Im going to share it with my husband .

Munchkin.. you and I are going to be a handful for TOD.. I don't each much meat, and don't like to cook it, but my husband and little boy both seem to enjoy it.. I do my best to find meat that cant be identified.. LOL
Old 05-29-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Wouldn't it be nice if I put it in the back forty? Then I could send Jethro out there to work in it! LOL Out of sight! Out from under my feet! I got a good deal on my barn when I went looking so it didn't have a loft! The next one we get will have a loft in it! If I got one as large as the one pictured? I don't think I could put it where the tent is sitting at the backdoor! And I want a barn to replace the tent. I'm sick of tent city around here!

OMG! Excitement over a paper towel roll! That's too much! LOL You could have taken foil and wrapped around the roll in order to still use it! I like the pick your size type! I also use those in Mr. Cotton's crate. Five sheets aross one side and ten across the other! The ten I fold together to make a softer area for him to sleep on! That's good your son is already cleaning up after himself!

I'll probably send the other story to y'all in an email. You'll get a good laugh out of it also! Can't wait to see what your husband's reaction is to the lizard story! LOL

Let's NOT discuss butchering our own raised animals! After that guy at the zoo told me they wouldn't take hamburger meat for the animals? I didn't even buy any the last time I bought groceries! But now that the other woman has said they will take it? I'll buy some now!

I finished getting one area of the porch room cleaned! Woot Woot! It looks so much better and so open now! There was so much stuff in this area it was like working around an obstacle course! And this was the route to the door to get outside too! I found an extension cord in the mess too. Of course I thought of the toilet paper rolls to use for it! LOL

Earlier today Jethro loaded all the bags of cans into his truck and took them to the recycling plant! Good riddance! I'm now throwing cans in the recycling bin! I'll gladly pay that trash/recycle bill every three months!

TOD
Old 05-29-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Guess what guys? I got my thunder storm last night! Whatever you did TOD must have worked! Ha! It was nice and loud with booming thunder, pouring rain and everything. I woke this morning to the freshness you get after it rains. Going to be a lovely day today.

Must put kiddos on the bus bbl!
Old 05-29-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Yay! Your thunderstorm came through! Did it last very long?

Great article you sent Tod, very moving. The Lizard was moving too but totally opposite! Ha!

About my lunchtime now. Friday! A couple of us are going out together. I was rushing to get my work done because I dont think much will be accomplished after lunch.

With a new month coming up, hopefull Kz will be back soon?

The barn is almost like a cottage Tod! You could turn it into your own little oasis instead of sending Jethro put to it. Im finding out completely blank spaces are hard to decide what to do with inside.

Anyone have weekend plans? I always think of your weekends Charley and hope this one is nice for all of you. Are you two going to try to reinstate a date night every few weeks? Lots you could do this summer.

There is another sort of music festival by us, we might go to it. Not sure if Mr Blue will go into work tomorrow part of the day. We need to work on the garden more too.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

We are in the middle of a storm! It's raining so hard I can't see out the windows on the side where the street light is at! The thunder is rumbling around the house too! I was in the middle of cooking supper when it started. I went to the chicken bedroom and grabbed Molly. I sat her down on the couch with Jethro! Maria on the back of the couch looked down at her as if to say: "What's SHE doing on the couch?" LOL

I had Jethro grill steaks before the storm arrived! I made mashed potatoes, gravy and canned corn to go with the steaks! The apple crisp pie I had cooking in the oven was done by the time we set down to eat too! Compared to what Munchkin cooks? Mine was pitiful! LOL Ms. Make my own bread, broth, veggies, yadi yadi yadi!

You know? Y'all know how vocal I can be about things around here? Right? Well I did it again today! I showed Jethro the picture of the barn and said I'd like to have one like it! He then said: "Why don't we build one?" I said: "Okay! YOU going to build it? Just like YOU are going to finish this room. Just like YOU are going to replace the faucets that are leaking?" I then said: "You asked me to get off the pain meds! I did that! You asked me to start being awake during the day! I've done that! I'm not going to sit around during the day and do nothing! I want things done around here! OHHHHH then he stepped in the middle of a big ole pile of crap! He said: "Why hasn't these things been done then?" I said: "Because you don't want to do anything while sitting around fogged out on your pain meds!" And of course he got pizzed and stormed out!

