Old 03-28-2020, 03:46 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Willow00

I love your photos Kaily, keep them coming

Hi Tetra

Vinny, thanks for sharing your relapse experience, it’s really helpful to read about other’s struggles and know we’re not alone in our struggle to stay sober
We’re all in this together

It’s Sunday morning here and I’m starting out on day 28 today.
My last relapse took me to a really really bad place in my head. The worst ever. I fell deep into the rabbit hole and was in utter despair. I didn’t care if I lived or died. In fact the latter seemed preferable. Everything seemed futile and pointless.

But I’m back again and getting more positive by the day. Thanks to SR and everyone’s posts and support (Dee and Suze especially were amazingly insightful and helped me find some hope). I don’t ever want to go to that dark place again. I used to use alcohol as the antidote, but I know now that the depression and anxiety is actually alcohol induced. The AV still talks to me, tries to talk me into drinking. I don’t know if it will ever go away completely. I really wish it would, but I suspect I just have to keep fighting it off and pushing it away. Hopefully it will call on me less frequently with time. But for now, it’s one day at a time, and sometimes one hour at a time.

Today is a good day to be sober.
And to watch the chickens cluck around the garden, play with Petey kitten, do some home exercise, cook something delicious, and perhaps do some housework (the last one being more of necessity than pleasure lol)

Happy Sunday weekenders