Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekenders- Forgiving Ourselves this Weekend, 15-18 March 2024

Notices

Weekenders- Forgiving Ourselves this Weekend, 15-18 March 2024

Old 03-15-2024, 01:33 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks Joe!
Let us know how it goes Least.
So true Trach! 🙏

I found it Off. Thanks a bunch.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Tnx for another good one, Mags!

'Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.'

My go-to on this germane topic is the 2nd sentence of thIs quote credited to Maya Angelou. Inverted, I interpret it like this: If I knew or know better and still do stupid schitte, then i'm prone to beating up on myself. That said, the pure, unaddicted Heart fears nothing if something is done from pure intent. It's a bit too much of a Codie Mindset to sweat what others think, cuz I just can't live that way anymore. When I now do better [while efforllessly Sober], Folks notice and in my Universe, action beats words any day. As with every trip these Days, I do something good each Day *just because*. Give a lost Soul some directions or some recon on what a drive through Colorado is like in dicey weather. Or, even picking up some random Litter. I've always believed in doing good things as if no one is watching, and that's even more important to me now in Sobriety. I can't necessarily make it good with each individual, but I can make it good with The Universe.

'Happy' ~ Pharrell Williams

Old 03-15-2024, 04:32 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
This was touching Leshar. I understand how you must be feeling regarding your late husband. I’m sorry. But I know that he forgives you.
I read about something called PAWS. Not heard/mentioned here. But I haven’t searched extensively. It’s an acronym describing feelings associated with the months following sobriety. Depression, moodiness even blahs. I feel that now. Sort of not upbeat like I usually am. Just meh and a bit down. 😞
Please stay strong! You’ve got this. And we’re here for you!!
Peke, thank you so much for your kind support. And so well done on your sober path! I'm happy for you.

The last two weeks have brought worsening depression and a lack of motivation. I'm 4 months now. I know I must be patient.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:34 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Offthemast View Post
There is a lengthy PAWS thread in the "Alcoholism" subforum.
Thank you Off, I will check it out again. I haven't looked at this thread for some time.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:49 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I’m thinking a lot about self forgiveness. It’s so hard, because the mistakes I have made sometimes seem insurmountable.

I did not cause them all, some were thrust upon me, but still, feel like a complete incompetent. How I wish I could have done better.

I need to be very grateful for my sobriety because without it would not even have the mercy of making amends, however pitiful.

Old 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders,

I love the theme of this one. Tough stuff for many of us.

I want to think that the rebuilding elements of sobriety brings a bit of self forgivenes.

Anyhow, may you all have a good one no matter what you do.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:15 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Stay strong Leshar. Four months is amazing.

Just got back from the pre-wedding party. It was at a beer hall.
It wasn’t that hard to resist. Mostly because I am not a huge fan of beer. I can safely say that just myself and one female cousin were the only two ppl who didn’t drink.
I did well. It wasn’t easy. But what funny is that it gets easier the more intoxicated everyone else gets.
It gets easier to feel less anxious because everyone else is starting to slur a bit and sort of close their eyes.
Not sure if this makes sense.
Anyway! It’s over and I will focus on the wedding tomorrow. And my bday.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:26 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Popping in if that's ok I've been reading along.

Peke I am so proud of you for staying so strong while on this wedding and vacation! Each time you post that you are doing fine and having fun, I am so happy to read that you're staying so strong and protecting your quit while on your trip. Happy Birthday too!

Leshar I was reading about your feelings of flat and depression and Peke too mentioned. Thank you @Offthemast for posting about the PAWS thread in the alcoholism section. I went over, lots to read in all the part(s). I was reading some of the posts, because I've mentioned how I've been feeling different this past week and when reading parts of the thread someone mentioned that they were having blood pressure spikes and palpatations and my eyes popped open because earlier today I called my doctor and she will see me Monday morning because since quitting my BP has come down nicely but lately it's spiking up, yesterday and today I was hitting 160/89 and I can feel it and funny heartbeat. I am so happy I got the Dr appointment for Monday morning, but it has me wondering about the PAWS thing. I am wondering if it is related. There was even a post in that thread about someone mentioning that they were overly checking if they locked the front door over and over, and it is so strange that I posted that myself in my journal thread that I started doing that, and it was strange of me. Maybe I am just losing my mind, ha ha. But if it's all true about how our drinking can lead to something like PAWS and to feel this way, I can guarantee I'll never go back to drinking, this is some scary stuff.
Old 03-16-2024, 01:39 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Interesting posts!

Sunny morning here after a slight frost. Looks like it’ll be a nice day.

Congratulations to all weekenders for another day sober. Every day counts.

Have a good day. Love to all. xxxx
Old 03-16-2024, 01:52 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
The Dog

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
It wasn’t easy. But what funny is that it gets easier the more intoxicated everyone else gets.
It sure doesn't hurt to occasionally watch others get stupid drunk. I wouldn't recommend it right away when one quits because the temptation could be too much if they offer you a drink. But once you are getting strength in your quit it can make you think, "Geez, I don't ever want to act like they are and look like a complete fool. "

Day 255 ODAAT
Old 03-16-2024, 03:52 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders

Peke, well done on resisting any temptation to drink. Gatherings like weddings make me feel anxious and want to drink to deal with the anxiety. Happy (soon to be) Birthday!

It's a lovely day outside. Very cold but very sunny. It makes for a nice break from the damp weather we've largely had this year.

I'm off to do some shopping this morning and then after something to eat will be going for a walk this afternoon.

Take care everyone.
Old 03-16-2024, 03:53 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks Robbie!
Pledging for today. It’s day 65. And I’m 55.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:01 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, lovely sunny day today so going for a nice walk, have a great day
Old 03-16-2024, 04:06 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Peke!

Old 03-16-2024, 04:13 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Happy birthday 🎊🎂🎁🎈 Peke!!!
Old 03-16-2024, 04:13 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Dearest Peke,

Old 03-16-2024, 04:20 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Peke. 🌹🌹🌹
Old 03-16-2024, 04:39 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I have not stopped by in a while but still living my sober life the best I can. Thanks Mags!!
Old 03-16-2024, 05:59 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Happy bday Peke and congrats on day 65!

Grateful to wake up sober today. Watched a good movie with the wife last night. Slept like absolute crap but that’s ok - it sure beats waking up hungover and not remembering parts of the prior night.

Have a great Saturday all! I’m committed to staying sober with all of you today.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:08 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
The Dog

Happy Birthday Peke