Sunshine after the storm ~ Weekenders 25 - 28 February 2022

Old 02-27-2022, 09:05 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

Hope everyone had a good sober weekend.
Old 02-27-2022, 09:05 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

End of Day 106 - today was a cool day. Went for a walk in the rain. Spent time with kids. Hope everyone has a great sober day ahead.

Good night from Seattle!
Old 02-27-2022, 10:09 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Being a creature of habitual habits I still watch Coronation Street, not only the current day version but also the reruns from 20 odd years ago. Some of the same actors are in both so it is interesting to see how young/old they look. Jack and Vera were great.

Dallas, not so much being as it was less relatable.

Anyone remember Crossroads Motel?

I went walking yesterday but having gone 3 or so miles I had to turn back feeling unwell. Then to add to it Alfie started limping again so needed a carry, poor boy. I did a covid test when I got home which was negative but have had an awful headache and general feeling of malaise for the last few days.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:16 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Corrie was one of the only things we had on forces TV so when I was a nipper and living abroad as my dad was in the army at least something in English. Still watch it today! Used to do Dallas with my nana in the summer when I would come back to England for the summer holidays. Fond memories of both.

I remember Crossroads Kaily!! Benny and his “Miss Diane” haha.

Yesterday was a stunner of a day with crystal clear blue skies and just beautiful. I called my mum and we did a last minute booking to get Sunday lunch out which was yummy! I knew I needed to get out of the house as whilst I am not thinking thoughts I have an underlying anxiety that won’t go away. Driving back from the lovely meal I was listening to a song that makes me happy in awe of the beautiful day and burst into tears.

Hope your feeling better this morning Kaily and little Alfie’s feeling better too xx

Have a lovely sober day everyone xx
Old 02-27-2022, 11:35 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Magsie

Pleased you had lunch with your mum, MantaLady. It does help getting out for a while.

Kaily that’s a grand Boulder Alfie and Daisy are on. I hope you’re feeling better soon and it isn’t covid. (Hope Alfie’s ok too. (Did you see we’re gonna have to pay for home lateral flow tests soon)

I watched Crossroads. Gosh that was yonks ago. Feels like it anyway. If I remember, the walls used move.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:12 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Good morning Weekenders

I hopeyou feel better soon Kaily. You might just have a seasonal bug. Hope Alfie's limp clears soon too.

I used to watch Crossroads in the late 70s and the very early 80s. The scenery definitely did wobble and the acting was wooden but I did enjoy watching it. If you recall, Paul McCartney did a special, slow, version of the theme tune which would be played at the end of the programme if something dramatic had happened. The programme did make a comeback in 2001 but only ran for a couple of years and wasn't a success.

It's not a particularly nice day today. It's been raining overnight, it's cold outside and there's more rain on the way. I don't think I'll be going for a long walk today.

Hope everyone has a good, sober, day.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:37 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone

Manta your emotions are bound to be all over the place, I'm not surprised you cried. Glad you have your Mum for support.x

Old 02-28-2022, 01:39 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Manta I’m also glad you have your Mum for support ❤️

Kaily I hope you’re feeling better soon and Alfie too ❤️
Old 02-28-2022, 01:39 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

my reaction if asked to watch soapies.Classic Dr. Smith scream. Season One Lost In Space! - Bing video

Text chatted with both my sons today.....happy.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:48 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

(((Manta))) glad you got out. Thinking of you.
Kaily I hope you feel better soon.
I have never heard of Coronation St. I guess because I am American and have only been to England once.

I am on the train on my way to Florida to visit my mother again. We have a "Roomette" in the sleeper car. I slept a little but my Fitbit says I did not sleep at all and I took 2500 steps overnight. I guess the motion of the train fooled my Fitbit.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:43 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Kaily, I hope you feel better soon. That is an impressive beautiful boulder! Hope Alfie rests up and feels better soon too.
Yes, I remember Crossroads. I can still hear the theme music. Such hammy acting!
I guess Lost in Space was very hammy too, but I loved Dr. Smith!
Old 02-28-2022, 09:47 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Happy Mondays Weekenders!

I'm glad you got out to see your mum Manta.

Sending positive vibes to you and Alfie too Kaily

I shook the carton of milk at work today only to discover that someone had not screwed the lid on properly resulting in milk going everywhere including myself. I was not best pleased. Oh the pain, the PAIN!
Old 02-28-2022, 11:19 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Oh Saou, that's not fun, but thanks for the chuckle and the Dr. Smith visual! I hope at least the milk wasn't off!

CBS, I've always wanted to experience a sleeper on a train. I hope your roomette was comfortable. Some years ago, I'd planned to travel from London to Scotland on the overnight train, but I had to cancel as I became ill. I've never been to Scotland. I'd still love to visit.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:54 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Oh Sao :

Feeling much better today, thanks everyone. Alfie has been tearing about with a ball after his painkillers .

Leshar I would love to travel on the train from London to Scotland then travel on some scenic railways and see the sights.
Some great sounding journeys here
https://www.visitbritain.com/gb/en/t...cotland-train#
Old 02-28-2022, 01:32 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I Dream of Jeanie never seemed the same after Dallas became popular.

Sao, it seems to be a generational thing here with young people often not tightening container lids.

Mantalady, I hope you are having a good day.
Old 02-28-2022, 03:11 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Kaily, I'm glad both you and Alfie are feeling better.
Thanks so much for the link. Wouldn't it be lovely to travel first class!
MantaLady, hope you're doing ok today.
Old 02-28-2022, 05:35 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Communist me, I've never seen a Harry Potter Film. We'd pulled over a Hire Car by the West Highland Line in Scotland, and I saw all these Trainspotters with major Cameras on Tripods. So, I grabbed my setup and snapped some decent Pix of the Steam Train used in the HP Film coming around a Hill. Moreso on Biz Trips than on Touristy visits, I loved traveling First Class Trains. Tickets are half price here in the U.S. when bought in advance. Such a great way to view Scenery, and meet interesting Folks.

Early on in Biz Travel, Partners overseas all thought we lived as shown on Dallas. So, my side-job was to dispel such notions about huge Houses, Gun violence everywhere, and extra-marital affairs. OK, well, clearing up two outta three U.S. Stereotypes ain't bad!

Sunset a few Minutes ago...

Old 02-28-2022, 06:55 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Oh my word, what a stunning sunset and view!
Old 02-28-2022, 07:56 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Magsie

Beautiful pic MesaMan.

Oh Saou, spilt milk! Hope you didn’t shed a tear.

Kaily, pleased you and Alfie are feeling better.

MantaLady, thinking of you today at your appointment. Sending up prayers xx
Old 02-28-2022, 07:56 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've seen all the HP movies, and read all the books, except for the last book/movie. I loved the steam train in the movies.

MM, gorgeous picture. Where's the required picture of MesaPup? You know we never tire of looking at his pics.

I'm curious as to what the title/subject of the next weekenders will be.