Notices

StayCation Weekend - Weekenders 27- 30 March 2020

Old 03-28-2020, 07:54 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Magsie

Vinny, good and candid post. I know alcohol turned me into a terrible version of myself. I’m pleased you stopped.

Leigh, yes of course you can join me, I’ll get a bigger car so we can allow for the 6 ft gap between us,

Dragon enjoy your time in Rio!

Mr. Mags every day asks me ‘what we doing today, where do you want me to take you for lunch?’ Followed by a laugh out loud and ‘oh we can’t go out!’ It seems to amuse him.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:55 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hey Vinny, I could really identify with your post. I remember a neighbour had to pull me out of a ditch with his tractor just about 300 yards down from my house a good few years ago now. I was drinking at home, ran out of cans, drove the 4 miles to my local village, played a few games of pool with the lads in the pub and drove home (all this by about 5:00 pm and about 14 pints/cans later) Took my eyes off the road and bam! car into a ditch/drain at a 45 degree angle!

Myself and a friend repaired the car in a hay shed over the next week. (when we weren't disappearing to go drinking for hours at a time) Cost me about €4,000 of my own money. And that's only one of my tales......

Time to get the head down, Vinny. You have too much to lose, I think you know this now, I had to go through the same thing too. Good luck. PM me anytime
Old 03-28-2020, 08:11 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Mags...

How are you virtually visiting all these places? Is it just Google maps? Or street cams? Both?
Old 03-28-2020, 08:15 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Vinny I found your post so moving. The nice guy turns bad. I truly understand and you described it so well, been there myself far too many times. Once I hit my head so hard on the corner of a radiator that I had a black eye for a month.

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:37 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Old 03-28-2020, 08:53 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys.
I was starting to feel as if I've gone mad.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:57 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Vman; I very much respect the brutal honesty in your post. I am absolutely certain that you can achieve permanent sobriety; allow it to seep into your core It is truly magical when that happens. Please use us as a greater part of your support system. Tell us when those triggers arise.

Your daughter is still young. It won’t be much longer until she understands. I was close to her age when I understood what was going on with my father. When (not too very far from now; time passes quickly) she is presented with an offer to drink, she may think it is okay as you do so. She may think that drinking to excess is okay too. Those offers and opportunities will be here soon enough.

I can say firsthand that witnessing the disease manifest itself in a child is a pain like no other.

Make this sobriety thing happen, my friend. Spare yourself that pain.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:00 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

(((Lunar))) ❤️
Old 03-28-2020, 09:05 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

(((Lunar))). Please stay close. Talk to us.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:07 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Very well put Leigh I agree. Vinny has had his last drink.

Yeah Lunar I feel a bit crazy today, its getting to me now. Not spoken to anyone for days. I want out of this sci fi now.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:12 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I met this little fella on my walk today.

And of course we can't forget Alfie.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:17 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Your photos are fantastic, Kailey.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:22 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Thank you Leigh. I love taking and posting them, makes me feel less alone. I don't do facebook or anything like that. Keep thinking I might be boring people.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:23 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Never.
I love them too. s xx

I also don't do social media love....here with you every step. s ❤️
Old 03-28-2020, 09:41 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Kaily, more pictures, not fewer. That horse is awesome.

I haven't been out for a couple days other than the fire alarm sending me out yesterday. I didn't set it off! But it was an opportunity to go outside...along with the 100 or so other residents who are also on lockdown.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:00 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Bim you've gotta keep walking otherwise you will get cabin fever. You are still allowed I take it?
Old 03-28-2020, 10:05 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Bim you've gotta keep walking otherwise you will get cabin fever. You are still allowed I take it?
Yeah we're allowed. It's just that I live in a densely populated area ...then when I get home all the clothes have to go in the hamper and I have to take a shower. No matter how careful I am I still cross paths with a few people every time I go out. They are exercising and breathing heavily, and I am in the epicenter of the Washington outbreak.

1828 in my county testing positive, about 38,000 tests total, and we haven't done all that much testing. Two million people in my county, 125 deaths, in two weeks. The course of the illness suggests that it takes about three weeks to become life-threatening, so we haven't hit the hard part yet, where it becomes evident how many serious cases there will be in this outbreak. Most of the cases/deaths are within 10 miles of me.

I've been doing inside exercise and then going out in the yard or on my balcony. Since I live on a river and a regional bike/walk paved trail I can watch people and wildlife.

Several people have come past in boats (kayaks) today. A few bikes and a few runners and walkers. I may go out today, but it is also nice to stay in and have a completely "safe" stress free day.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:11 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Can I just say...

OMG. This organic milk and yogurt I bought at the farmers market is freakin' delicious. That's my, "One Good Thing For The Day Courtesy Of COVID 19."
Old 03-28-2020, 10:22 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You are a big man for posting that Vinny. Addiction to booze is a horrible thing that makes fools of us but I know you will not let it beat you. You have the right stuff.

Good to see you too Lunar. Hang in there

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Wow Sao, it doesn’t look 4 degrees with that lovely clear sky, I would have guessed about 18....
Ya! If there were any people in that photo they would be wearing heavy coats, hats and gloves and it wouldn't look so balmy but it is eerily devoid of people. It clouded up sometime afterwards but is sunny again now. Still cold and windy though.

Neat pics Kaily. You are lucky to live near such nice countryside.

The attractions of Saoutchik Towers are beginning to wane and it is only a few days in to what might be a lengthy lockdown. I need a plan.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:29 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Magsie

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Mags...

How are you virtually visiting all these places? Is it just Google maps? Or street cams? Both?
Bim, I’m going on YouTube. Under Virtual runs on the beach, etc.