Notices

To Scared to drink and too scared not to

Old 10-14-2019, 07:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Why does everyone think I need a doctor. I've been to see him before with similar symptoms and he ran blood tests and they came back fine. Thanks for the concern th9ugh. I could barely walk in to the surgery at that time. I am feeling much better again today.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:32 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

“Why does everyone think I need a doctor. “

because you are suffering from a big sickness, sweeti.

we are all hearing it.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

K

Why does everyone think I need a doctor. I've been to see him before with similar symptoms and he ran blood tests and they came back fine. Thanks for the concern th9ugh. I could barely walk in to the surgery at that time. I am feeling much better again today.

Last edited by Sweetichick2; 10-14-2019 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 10-14-2019, 07:39 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fini View Post
“Why does everyone think I need a doctor. “

because you are suffering from a big sickness, sweeti.

we are all hearing it.
Sorry didn't know if I sent it
Old 10-14-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Sweeti,
i am seeing double

double posting from you, i mean.
but actually i wonder if you have blocked me, since i don’t think you have ever responded to me.

we all want you to see a doctor because you are very ill.

feeling a bit better occasionally does not negate that you are very ill.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

you asked why the concern and you are fine?
this was your opening post to this thread:
I am really scared of drinking. My balance is off and I can barely walk from the lounge to the toilet. It's all peripheral neuropathy but that doesn't help with the anxiety. I am basically housebound.

If I stop my legs shake even more due to anxiety.i still need to get to the corner shop for food. People stare. 8 I know I have brought this on myself as my dad reminded me yesterday.

But I have to stop or I could end up in a nursing home or wheelchair. The withdrawal is horrendous as well.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

hi Sweeti,

we are all concerned for you.
we see you struggling and suffering, trying to get a grip on getting better and not managing.
we have seen this for a long time.
all of us, it’s true.
we want you to get medical help, detox help, rehab help, recovery help.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

i am happy you feel better. keep posting i don't want you to be alone we are your friend whatever you decide.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:52 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sweeti, I get the feeling that you don't really think that all these bad things you have been told about and warned about, even by doctors, will happen to you. Things like that always happen to somebody else, not us.

I cannot think of any other reason why you would keep fighting so hard against getting help. If there is another reason, please tell us. Why do you fight so hard against getting help?
Old 10-14-2019, 08:01 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I used to rationalise that way too - stop drinking - feel like death - felt better a few days on - how bad could things be?

I didn't have past threads and posts to look at tho, Sweetichick.
The whole story is there in back and white and its kinda scary, I know - but it needs to be faced.

Like I said, people are not going to give up on you, but they will keep on at you begging you to take some kind of recovery action.

Blood tests won't do anything for wet brain. Telling your doctors that you feel ok might be the truth on the day you see them but diminishing the problem like that is not really helping you either.

I know you're smart enough to see that.

I did those things too, btw. Tell one guy a bit of the story, tell another guy a bit more...

No one wants to have to face frightening things - but not facing them could be worse....

I think deep down you know you need change or you wouldn't keep posting here?

How are you doing temptation wise today, it being payday?

D
Old 10-14-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I am doing ok today. Too scared to drink. Minor crisis when I emptied my letter box. My car wasn't registered now. Huge billplus I have been driving it. Then my vaporiser broke again. Heaps of healthy food being delivered tomorrow. At least I am sober and didn't lose it having to buy a packet of cigarettes. My daughter is going 9verseas. I have to s8g the passport giving permission. Would be nice if my family could tell me where she is going.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's important to acknowledge the wins too - i'm glad you're sober today .

Hope you can work out the rego and the other things you need. Money not spent on smokes and booze can only help

D
Old 10-15-2019, 01:48 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetichick2 View Post
I am doing ok today. Too scared to drink. Minor crisis when I emptied my letter box. My car wasn't registered now. Huge billplus I have been driving it. Then my vaporiser broke again. Heaps of healthy food being delivered tomorrow. At least I am sober and didn't lose it having to buy a packet of cigarettes. My daughter is going 9verseas. I have to s8g the passport giving permission. Would be nice if my family could tell me where she is going.
what would knowing where she's going do? My family, daughter included, had a lot of "would be nice if's" for me when I was drinking..did squat. Focusing on my recovery and myself let's me know what my kid's up to. She's a young adult but lives with me now. No way in hell that would be the case if I was still drinking.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

My daughter is going 9verseas. I have to s8g the passport giving permission. Would be nice if my family could tell me where she is going.

