View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 11:11 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

With everything going on today! I forgot to mention my cousin was taken off life support at noon! I last really had anything to do with her back in the early 80's. I got married and went my way, she did the same.

I saw her at her dad's funeral a few years ago! (My mom's brother)! I remember her with very long almost white blonde hair! It was beautiful! Sadly when I saw her at the funeral I didn't even recognize her! My mom had to point her out to me! She was bent over, very thin, long ragged gray hair and reeked of alcohol! When I stepped in front of her she looked up from her 5'4" height at my 5'7" height and stared at me! She was trying to figure out who I was. I smiled down at her and then she saw my one dimple and exclaimed my name out loud! Then she moved in for a hug!

It's so sad to see what alcohol has done to her! And now she only has hours to live. I think about myself and how heavily I was into the opiates back in 2005! I could have ended up in the same situation! In a three months time I took 870 pills! I was taking 5 10MG pain pills at a time! Many times a day! I can't tell y'all the pain and heartache I felt standing in my living room looking outside at my beloved Silkies looking back up at me wanting my attention! I could barely walk from one room to the other! I didn't sleep the first 14 days I was coming off the pain meds! It took me a month and a half to get back to some good health! I had two years clean before I had to take them again due to a medical reason! And I've been off and on them ever since! I'm almost a year clean again and I'm holding on tightly to those clean days!

Two weeks ago a man I grew up knowing had a stroke and passed a few days ago! The older I get the more I realize my days are limited! I want to enjoy the time I have left!

TOD