Old 03-15-2024, 10:26 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
424~~ALive

Popping in if that's ok I've been reading along.

Peke I am so proud of you for staying so strong while on this wedding and vacation! Each time you post that you are doing fine and having fun, I am so happy to read that you're staying so strong and protecting your quit while on your trip. Happy Birthday too!

Leshar I was reading about your feelings of flat and depression and Peke too mentioned. Thank you @Offthemast for posting about the PAWS thread in the alcoholism section. I went over, lots to read in all the part(s). I was reading some of the posts, because I've mentioned how I've been feeling different this past week and when reading parts of the thread someone mentioned that they were having blood pressure spikes and palpatations and my eyes popped open because earlier today I called my doctor and she will see me Monday morning because since quitting my BP has come down nicely but lately it's spiking up, yesterday and today I was hitting 160/89 and I can feel it and funny heartbeat. I am so happy I got the Dr appointment for Monday morning, but it has me wondering about the PAWS thing. I am wondering if it is related. There was even a post in that thread about someone mentioning that they were overly checking if they locked the front door over and over, and it is so strange that I posted that myself in my journal thread that I started doing that, and it was strange of me. Maybe I am just losing my mind, ha ha. But if it's all true about how our drinking can lead to something like PAWS and to feel this way, I can guarantee I'll never go back to drinking, this is some scary stuff.