Hi Sweeti, why do you have to sign for her passport? Both of your children are over 18 now according to what you have written in the past. Once legally adults, they do not need parental permission for things like that so take that off your list of things to worry about.

The following is said kindly, only to point out how insane alcoholism/addiction is. It is strong and intended to hit a nerve, but not meant to be mean. I get it, we get it, and you can't pull anything over a fellow alcoholic! Did you really not know you don't have to sign? Or were you exaggerating the truth to make the situation more dramatic and painful? It would already be hurtful enough that your daughter was going oversees without telling you any of the details. Was adding in that you had to sign for the passport an attempt to make it seem "even worse"? I'm not trying to embarrass you, nor am I calling you a liar. I am just pointing out familiar behaviours. I too often exaggerate my pain and troubles when in the middle of active alcoholism. But we don't need to.

I bet if you get some real, true help to stop in time your girls will be more likely to open up their lives to you and share things with you like taking trips or other things they might like to share with mom. But you cannot control the actions of others, especially adults.

Time to focus on you sweeti and what you can change.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hiya sweeti, if you are over acute withdrawal and don't think you need to see a doctor or consider rehab, how about the basics for getting some more alcohol free days behind you? Sounds like you're on the right track getting lots of healthy food in. I always found eating loads in the early days helped cravings. Make sure you get your vape fixed too as you don't want to be craving that too! Maybe just maybe, if you start feeling better you will feel up to going to meetings. How many days are you now?
Old 10-15-2019, 03:56 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti, it’s good that you can sign your daughters passport and give her permission to go overseas.

How wonderful would it be, Sweeti, if you mustered all the determination and strength you have left, and accepted 3D help, as well as interacting on SR, and managed to deal with your drink problem, once and for all. Then, just imagine, when your daughter returned from overseas, you’d be able to stand up, proud and in better health, drink-free and ready and able for when she decided to see you. She’d probably be proud of you, for overcoming the drink problem, as would your other daughter. Do you remember what I wrote to you Sweeti, about a friend who left me, because she couldn’t stand to see me drinking and suffering? Then returned, when I stopped? There’s a far better chance of reconciliation with your daughters if you stop drinking.

Imagine if you had a focus, a target for stopping drinking, Sweeti, and what better one, than to be there for your daughters in the future. I know you can do this, Sweeti. X
Old 10-15-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
It's been six years since I have seen my youngest. I kept drinking through joint. çustody so I was choosing alcohol over her. I never thought of it like that.

this is critical statement in many ways. i think for some of us, at least for me, having been raised by an alcoholic parent who showed no sign of slowing down OR any sense of how their drinking MIGHT be negatively impacting their child, that still stings today. that in your own words you never even CONSIDERED that to be an issue speaks to the depths the hallmark denial of this disease can take you, just how far out of touch.

as a now ACOA whose own mother DIED from alcoholism, and never even made one single attempt, it's challenging not to get "mad" at another parent, another human, who has every opportunity to stop DEATH in it's tracks and so steadfastly refuses to do so.

then one has to remember that we all have choices - in how we live and how we die. and that you can flounder out in the stormy seas and reject all 350 life preservers thrown your way. you can do it YOUR WAY.
This is a really powerful message sweeti. You need rehab you cannot do this on your own. You are so blessed to have children -give them the mother they deserve. You can turn this around if you get help.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:55 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I am doing ok today. Too scared to drink. .
great! that means the "back to AA" can start today, right?
your exact words
I am going back to AA oñce I get through withdrawal.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:23 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
not a greeter

It’s good to read that you’re doing okay. Being too scared to drink is a good enough reason to kick start sobriety. What do you think about getting to a meeting now that you’re feeling better? Being sober and having healthy food delivered are good things. Don’t fret about the mail. Just pay your registration bill and it isn’t a crisis...nor is your daughter traveling. That is a wonderful thing for her. Someone mentioned getting sober so when she returns you might rekindle your relationship. I think that’s a great motivator as well. How did payday go besides the food delivery. I know that’s a trigger for you.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:16 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

It’s been over 24 hours since you’ve checked in. I really hope you were able to stay sober this payday.

Not really sure what to say that hasn’t already been said, I do hope you find the strength to put the effort into recovery.