Old 03-15-2024, 02:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Tnx for another good one, Mags!

'Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.'

My go-to on this germane topic is the 2nd sentence of thIs quote credited to Maya Angelou. Inverted, I interpret it like this: If I knew or know better and still do stupid schitte, then i'm prone to beating up on myself. That said, the pure, unaddicted Heart fears nothing if something is done from pure intent. It's a bit too much of a Codie Mindset to sweat what others think, cuz I just can't live that way anymore. When I now do better [while efforllessly Sober], Folks notice and in my Universe, action beats words any day. As with every trip these Days, I do something good each Day *just because*. Give a lost Soul some directions or some recon on what a drive through Colorado is like in dicey weather. Or, even picking up some random Litter. I've always believed in doing good things as if no one is watching, and that's even more important to me now in Sobriety. I can't necessarily make it good with each individual, but I can make it good with The Universe.

'Happy' ~ Pharrell Williams