Notices

Sunshine after the storm ~ Weekenders 25 - 28 February 2022

Old 02-26-2022, 06:39 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Coronation Street..........

groan - Bing video

Old 02-26-2022, 06:51 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

mind you, better than the news...my little community is a bit soapie....I am in a horse shoe organised group of single story units with a large, gardened courtyard, each unit grows garden outside their unit. Mine was a dustbowl front and back. Priority having plants...mine were all rescued from being thrown away by others... ferns, hollyhocks, lavender, rosemary, creepers, spider lants, boston ferns..all the hardy sorts...I am not agreen thumb, but I get pleasure from my doings.
my neighbours are older, quiet...mostly female....with a mixture of countries of origin. Little dramas play out.

I've just finished watching a lovely film, 'Aloys', about 2 lonely people who connect by phone calls. Simple story of 2 people finding a friend.
Old 02-26-2022, 07:42 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I used to have a garden, when the girls were young. All kinds of flowers, perennials and annuals both. But since I've not kept it up, the invasive trees have sprung up in it and you can't even see the flowers in the summer time.

Billie was looking at the door so I took her out. She did a LW in no time. I've noticed white hairs creeping into her muzzle where there never were white hairs before. She's 8 now and fully into adulthood, now heading for senior-hood. I looked at a picture taken the day I brought her home, and no white hairs on her upper lip.

Chic, Lily is in here visiting.
Old 02-27-2022, 12:05 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

End of Day 105 - Ran 5.2 miles and wrapped up a good movie.

Good night from rainy Seattle!!!
Old 02-27-2022, 12:43 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Morning all!

I used to watch Coronation Street many years ago but gave up on it about 20 years ago. One of the TV channels shows old episodes each day during the week, it is currently up to the episodes shown in 2000. I sometimes glance at it and have noticed that I'm starting to not recognise some of the "newer" members of the cast so it must be about then that I stopped watching.

PJ, your garden sounds lovely. I'm not green fingered at all and have never attempted to grow anything. I've got a little garden at the back of my house. All I do is keep the grass cut, that's the extent of my gardening skills!

calmself, congartulations on 105 days, which is exactly 15 weeks! 5.2 miles is a good run, how long did it take you?

It's another lovely sunny (but cold) day here. More washing in the machine and once that is done I'm off for another long walk. Gotta make the most of the sunny weather, there's rain forecast tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 02-27-2022, 07:53 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello Everybody...

Popping in to say hi to the weekenders new and old. Life is good in vmans land. I did alot of walking this morning and am caput now. Mags i like your thread title and very fitting OP.

Manta i was saddened to read your post and am sending my support to you. Fingers crossed.

Well i hope everyone is mozying along nicely and threading your way through soberlife...

Vinny
Old 02-27-2022, 08:05 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi Robbie, It took me 57 minutes. My dream is 6 in an hour. Also my heartbeat was 180+ most of the time!
Old 02-27-2022, 08:11 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Coronation Street..........

groan - Bing video
Hi PJ, that was pretty much my husband's attitude! He couldn't stand it. I stopped watching when he was really sick and couldn't tolerate any tv, or noise.
Your garden sounds lovely and even more special because your plants would have been thrown out!
Old 02-27-2022, 08:40 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

PJ and Leshar, LOL. So funny. I've never seen the show, but I have some I feel that way about. I wish they had better TV sometimes.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:46 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I took a hike with my daughter yesterday and we found an old house or hunting lodge in the woods. It had two chimneys and now there are trees growing in what used to be the house.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:23 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

CBS, that is a great picture!
Grateful for a nice day.
I love the spring here, I just wish, it lasted longer.
Have a great day all!
Old 02-27-2022, 01:54 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's an interesting pic CBS, it must have been abandoned a very long time ago judging by the size of the trees.

I have never got in to soaps - except for Dallas because a girl I was going out with used to watch it
Old 02-27-2022, 02:19 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Sao, considering that Coronation St is the longest-running soap on the planet, you have done very well to have avoided it....

(Just some useless info about me: my Scottish mum despised a lot of British comedy and all of their soaps, so I have never seen it either. Just getting to watch The Bill was a triumph in my house....my dad and I had to fight for our rights ).
Old 02-27-2022, 02:51 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
That's an interesting pic CBS, it must have been abandoned a very long time ago judging by the size of the trees.

I have never got in to soaps - except for Dallas because a girl I was going out with used to watch it
Re Dallas, I couldn't believe back in the day that the whole " who shot J.R." story line made it onto primetime television news programs! Ridiculous! At least Coronation Street seemed like a slice of real life.

Anyone having a problem posting on laptop or desktop? Tried to post on my laptop but cursor doesn't show up in box. Can't type well on phone.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:55 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Leshar, I'm posting on my laptop without any problems. I can see the cursor.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:13 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Re Dallas, I couldn't believe back in the day that the whole " who shot J.R." story line made it onto primetime television news programs! Ridiculous! At least Coronation Street seemed like a slice of real life.

Anyone having a problem posting on laptop or desktop? Tried to post on my laptop but cursor doesn't show up in box. Can't type well on phone.
You haven't missed much with Corrie
my laptop seems fine too Leshar. Maybe its time for the time honoured turning it off and on again?
Old 02-27-2022, 03:23 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

It happens to me sometimes Leshar....I refresh the site. If that doesn't work, I close the site and reopen it and voila!

....also, I thought that maybe the site was telling me to stop talking.....
Old 02-27-2022, 03:49 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I watched Dallas pretty faithfully back in the day...

Billie is whining in the doorway, time to feed her and take her out. I can read her signals.
Old 02-27-2022, 04:49 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Smile

Tee hee guys! Thanks, Dee, done and all back to normal!
Old 02-27-2022, 05:21 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That's one of the first things my ex told me when he installed my first computer - if it screws up, restart it and see if that fixes it. Same thing with my phone. And that usually fixes it.