Notices

StayCation Weekend - Weekenders 27- 30 March 2020

Old 03-28-2020, 10:32 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

For those that can't get out to walk, a virtual horse ride.

Old 03-28-2020, 10:34 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Great minds Mags
Old 03-28-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks kaily, iI love horses and I loved your photos too.❤️..please give us more!
Old 03-28-2020, 10:43 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Kaily, thank you. Simply fantastic!
Old 03-28-2020, 10:58 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

ahhhhh.

Idaho is the next state to the east from Washington. Similar terrain to Eastern WA.

Thanks for that horseback ride, Kaily. That was fantastic.

I can just hear Sao, "I don't get it."
Old 03-28-2020, 11:10 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Mr

That virtual horse ride was fantabulous. It got a bit windy there near the end so I stuck on my hat and scarf.

I feel like I've been on holiday.

Thanks for your replies.

Had a good day today. Day 9 I think in the bag. I'm a day or 2 behind you Manta. I hope you are doing OK too.

This evening my daughter is putting on her apron and chefs hat to show me how to make chocolate mousse (mousse au chocolat)
She has done it a few times with mrs vman so she is very proud to be teaching me.

How did it go in the shops Sao ?
Old 03-28-2020, 11:14 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Mr

Just realised it's only saturday and we are coming up on 10 pages already.
Covid wont stop us 🐸
Old 03-28-2020, 11:19 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

In a few weeks time we might progress to showjumping!
Old 03-28-2020, 11:41 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Just realised it's only saturday and we are coming up on 10 pages already.
Covid wont stop us ��
We used to regularly roll this thread a couple times per week a few years back; so 500-1000+ posts in a week?

If everyone checks in with little stories about their day it really helps me feel connected to the outside world and to all of you friends...

I just finished with all the breakfast chores for myself and Miss Kitty. Egg McMuffin made with ham and sharp cheddar and stone ground mustard on a multigrain muffin, and roasted potato wedges tossed in olive oil and spices. Of course coffee, some of that yummy organic milk and homemade chocolate syrup in that. I'm out of oranges...maybe a smoothie in a bit for some Vit C.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:46 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
You will get to enjoy the sunshine while you are outside the supermarket queuing!

I queued for an hour on Thursday despite getting there early.
No queues surprisingly. We do not have the big supermarkets they have everywhere else - no car parks so people only buy what they can carry.

All good in the shops VMan, the shortages have eased a bit.

I do know what a horse is bim!
(it's a very large dog obviously)
Old 03-28-2020, 12:07 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Loved that horse-ride, Kaily - very refreshing - thank you
Old 03-28-2020, 12:34 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I do know what a horse is bim!
..but have you ever ridden one down a dusty gravel road at sunset? Or would that even be on your top 100 things to do?

Love the city and the country, but I would choose the country.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:35 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I am not sure if I should post here or on the COVID-19 thread but I hope everyone is ok.

Some people here might remeber me, others do not know me.

I work at a hospital in adminstration in an open plan office with 11 others. Our manger split us into two groups, so we could work at different times (3 12 hour days and 4 days off), This week was a trial run. So I worked Monday (regular hours she had not told us of the plan at that time) then off Tuesday and Wednesday, then working Thursday - Saturday 7 AM - 7 PM, And now I am absolutely shattered,

But at least I am off now until Thursday. Ireland is on lockdown now but I have to go to work as usual (although different hours/days).

Anyway I hope you are all keeping well and I hope that it's ok that I came back.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Mr

Nice to hear from you Tetra.
Hope you are well

Anyone from the cleaners to the docs and consultants in the health service deserve massive recognition and respect right now.

I was thinking of you recently because I saw that Joe lycett video you posted a few years back and it still brings tears to your eyes.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Yes Vman, Day 10 for me and grateful for it. I’ve not got beyond 10 days so far this year and determined to keep going. I felt every word you wrote Vinny, I also got fooled by the couple of drinks here and there where I stopped fine and before I got hammered, would have a few occasions like that and then the blackout binge would follow. It always follows, but convinced myself this time I had it and it would be different but it never is is it?!?

Today I have been really really bored, the weather has turned super cold and windy so didn’t fancy going for a walk. Fell asleep on the sofa this aft which was nice but will probably mean I won’t be able to sleep tonight.

Loving all the pics today and love seeing little Alfie out on his walks. Speaking of furbaby pictures...where is my daily dose of Petey! x
Old 03-28-2020, 01:14 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great to see you Tetra and like Vman says, huge respect and love for everything you are doing at work keeping us all safe xx
Old 03-28-2020, 01:35 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Tetra! Great to see you! Thank you for being part of the front line in the fight against COVID; thank you for all you do.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
saoutchik

[We used to regularly roll this thread a couple times per week a few years back; so 500-1000+ posts in a week?]

I remember that too. I think the record was 1258 post in a week - the second half of part three. I think many of those posts concerned the great Coriander/Cilantro debate.

You're right of course bim, shameful for an Englishman to say so but I cannot ride a horse.

Hey! Good to see you Tetra, I hope you are well apart from being overworked. I salute you and anyone else in the medical/healthcare sector at this difficult time.

Thanks for the Joe Lycett vids Vinny. In an earlier pre social media era a co-worker and myself had a competition to see who could get the rudest message on a Easter Egg from Thorntons. My co-worker won with a message WAY ruder than the ones in the vid, I was shocked (and I am not easily shocked.)
Old 03-28-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Howdy Tetra! Glad you are back and thank you for working so hard on the front lines.

Horses were my thing for about 25 years--Loved the "ride" Kaily and it kinda made me long for those days again. But I don't miss the hard work and money.

I've got one really really really spotted old mare left in my pasture. She's one good reason I still have the farm. She is not for riding any more, but she's a lovely pasture ornament
Old 03-28-2020, 03:46 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I love your photos Kaily, keep them coming

Hi Tetra

Vinny, thanks for sharing your relapse experience, it’s really helpful to read about other’s struggles and know we’re not alone in our struggle to stay sober
We’re all in this together

It’s Sunday morning here and I’m starting out on day 28 today.
My last relapse took me to a really really bad place in my head. The worst ever. I fell deep into the rabbit hole and was in utter despair. I didn’t care if I lived or died. In fact the latter seemed preferable. Everything seemed futile and pointless.

But I’m back again and getting more positive by the day. Thanks to SR and everyone’s posts and support (Dee and Suze especially were amazingly insightful and helped me find some hope). I don’t ever want to go to that dark place again. I used to use alcohol as the antidote, but I know now that the depression and anxiety is actually alcohol induced. The AV still talks to me, tries to talk me into drinking. I don’t know if it will ever go away completely. I really wish it would, but I suspect I just have to keep fighting it off and pushing it away. Hopefully it will call on me less frequently with time. But for now, it’s one day at a time, and sometimes one hour at a time.

Today is a good day to be sober.
And to watch the chickens cluck around the garden, play with Petey kitten, do some home exercise, cook something delicious, and perhaps do some housework (the last one being more of necessity than pleasure lol)

Happy Sunday weekenders