Notices

To Scared to drink and too scared not to

Old 10-16-2019, 12:21 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I did end up drinking after a big fight with my dad. He was being really nasty and I felt like I was being treated like a child. I often don't ring him as I identified him as a trigger. I rang my aunt who was all on about my will being done. Everyone has different opinions about my will.

And my youngest is still 17.
I had to take out a loan to cover body corporate fees on my house. They charge 30 percent interest. It was lost in the mail box as well.
All in all a bad day and I finally caved in after tea.
Just excuses. How are you Delilah? Thanks for asking.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:37 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Now that you've drank - will you finally do something to stop drinking?

It is so confusing how you can drink everytime some money comes in, but you can never do anything that might actually help you break free from this vicious circle.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:42 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Thank you for your kind message Zanna.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:44 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

If anyone sees a post they breaks the rules please report it. 'Firing back' here only loses the focus of this thread.

There are no recent posts here that break the rules.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 10-16-2019, 12:47 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetichick2 View Post
Thank you for your kind message Zanna.
You're welcome love Hang in there! xxx
Old 10-16-2019, 12:48 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry you drank Sweetichick.

Kk1k makes a good point, not the way I made it maybe but I made it a few days back.

If drinking is still your go to solution, how are you going to change things about youself and your life? (I don't need an answer but you really need to think about it)

I also think you need to think about what you want from the folks here.

I hope you decide to do something else the next time something happens that upsets you or makes you feel bad.

D
Old 10-16-2019, 02:16 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

bump
I am going back to AA oñce I get through withdrawal.All my effort will go into killing the AV. Surely it can't be any harder than giving 7p cigarettes..
Old 10-16-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I did end up drinking after a big fight with my dad. He was being really nasty and I felt like I was being treated like a child.
Hi Sweeti, what was your dad being nasty about, if you don’t mind my asking?
Old 10-16-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Just belittling me and talking to me like a child
Old 10-16-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Thanks for replying sweetie x. I’m sorry, I don’t understand why your dad would belittle you. Doesn’t he know how much you’re suffering? Doesn’t he want to help you, because you’re his daughter?
Old 10-16-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hurtful comments from family members used to be a big trigger for me and my natural response was to drink so I would not feel the hurt. Next time post here first before buying a bottle. Go to a meeting and vent, You have options on how to react to hurtful comments. For myself I just know that drinking is not an option. It makes life so much easier. Just don't drink today, Sweeti.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

Your dad was a jerk to you, so you punished yourself by drinking? Does that seem like a kind way to treat yourself?

In the future, it would be better if you come here to vent. Go to an AA meeting. Learn how to deal with negative experiences without drinking at them.

Change can be difficult, but we've all had to do it. So can you.

What are you willing to do?

I truly wish you the best.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Sweeti, what do you mean by your dad ‘belittling you and talking to you like a child’. What was he saying, to make you feel that he was belittling and talking to you like a child. I don’t understand, Sweeti, unless you give more information, please let me know Sweeti, what was he saying to make you feel that way?
Old 10-16-2019, 07:30 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

My parents treat me like a child too, and annoyingly I end up getting childish as a result! Families are tricky at times x
Old 10-16-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Sweeti,

Misery can be comfortable because it's familiar. Change is terrifying because it's unknown. In order to get sober, it's not always going to feel good or easy at first. But it does get better.

I wish you would trust us and walk through the discomfort to see what's on the other side.

This is no way to live. I also struggled and my only regret in getting sober is that I didn't do it sooner.

Sending you a hug and encouragement. Please take the chance and try something new. Do something different.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi sweeti. Just popping in to see how you’re feeling today and send some support. Please check in when you can.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:41 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

I have been following your threads for a very long time but haven’t posted for a while.

Sweeti....how can we help? What can we do that would be helpful for you right now?

I’ve read people’s life experiences that they’ve shared. They were written from the heart and a few of them brought tears to my eyes. Others have shared how they got sober. Some have cajoled, some have talked tough, some have just sent you a hug....

Nothing has helped you this far. Do you know what you need from us right now?

Jen xx
Old 10-16-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Sweeti, what do you mean by your dad ‘belittling you and talking to you like a child’. What was he saying, to make you feel that he was belittling and talking to you like a child. I don’t understand, Sweeti, unless you give more information, please let me know Sweeti, what was he saying to make you feel that way?
It was a fight about my ex-husband. He made it obvious where his loyalty lyed. That made me see red and things turned nasty. He always was nasty but I thought he'd mellowed with age. It's best forgotten. I just won't ring again.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

It was a fight about my ex-husband. He made it obvious where his loyalty lyed. That made me see red and things turned nasty. He always was nasty but I thought he'd mellowed with age. It's best forgotten. I just won't ring again.
What's your sobriety game plan onwards from here?
Old 10-16-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Honestly Sweeti, I just don’t understand. I have been sober most of this year but with some serious benders. You don’t work, if I could go to inpatient rehab or therapy I would in a second. You seemingly have no responsibilities. Why won’t you just go already??? Please answer me because I am beyond baffled at this point.