Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekenders- Forgiving Ourselves this Weekend, 15-18 March 2024

Notices

Weekenders- Forgiving Ourselves this Weekend, 15-18 March 2024

Old 03-16-2024, 10:04 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you had fun Peke! The best fun is had when we're sober and can remember it.

Finally seeing some good results from my war on the calluses on my feet. They are mostly gone and my feet don't hurt as much now as they did.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:08 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Peke, good work on your visit and the wedding. Pleased you enjoyed it!
I can’t take credit for starting the Weekenders thread, there were many before me, Gilmer, Dee and our very own Saou! Many more have carried on the opening post for it.

Good to see you 424 ~ Alive! Welcome to Weekenders

Zen love your Caturday gif! Brilliant!

Purps, I’m going to get some of those Bach rescue pastilles for Mr. Mags. Thanks for sharing.

Taking mum-in-law and her sister for lunch later. She has Alzheimer’s and is very fed up with herself and life. Since she lost her husband she says every day it’s time she wasn’t here. Sigh. She knows she’s losing her memory/mind more and more. It’s sad to see.

Looks like the rain is here for the day, we’ll morning at least. April showers early.

Have a good sober day. Shout out if you’re struggling.

Love to all. xxxx

Old 03-17-2024, 01:08 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

It's St Patrick's weekend and I'm broke, which is perhaps for the best. But tomorrow is a bank holiday and tonight is St Patrick's Night so there'll be alcohol left lying around on the street everywhere. I could go into town tomorrow morning at 5am and black the **** out for free, which is what I did last St Patrick's night lol. But I don't want to. I'm only on day 3, so this is my first weekend on this sobriety attempt. I'm trying to be on my best behaviour. I told my probation officer I'm going to hit a few meetings. There's two AA meetings in my town on Sundays. I'll try and hit the noon one at least.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:59 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Could you try and go to a meeting at some point today FF? It's better than walking the streets picking up abandoned bottles and glasses of alcohol. It's definitely a lot safer.

Whatever you do, have a peaceful St Patrick's Day.
Old 03-17-2024, 02:05 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

It's a sober sunday morning and I'm spening some time relaxing watching a live webcam on YouTube!

This live webcam is based at Finse railway station, which is in north east Norway. I love snow though I don't know if I could live with it for several months each year. It's very relaxing watching the live feed though, even if very little happens most of the time

The station lies on the Bergen-Oslo railway line which I'd love to travel along one day https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergen_Line
Old 03-17-2024, 02:19 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Magsie

Freedomfries day 3 is progress. Much better to hit some meetings than wake up wondering what the heck happened. All the best.

Robbie lovely to see so much snow. I like live feeds too. I Often watch the Watergate Bay Hotel Beach cam. You get the surfers in better weather. Technology is great! Mostly. Lol

Old 03-17-2024, 02:30 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hey Robbie! That’s not far from where I live! 😅
Old 03-17-2024, 02:54 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Hey Robbie! That’s not far from where I live! 😅
It looks lovely! I love watching live cams from Norway. It's always very serene (and snowy!).
Old 03-17-2024, 03:40 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 531. Missed yesterday pledge due to travel but remained sober.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:13 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
The Dog

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
It's a sober sunday morning and I'm spening some time relaxing watching a live webcam on YouTube!

This live webcam is based at Finse railway station, which is in north east Norway. I love snow though I don't know if I could live with it for several months each year. It's very relaxing watching the live feed though, even if very little happens most of the time
Day 256 ODAAT I watch quite a few trains myself, more so now that I am sober. My grandparents lived in a house so close to the railroad tracks the trains shook the house as it passed. I became addicted to watching them then. If you like trains check out Virtual Railfan. They have live cams on YT all over North America including one in Canada. One of them is about ten minutes away from my house. I am sometimes even on that cam because the parking lot is where locals gather to watch trains together. Lately I have been taking our new family dog to let him mingle with strangers.

Old 03-17-2024, 05:41 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Thanks for the video @DeplorableDog . I'll definitely be watching it again.

