Notices

StayCation Weekend - Weekenders 27- 30 March 2020

Old 03-27-2020, 06:48 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
each one of those early deaths started with 'just one drink'.
Its just not worth it. D
This. It's the first drink that does the damage. If you don't have the first one, then you can't have the tenth, fifteenth, etc.

No one knows how far down the rabbit hole the first drink will take you....
Old 03-27-2020, 06:54 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Mr

Really just bloody fantastic posts.
What a great bunch of girls and guys.
Nice to see you Forwards checking in.
Peace I enjoyed the first two seasons of ozark so cool.
JR, Kavanagh's Tarry Flynn is my favorite book of all time. I do suppose that it's not an easy read for the english english or the american english with some pretty odd irish english dialect and colloquialism. It's like alot of ishiguro's work just read and re-read...

Mags How's the lockdown going, Mr Mags isn't buiried out in the back garden... ? ��

Recovery here we come... ✌️
Old 03-27-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Got up early, got a weeks supplies of food and everything I needed so all good and very relieved! The berry plant shakes are nice, the chocolate ones...not so much lol x
Old 03-27-2020, 07:02 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

It's not a pleasant discussion, but it's the reality of it. I had a good friend who died in his 50s from liver problems that were likely the result of drinking. Another good friend lost his dad recently to health issues resulting from drinking.

It's the path I was on. I knew the risk but didn't care. Still it would be so easy to fall back in regardless of the likelihood of health problems.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:07 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Mr

Oh Yes I knew I was forgetting something, Reid last summer with the family we went caravaning and spent a week in Banna Beach. The highlight of the trip was the connor pass. Wow.

Weatherwise I suppose you could say it didnt rain everyday 😁

Holà CityBoy
Old 03-27-2020, 08:10 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reid82 View Post
Thanks saoutchik, my pics always end up sideways!!

It's a Ferrari, Schumacher's from the mid 00's, probably 2004 I think! I was meant to be going to the Spanish Grand Prix in May so it's obviously cancelled now!
So - pictures from iPhone posting sideways, There Is A Solution!

Mine did that too and it was annoying till I had that A-ha moment.

Do a Google search, there are How-To videos depending on the version of phone and IOS. In my case I have to use the side button (the down-volume button) to click the image, not the onscreen button, AND I have to rotate the phone 90 degrees to the left when taking pictures I want to email or post.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:11 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I had a terrible night last night - I was tired but every time I closed my eyes my mind started to race. I think I am spending far too much time reading up on the pandemic, and I need to step away. I'm not particularly afraid for myself, because I'm doing all the right things to protect myself (and my kid) but the weight of what this is doing to the whole world is getting to me. So many people ill, losing jobs, the economy, the toll on healthcare workers, etc. It's all so much. I guess it's good that I care, I just need to figure out a way to care without going nuts.

Today I will continue on with "project dumpster." It's a little over half full now. I'm taking most off the day off from work so that I can take advantage of decent weather here again today. I'll be working in the garage today because it's supposed to be fairly warm and a bit sunny. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain most of the day. I can still work on organizing inside the house, making trips to the dumpster when necessary. Then either tomorrow or Sunday my daughter will come over to sort through the pile of boxes that are hers to figure out what to take to her house, what to donate, what to toss. I'll be staying away from her while she does that. So I have a busy weekend ahead.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:29 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Oddly appropriate. Appropriately odd.

"Nobody told me there'd be days like these
Nobody told me there'd be days like these
Nobody told me there'd be days like these
Strange days indeed-most peculiar, mama"

~ John Lennon

Old 03-27-2020, 08:45 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Oh Yes I knew I was forgetting something, Reid last summer with the family we went caravaning and spent a week in Banna Beach. The highlight of the trip was the connor pass. Wow.

Weatherwise I suppose you could say it didnt rain everyday 😁

Holà CityBoy

Many the days and weeks I spent in Banna during my childhood. I went back there last Summer for the first time in years. Banna beach is only about 40 minutes from me, I probably should go back more. I find the place great. And yes as we're close to the Atlantic Ocean, it does rain....a lot!
Old 03-27-2020, 08:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
So - pictures from iPhone posting sideways, There Is A Solution!

Mine did that too and it was annoying till I had that A-ha moment.

Do a Google search, there are How-To videos depending on the version of phone and IOS. In my case I have to use the side button (the down-volume button) to click the image, not the onscreen button, AND I have to rotate the phone 90 degrees to the left when taking pictures I want to email or post.