Well 10 minutes later he's in here with a tape measure, measuring the distance between the walls! He said the walls only needed paneling to finish it in here. I'd say more needs to be done! We'll cross that bridge when it arrives! I guess I put a burr under his saddle! HUH!

After we ate supper I came out on the porch for about 30 minutes. I go back inside and he's washing dishes. He gruffly starts giving me orders on what to do! I didn't say a word! I could tell he was showing his azz! But HEY! He's washing dishes and I'm all for that! LOL He hates me when I start in on him about the pain med intake! I stand my ground!

TOD
Old 05-29-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

That's good TOD you got him measuring and doing the dishes too! Ha ha! That's funny!
Old 05-29-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

There's so many scenarios I could think of as to why he came in here measuring?
Was it because when I point out how he's changed on the pain meds? He has to show he still does stuff? Or? I'll show her? He also acts childish at times. He'll act like a kid who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar! And God forbid when his ANGER comes out! Then I'm being ignored, spoken short to. When he gets like this? I MAKE him talk with me/to me! I accomplish this by carrying on in a normal way like I always talk to him! He's irritated but I don't give a damn! He's not going to clam up or shut me out due to me telling him I'm tired of him on the pain meds!

I have no clue why he got up and started doing the dishes. Unless he was pizzed and showed me he was sick of dishes piling up in the sink! He was ordering me to get the clean dishes put up so he'd have room to put the washed dishes on the drying towel! Hell! I was standing there with the large glass bowl scraping the mashed potatoes out into a plate! He got even more pizzy and started grabbing the clean dishes and moving them to the Island for me to put up. WWTH? He was on a role and I wasn't about to bring gasoline to a fire fight!

When we got done he told me thank you! I said: "Thank you for washing the dishes and walked out!"

He's stayed in a bad attitude all night! I'm giving him his space! When I got a piece of pie? I cut him a piece and put some vanilla ice cream on it too. I took it to him and walked out on the porch to eat mine! I could cut the tension in the air with a knife! Italians and their attitudes just boggle me!

TOD
Old 05-29-2015, 11:11 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

With everything going on today! I forgot to mention my cousin was taken off life support at noon! I last really had anything to do with her back in the early 80's. I got married and went my way, she did the same.

I saw her at her dad's funeral a few years ago! (My mom's brother)! I remember her with very long almost white blonde hair! It was beautiful! Sadly when I saw her at the funeral I didn't even recognize her! My mom had to point her out to me! She was bent over, very thin, long ragged gray hair and reeked of alcohol! When I stepped in front of her she looked up from her 5'4" height at my 5'7" height and stared at me! She was trying to figure out who I was. I smiled down at her and then she saw my one dimple and exclaimed my name out loud! Then she moved in for a hug!

It's so sad to see what alcohol has done to her! And now she only has hours to live. I think about myself and how heavily I was into the opiates back in 2005! I could have ended up in the same situation! In a three months time I took 870 pills! I was taking 5 10MG pain pills at a time! Many times a day! I can't tell y'all the pain and heartache I felt standing in my living room looking outside at my beloved Silkies looking back up at me wanting my attention! I could barely walk from one room to the other! I didn't sleep the first 14 days I was coming off the pain meds! It took me a month and a half to get back to some good health! I had two years clean before I had to take them again due to a medical reason! And I've been off and on them ever since! I'm almost a year clean again and I'm holding on tightly to those clean days!

Two weeks ago a man I grew up knowing had a stroke and passed a few days ago! The older I get the more I realize my days are limited! I want to enjoy the time I have left!

TOD
Old 05-30-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Yes TOD I hear ya! We reach a certain age and suddenly people we know are dropping like flies. Not exactly the correct way to say that. But it certainly puts a different perspective on life and the length thereof.
Wow...we might need one of your jokes or funny videos on this thread soon. Or maybe Blue or someone else can stop by and put a happier spin in here. I'm not doing too good.

I was looking at summer camps for my son. Since my daughter is going to one I thought he might like to go too. No way! They want $979 for one week of tech camp. My son would only like that type of camp. But I don't think sports camps are that much cheaper? Well too bad...he'll have to learn that stuff on his own or in college.

