Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 1

Old 11-01-2019, 11:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Here in Greece we pick up are own results from the lab , and we then take it to our doctor. So only I have seen it so far
I'm scared stiff .
Old 11-01-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ok, I see honey. s

Well.....I know that feeling......really....I have a bone tumor in my finger and it is the third one.....it got very scary for me a few years ago, but I am OK and still have 10 fingers.

Nothing is worse than the fear....you can deal with anything if you know what you are facing.....and the growing fear is just crazy hard.....livers can heal. So many of us had terrible liver enzymes.....I would love it if you call tomorrow.....and we will be with you every single step. s xxxxx
Old 11-01-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Strawberry I am sorry you are scared. But the body and liver bounce back from a lot. Getting to the Dr and getting the ball rolling on getting better will be a good thing. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep posting and let us help you through it all.
I'm sorry you drank, but you are doing awsome right back here getting back on track. ❤
Old 11-01-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

take it to the Dr Strawberry - I've terrified myself trying to self- interpret results, only for my Doctor to tell me the results were pretty good.

the likelihood is those 5 and a half months did you the world of good

Welcome to you and everyone

D
Old 11-01-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm here. Class of November. I managed not to drink yesterday, but I had two beers this afternoon. I was at a mandatory work event and my coworkers were drinking. It's not an excuse, but I realize now that I was not strong enough yet to deal with that setting. I'm back and I'm not drinking now and tomorrow will be day 1 again.

My boyfriend has a friend visiting this weekend. I had agreed to go out with them tomorrow night, but after what happened today, I realize now that I'm really going to have to see what their plan is. I was sober the first time I met this friend of his (back in July), so this guy does already think of me as a nondrinker and won't think it's weird if I don't drink. But if they are planning to meet up with other friends, hit the bars etc... I might not be able to go. I think/hope my boyfriend would understand if that is the case. i'm just going to have to play it by ear and see what their plan is. and I'm going to have to have a talk with the bf about my decision to try this again.

I have poured out the one open bottle of wine I had in my fridge. I have another unopened one and some cans of beer that I still need to pour out. I also have some older, valuable wines that need to be returned to my ex H -- they are too expensive to be dumped. But I know myself well enough to know I wouldn't drink one of those just because I had a random craving. I do think I should probably get them out of my house sooner than later though.

I will keep checking in.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just keep honouring yourself love....you know how much you want this, yet life has some challenges....it's hard to be around alcohol when you are trying to avoid it, and difficult to navigate a social life at this stage. s
Do whatever you need to do for you. s ❤️
Old 11-01-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello Class of November...

Strawberry, I hope your doctor gives you good news. I understand how the worrying can be.... I have some lab work I have been putting off myself, I have been having pain in the liver area and my mind is going in circles with different thoughts.

Strawberry, 5 and 1/2 months free of alcohol was a great gift you gave yourself. I too believe our bodies can heal themselves when we take care of them/ourselves.

Thank you for the birthday wish venuscat I am getting old but I am still kicking.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing evening/morning. Today was hard, my mind kept romancing the thought, probably because I made it through yesterday and I need to celebrate.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me

Hello to all, Today is my first day sober in a very, very long time. It seems like I can get thru a couple of months then slip back. I know that I can not control my drinking. I just had to bury my mother 10 days ago. She was in a care facility before she passed. I would even take a drink in there with me to visit her. Pathetic....I told myself that November 1 was my day. This is No-No November. No more alcohol, no more excuses. I want to be sober. Glad to be here with you all.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom travelbug. I lost mine 2 years ago come December. It was and sometimes still is excruciating even though we know they are no longer in pain/suffering.
I don't think you pathetic at all. Just not ready to be fully sober yet. You can do this now! I love No-No November.
Stick close to SR and you will be amazed by how quickly the days start to add up. Be gentle with yourself in these beginning days.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Off to bed for me. Big cross country meet for my son tomorrow. I need all the rest I can get before the big run.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Proafishin

So overwhelmed and don't want to mess up

I'm new here, today. Feeling hopeless and not worthy. I want help and don't know how to stop even though every morning I tell myself, don't use drugs, I end up making the wrong choice.HELP
Old 11-01-2019, 10:06 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I was in the October class, but I wouldn't give myself a passing grade. I had a couple day ones in there. I would love to join you all in the November class and try again.

I have voluntarily signed up for an Intensive Outpatient Treatment program which started this past Monday. This is the first time I have tried any kind of program at all. Before now, I just relied on willpower which did not work for me. This program is a one year commitment. I want to put 100% into this program and never drink again. I'm also excited to see who the real me turns out to be.

Welcome everyone!
Old 11-02-2019, 01:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning, Class of November! I'm up early today, enjoying the morning of day 3. Don't have much planned for today, just a birthday party for my nephew - and then I'll spend the rest of the day writing.

Coder - you were the first one here. How are you today, on day 2?

Faith823 - it's day 8 for you! Doing good?

time2LLL60 - keep posting! We're here!

taplow - day 14! Great job!

Citrus - double dipping is always OK!

CityLite - welcome!

Linners820 - good to see you!

Strawberry18 - so glad that you are here. Hope that your Dr. can explain the lab results and give you some peace of mind.

soberbythesea - I hope that you can find a way to spend time with your BF and his friend without alcohol.

travelbug - glad you are here! I'm so sorry for your loss.

proafishin - so glad that you found us! Stay close, keep posting. We're here for you!

MagnumCat - welcome! I LOVE the way you talk about what you are going through, finding the real you!

Hope I didn't forget anyone. This is a great class!
Old 11-02-2019, 01:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hello all (and thanks for checking in with me FallingLeaves)

Day 2 here and feeling good. In recent months I've generally been drinking 1-3 days a week, and drinking a lot less than in the past, so I'm not struggling with any withdrawals. I just need to make that final shove to get to total sobriety (before it all goes back to heavy drinking again!).

Hey there Proafishin - keep posting here and read lots of threads on tips! Hang in there, and keep to talking to us.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:26 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Coder, I'm not struggling with withdrawals either, and it's been years since I woke up with a real hangover. Still, it's so nice to wake up early, refreshed and happy. It's as if I've been given the gift of time.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

day 2

Woke up at 4:30 am. Slept ok with the help of Ambien and melatonin. I am still a little groggey. However, I am not hung order from 10beers and a bottle of red wine! Yippee. I have a bust day so going to get with it. It is suppose to be a nice, sunny day here in the midwest, heart of America. I have a great positive attitude. Looking forward to a happy, sober Saturday. Peace out my friends. Stay sober
Old 11-02-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Nice and sunny sounds great, travelbug! It's snowing here... Stay sober!
Old 11-02-2019, 03:19 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to everyone - whether this is a new month following on from October , or you're joining a class for the first time, or the first one in a long time

D
Old 11-02-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

It was Sober October. And now it's Can't Remember November.
Not really. I'm still up for it and going strong.

It's day 14 - thankyou FallingLeaves, I wasn't sure.
It's raining cats and dogs here. It's that, you know, wet rain that drips on your head if you walk about under it.

Best of everything to everyone. You all deserve it, most likely.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good morning