There used to be a railway line running next to my school. Like your grandparents house, the school shook when a train passed! It was also said the the school sank by about half an inch into the ground each year because of it.The trains were all coal freight trains so once the mines closed in the area in the 1980s the trains ceased. What was once the railway line now forms part of what is known as C2C, a network of cycle routes that runs from "sea to sea" (hence C2C), from the north east coast of England to the north west coast of England. I live on the right hand side (north east coast) of the map... I've never been tempted to cycle any of it, I'd probably collapse! https://cycle.travel/route/c2c
Old 03-17-2024, 05:45 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday all! Grateful to wake up sober today and am enjoying my morning coffee. AV/cravings were definitely present yesterday. I played the tape, did lots of reading here (and elsewhere), distracted myself with a good book and shut the AV down.

Hope you all have a great day. I am committed to staying sober today with all of you today and starting my work week hangover free.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:27 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
The Dog

I left for church and stopped at the convenience store on the way to get a breakfast sandwich and a pop. At the counter ahead of me was an older gentleman counting out change for some gasoline. As I stood there it became obvious he was drunk. The cashier had to count the pile of change because he could not. I thought, "That could have been me a year ago. Counting change out for gas because I spent my money on whiskey last night."
Old 03-17-2024, 06:30 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Love trains, My Ant owned a funeral parlor next to the graveyard and trains passed at the back of the grave yard. I had a pocket full of smashed pennies every visit.

Here's the L.A. Harbor cam.. Good fishing on pier J.
https://www.earthcam.com/usa/califor.../?cam=portofla

Old 03-17-2024, 06:48 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Thanks Least and Mags!
Least I’m happy to hear that your feet are doing better! How has the nausea been!
Pledging for today. It’s day 66.
Old 03-17-2024, 07:17 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I’m glad you enjoyed the wedding Peke. Another arrow in your quiver 🎯

Trains, and boats and planes, watched from the windows of the sober bus. Archers, all.

Least’s callouses, and sore feet improving. It’s been a long walk.

Bach’s little known concerto in A major comes to the Rescue.

We save our money for better things.

St Patrick advises a sober life, disgruntled at the chaos his good name has become attached. He talks with god, and asks for change.

All is well.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:16 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Steely, that is lovely!

Old 03-17-2024, 08:26 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Thank you Leshar,

Reluctant to press ‘send’. So very self conscious.

You helped me. 💜

Old 03-17-2024, 09:13 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Great to see you back Peke. So glad you had a nice time!
So grateful for my sobriety as with the anxiety I've been struggling with, it seems so easy to have a drink, which would make things much worse and my anxiety would be worse. Sometimes I just have to think it through. Down ac!
Hi Zen I always love your posts!
I feel like I have a lot to forgive myself for sometimes. I hope I can get through all of it.
Mags, always so good to see you. Thank you for this thread.
Have a wonderful day all.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:13 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I love Infrastruture, and what it takes to create it. So, thanks for these assorted Webcams. Kewl Stuff.

i took a German Tech Pal up into the Rocky Mountains, because i knew what it was like to be somewhere and 'dumped' in a remote Hotel room. So, I made sure to not do that to my Visitors. Spending a few Weekends out as Tour Guide came back to me in spades because it really cemented Business Relationships. Plus, it was insightful to see through other Eyes what we take for granted in our Culture. One Physics Doctorate Gal who grew up in the former E. Germany excitedly interrogated me at a large Grocery Store; 'Who needs that many Cereal choices'? She did have a point. I got a good laugh out of it,, realizing her choices gowiing up in the former GDR were this Box of Muesli or an iidentical Box next to it.

On this one outing, a massive locomotive was idling on a Wood Trestle over a picturesque Creek. Being s Trainspotter, my Pal about lost it. He lept ouf of my SUV, and started taking pictures. To haul 100 Rail Cars of Coal up and through the Rocky Mountains took several of the largest 9,600 HP G.E. Locomotives of a class not seen in Germany.

Down California Coast Highway 1 by Hearst Castle is this Seal Rookery where these Monstas hang out and jostle for spots on the Beach. Funny Stuff sometimes...

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=31188