But I am excited for my daughter. The optometrist that works with the commission called me yesterday. She said she'll be sending me some paperwork to fill out...and scheduled an appt. for my daughter 's exam to get her new glasses. Yay!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. We are eating breakfast. Hubs went out and picked us up bagels so I wouldn't have to cook. That was nice of him. Even returned with a flower in his hand. But not the type you think. He picked it from our garden. Ha! It's some perineal that grows each year. He tries.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Im sorry about your cousin Tod. Man, its sad! I cant put a good spin on it. Except maybe if you ever feel weak in the future remind yourself of her life and loss. I wish Jethro could see the risks he takes with pills and his breathing being so bad. Thinking of your cousin reminds me of Mr Blue in the hospital and all those machines. Ive never been so scared as I was then. Im sooo thankful hes ok now.

And he didnt go into work today! Omg phone off on holidays and not working every weekend at the office, or at home.

Wow camp is expensive Clean! Can you imagine what the cost would be for your daughters over 5 weeks. Im soo happy she has the opportunity to try it. And they are organized, already you get the info for the new eye doc and glasses. Very cool.

I love flowers. I dont care if they are blooming weeds! I love all of them. Sometimes Mr Blue will pick me up a little $4.99 mixed bouquet at the grocery and I love those too. He says Im easy to please! Ha! Last year once he got me roses were like tie died rainbow colors. We need something like that to cheer up the thread today!

Think rainbows, and a pot of gold at the end.

Think, tiny leprechauns.

Think, a leprechaun puppet! Hahahahaha
Old 05-30-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Tie-dyed bouquets and leprechaun puppets brought lots of silly things to mind!
Thank you!
Old 05-30-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

But where o where is everyone today? Where o where could they be?

I miss you KZ! Waiting for you!

TOD did you switch your days and nights again?

Allfor didn't see you last night. Oh, Blue you asked me that didn't you? No I wrote allfor a few Pms but didn't hear from her! Hope she's alright!

Butter are you too busy in Boston now?

Eyes what happened to you?

Munchkin I hope you like our thread? I'm going to go looking for you! You too...TOD....might have to stop by AP today.

Charley hope your weekend is nice!
Old 05-30-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here ya folks!

A good laugh for people in any age group, but the 50+ crowd will appreciate
it a little more !!!

When I bought my Blackberry, I thought about the 30-year business I ran with
1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos,
pictures and communicates with Facebook and Twitter. I signed up under
duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my seven kids, their spouses, 13 grand
kids and 2 great grand kids could communicate with me in the modern way. I
figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140
characters of space.

That was before one of my grandkids hooked me up for Tweeter, Tweetree,
Twhirl, Twitterfon, Tweetie and Twittererific Tweetdeck, Twitpix and
something that sends every message to my cell phone and every other program
within the texting World.

My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything
except the bowel movements of the entire next generation. I am not ready to
live like this. I keep my cell phone in the garage in my golf bag.

The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost
every now and then going over to the grocery store or library. I keep that
in a box under my tool bench with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone I am
supposed to use when I drive. I wore it once and was standing in line at
Barnes and Noble talking to my wife and everyone in the nearest 50 yards was
glaring at me. I had to take my hearing aid out to use it, and I got a
little loud.

I mean the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside
that gadget was the most annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long
time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating." You
would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate
me. She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at
the next light. Then if I made a right turn instead. Well, it was not a good
relationship..
When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the
cross streets and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy,
the GPS lady, at least she loves me.

To be perfectly frank, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless
phones in our house. We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't
figured out how I can lose three phones all at once and have to run around
digging under chair cushions and checking bathrooms and the dirty laundry
baskets when the phone rings.

The world is just getting too complex for me. They even mess me up every
time I go to the grocery store. You would think they could settle on
something themselves but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check
out just knocks me for a loop. I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to
avoid looking confused, but I never remember to take them with me.

Now I toss it back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or Plastic?" I just
say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." Then it's their turn to stare
at me with a blank look. I was recently asked if I tweet. I answered, No,
but I do fart a lot."

P.S. I know some of you are not over 60. I sent it to you to allow you to
forward it to those who are.

We senior citizens don't need anymore gadgets. The TV remote and the garage
door remote are about all we can handle.

TOD
Old 05-30-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post

TOD did you switch your days and nights again?
I gotta keep y'all guessing! That way you'll never know when to expect me to show up on here! ROFL

TOD