Notices

To Scared to drink and too scared not to

Old 10-11-2019, 08:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
nez

I learn from people's experience, strength, and hope. From their experience, I learn that I am not alone. From their strength, I learn that recovery is doable. From their hope, I learn about aspirations. All three help feed an attitude of "why not me as well".
Old 10-11-2019, 10:57 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
So, does that mean you aren't going to "go back to AA and really start pounding the AV?"
I am going back to AA oñce I get through withdrawal.All my effort will go into killing the AV. Surely it can't be any harder than giving 7p cigarettes..
Old 10-11-2019, 11:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nez View Post
I learn from people's experience, strength, and hope. From their experience, I learn that I am not alone. From their strength, I learn that recovery is doable. From their hope, I learn about aspirations. All three help feed an attitude of "why not me as well".
I love your attitude of the why ñot me. It sounds like the best reason to attend AA.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
sweeti, your drugging yourself to death as is.
IF youre serious, the go back to AA will have an exact date on it- like today.
choose TODAY. it wont kill you like the alcohol and valium are killing you.
I'm not well enough to go back today. Besides I slept through the only meeting this morning. You make a good point that AA won't killme but the drug w8ll,
Old 10-11-2019, 11:45 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Actually, it might just be what you need. Several weeks ago I made a very bad decision to relapse. I was devastated (and drunk) and I swallowed handfuls of pills. I am estimating a very large number, well near 100 or so. Thank god my attempt and ending everything didn't end well. I woke up the next morning but discovered I could not walk and was shaking so bad I could not unlock my phone. I also must have been hell on earth because the face recognition unlock wouldn't work. I was crawling around the house, desperate to live. I finally- after what may have been hours, unlocked my phone and was able to manage putting in the number for an ambulance. They came and after a long time of grasping the door knob I was able to lift myself up, and then after an even longer time steady my hand to put the key in the door to unlock it and reach the safety waiting for me. I went to the hospital and was set up in triage myself. I then had to spend the night in the critical observation room with about 25 other people also needing observation for various conditions. I then got moved to the psych ward and had a room for a week.

I tell you this, something very personal, devastating and embarrassing I had not intended on sharing, to come to the final point: I am so glad I called for help and am still here. I hate the hospital as much as anyone else but when there is no hope going it alone thank God they are there.
Luckily in Australia we can dial emergency without the pinc9de to the phone.that must have been absolutely terrifying,thank God you survived.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:16 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Sweeti? Were you abl who get to a meeting?
Old 10-12-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Worried for you Sweeti.. I hope you get help soon. You seem in a bad way.

You shared recently about not recognising your daughter when you saw her. I bet that was awful for you and her. Now imagine if you focused on your recovery and the relationships you could build.

I am the the daughter of an alcoholic that grew up in foster care. I’m now 30 and my mother is 56. When I was younger I would’ve done anything to have a relationship with my mother. She chose alcohol over me a thousand times over and that broke my heart. I would’ve given her so many chances and I would’ve supported her through anything.. until it was too late. If they’re young you still have a chance to salvage things.

Im not saying you need to do it for anyone else but do it for yourself. If you do not get proper help it only ends one way. No one wants that to happen.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

two days since your last post - how many meetings have you attended?
Old 10-13-2019, 10:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

“We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.”
~ L. A. Seneca

It is impossible for everything to be bad. At least you are alive, and that is always a good thing. But everything you think about can definitely be bad. There is a way out: adjust your thinking.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:01 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
“We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.”
~ L. A. Seneca

It is impossible for everything to be bad. At least you are alive, and that is always a good thing. But everything you think about can definitely be bad. There is a way out: adjust your thinking.
Good point!

Add to that...stop drinking along with adjusting the thinking.

How are you today sweeti? Any meetings on the horizon?
Old 10-13-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I still can barely walk and have to walk around the house holding onto things. Tomorrow is payday so another trigger. That's why I haven't made a meeting. There were none close by Friday and Saturday anyway.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:05 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noaddedsugar View Post
Worried for you Sweeti.. I hope you get help soon. You seem in a bad way.

You shared recently about not recognising your daughter when you saw her. I bet that was awful for you and her. Now imagine if you focused on your recovery and the relationships you could build.

I am the the daughter of an alcoholic that grew up in foster care. I’m now 30 and my mother is 56. When I was younger I would’ve done anything to have a relationship with my mother. She chose alcohol over me a thousand times over and that broke my heart. I would’ve given her so many chances and I would’ve supported her through anything.. until it was too late. If they’re young you still have a chance to salvage things.

Im not saying you need to do it for anyone else but do it for yourself. If you do not get proper help it only ends one way. No one wants that to happen.
Thank you for sharing your story. It's been six years since I have seen my youngest. I kept drinking through joint. çustody so I was choosing alcohol over her. I never thought of it like that.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetichick2 View Post
Thank you for sharing your story. It's been six years since I have seen my youngest. I kept drinking through joint. çustody so I was choosing alcohol over her. I never thought of it like that.
Hey sweetie, why don’t you peruse the family and friends of alcoholics forum and read their pain. Maybe it will help you to see what you have caused to those who love you. It might help get you gain a different perspective of how your alcoholism affects others.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:56 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Sweetie, have you tried calling the AA hotline and explaining your situation? I’m sure someone will come pick you up to make sure you make it to a meeting. Most members who volunteer their time would absolutely love helping a fellow alcoholic who is suffering. You won’t be a burden.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:09 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Posts have been removed under rule 4, and some posts replying to those posts.

I've asked many times for posts to be constructive here.

A small but persistent minority of you are not doing that.

Those who have had posts removed from this thread are not newcomers - they will have seen previous threads and my many previous requests for civil constructive posts.

so...if you suddenly find yourself banned from this thread you know why.

Sweetichick you need to do your part too - report posts you think break the rules - don't fire back at them here.

Drama is the last thing you need right now.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 10-13-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you'll make an effort to get to a meeting tomorrow or as soon as possible sweetichick- set aside some taxi or uber money from your pay maybe?

It is important. I think it needs to be a priority.

If you won't go to detox or rehab AA seems about the only course open to you to fight the AV apart from SR?

D
Old 10-13-2019, 06:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thank you for removing those posts Dee . They were starting to ruin my day.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:04 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that maybe you need to hear some of the tough love tho Sweetichick.

The only posts I'm removing are those that break the rules - abusive, name calling, too nasty, too snide, too insinuating.

Thats not helpful.

I'm not here to protect you from the truth tho.

Something needs to change with you.

Think about it - if AA is too hard, if getting to the Dr is too hard, if detox/rehab is too hard....if the only thing you're really prepared to do over and over again is drink some more, you're in real trouble, sweetichick.

That may be hard to hear...but its not nasty - it is straight talking delivered with love and concern.

If I can do that everyone else can too

D
Old 10-13-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Sweeti do I remember correctly that you had said that your Dr thought you may have wet brain? Could this be the reason behind your inability to walk properly?
I really do hope you can get to AA or get yourself some serious medical help..
Old 10-13-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Just want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you, Sweeti!