I'm actually on a Samsung S10 phone, probably something easy to fix with the sideways pics anyway
Old 03-27-2020, 08:49 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Okay.

I've lost seven pounds due to stress.

I don't really have seven pounds to lose, so it was two pieces of toast with extra butter, a chili omelet with extra cheese and a very large potato for breakfast! Yum!

Problem now is I won't be hungry for the rest of the day...
Old 03-27-2020, 08:56 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm working from home and keeping our local municipality moving along as best and as safely as we can and at the same I'm on Day #3 of tapering off alcohol (not drinking on the job!). I'm doing this safely I assure everyone. So my StayCation officially starts at 430PM EST.

For my StayCation weekend, I want to keep confident and remember why I'm doing this and my enjoy time with my family. I've read on a credible government health site that without a stop drinking date when tapering it's likely to fail so I'm also going to choose a date.

We have a competitive dancer that needs space to practice so I'll be cleaning up the basement (and doing a toys purge without them really noticing). Hopefully, she can practice without breaking anything of value :S

I also should continue to eat better and maybe go for walk
Old 03-27-2020, 08:56 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I've found them $$#@%^%(.it.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:42 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

The hospital was remarkably quiet, I was asked if I had a cough or a fever by a bored young man at the door, allowed in and was out again in 5 minutes.

I keep comfort eating after being so good for the last 6 months. Just bought a cheesecake and liquorice allsorts. Can't stop myself, ridiculous addictive behaviour which could potentially lead me back to drinking.

Walked through a field of shire horses on my walk today.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Fickle Friday, Friends ~

Fickle, because we're all just rollin' with this New [Ab]Normal, eh?

I'm away soon to pick up our P.O. Box Mail. Mail back a couple of Clothing Returns. Power Shop for Food Perishables, and sundry items to allow MesaMate to whip up some creative Recipes she's had her Eye on. I also shop for a Pal with 'Childhood' Diabetes Type 1 that degrades his Vision. With his occasional Immune System battles, he doesn't need the Health aggravation of Clueless Cootie Comrades out & about here in Redneck Nation. Besides now wearing my tres chic Face Bandana to prevent autonomic Face touching, and Disposable Gloves while in Public, I'll be conforming to my new Personal Regimen while humming the Song linked below:

~ Practice Safe 6' ~

Or, if someone edges up in queues in Metric regions, turn around and remind them:

~ 2 Metres, Peter ~

'Tis just another Weekend for me where Drinking is simply not an option, and I'm mighty glad that Cosmic Universal Forces involuntarily kicked me this direction. Sobriety makes Crisis Coping - while making sound decisions - much easier. Below is Hope Through Sunrise...

~ Don't Stand So Close To Me ~ Sting ~ Live ~

Old 03-27-2020, 09:54 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

in!

Old 03-27-2020, 10:01 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Welcome to the weekenders dig12! x
Old 03-27-2020, 10:30 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Mags1;7412155]Morning Weekenders

Wow.
Just wow.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks, all, for your great posts.

PJ - 4 years!!! Very well done! I am very happy for you!

A neighbor is making masks for the local hospital. She has been able to make hundreds. She put out a plea to our neighbors for twisting ties to use as the nose clip. I had a box of 100 3M N95 masks (outdated but unused, visibly clean and crisp) that I gave to her to take to the hospital when drops off the ones she is making. I had called our local hospital earlier in the month and was advised that they were not taking out of date masks but are now doing so. It feels good to have made at least a small contribution in fighting this disease.

Going to make a tuna noodle casserole today - comfort food.

I spoke with my friend’s husband; they both had the flu in February but she was not getting any better after 3 weeks so they went to the local ER; she was diagnosed with pneumonia, admitted to the ICU. After a few days of not responding to treatment, she was lifted to aJohn Hospital I. Baltimore. The docs there suspected that she was suffering from an auto-immune response triggered by the flu and treated her with immunoglobulin to no avail. It was later determined that she suffered from an extremely rare auto-immune disease MDA5.

Neither her or my other friend’s memorial service will take place for months due to COVID.

What a time we are in.

Please stay safe and well, all.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:59 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

So your friend in hospital died love? The one who was rallying? s

I am making the same dinner.....how amazing is that....I use Australian tomato soup, tuna, herbs, penne and shredded cheddar.