Notices

I am back

Old 07-19-2019, 03:53 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thank goodness no body was hurt or killed due to your drink driving. You've had a lucky escape. I hope and pray you don't do that again. You might not be so lucky next time. X
Old 07-19-2019, 03:57 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
I got painkillers from the servo. I needed petrol anyway. Who cares if I was over the limit it was only around the corner
I read your comment after reading thread below.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-happened.html (I came close, but lost the battle. The worst has happened.)
Old 07-19-2019, 04:04 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

You might think we're being harsh but we're really not sweetichick.

The only real difference between this thread and all the others is you're posting less. The triggers may vary but the results are the same.

You're no dummy. You know how messed up your arguments are right now.

If you really want change you have to work for it.
You have to.

Thats going to be painful - especially when everything has been a reason for a drink - but I did it and I know you can too.

We want you to succeed, believe it or not

I've never known anyone here, anyone who's really genuinely committed to change,. to go without support.

D
Old 07-19-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I’m okay. I didn’t really take that much notice. I rarely drink drive because my car will be uninsured and I will still have to pay back the loan. I have a high alcohol tolerance. The servo is only a few minutes walk. But the empty light was on in my car. I am not saying I don’t need to change my attitude. Thanks for all the replies.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I’m okay. I didn’t really take that much notice. I rarely drink drive because my car will be uninsured and I will still have to pay back the loan. I have a high alcohol tolerance. The servo is only a few minutes walk. But the empty light was on in my car. I am not saying I don’t need to change my attitude. Thanks for all the replies.
You didn’t take much notice because you’re still drinking.

You rarely drink and drive? One time is once too many.

Rarely drinking & driving because you might lose insurance and still have to pay back the car loan? That’s a rubbish excuse. How about causing an accident & hurting or killing someone. Is that still acceptable because you have a high alcohol tolerance?

With all of your health issues, family troubles, drinking and driving and finding it excusable... you are in serious denial. You’re 52 Sweeti. Isn’t it time to grow up?
Old 07-19-2019, 06:24 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I don’t see how driving around one corner is that big an issue. My ear is still in agony even after Panadol. That is my main concern. Time for bed good night
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

I'm sorry you're not taking recovery seriously. I wish you would because sobriety is worth working for.

Recovery is not posting the reasons you drank after the fact. Recovery is not saying why programs won't work for you. That's like going to the gym, refusing to work on any of the equipment, and wondering why you're not building muscle, then storming out saying that gyms don't work.

Recovery is working a program (any program, some people find recovery through this site alone, provided they're willing to be honest and accountable). Recovery is changing from the inside out--which involves being thoroughly honest with yourself. Recovery is asking for help and then doing what you're told.

Recovery involves doing whatever it takes to not take that first drink so that you can begin to heal.

Recovery is an internal growth. Honesty. Open-mindedness. Willingness.

This is all said with kindness and compassion. You're on a path where only you can choose if you want to live or die. I was on the same path. Please choose wisely and don't waste your life.

xo
  # 128 (permalink)  

Nobody is bullying you, people care about you, no one wants to hear you've crashed your car or hurt yourself or even killed an innocent person. I hope you find your inner strength and get well again . Good luck
Old 07-19-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I don’t see how driving around one corner is that big an issue. My ear is still in agony even after Panadol. That is my main concern. Time for bed good night
I'm sorry you're in agony. I truly hope you feel better soon. That's awful.

A person in recovery would acknowledge that driving while over the limit (or even after one drink, really), is irresponsible and dangerous. It minimizes the danger of your drinking. It makes it seem normal and not a big deal.

It is a big deal.

I hope you can see that soon.

I'm not attacking or bullying you. I care about you. And I don't want you to hurt yourself or hurt or kill anyone else. No one here wants that for you.

But please wake up.
We care.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I didn’t take a terrible lot of notice because I don’t see this site as a friendly place. People try to bully you on here.

this thread alone has SEVEN pages of warm, heartfelt replies and over 120 posts of encouragement. but no one is going to support drunk driving. ever. that demonstrates complete and utter disregard for the lives and safety of others.

and now SR is the enemy? don't think so, sweeti. after what appeared to be a stretch of sober days, you chose to drink again. i believe you had just been cautioned that if you didn't stop for good, you'd end up in a nursing home. i believe you also stated that outpatient said you could contact them anytime - doing so before drinking would have been a choice. using ANY of the sober support you DO have would have been a choice.

all we can do is hope that you wake up and truly see the madness and make radical life long changes before something really bad happens.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Sweetichick - your continued drinking is ruining your immune system. Alcohol will not improve anything about being healthy. Alcohol is a sugar, "One of the reasons that added sugars are harmful is that they can increase inflammation, which can lead to disease".

I too suffered from chronic ear infections which cleared up when I cleaned up my diet and stayed away from alcohol. You are putting your whole health at risk by continuing to drink. If you want to feel better and heal your body, leave the alcohol out of your life. It's really a simple concept.

You are a smart woman who knows (1) driving while under the influence, and (2) driving uninsured are BOTH illegal. There is no justification that makes either one of those laws acceptable in a court of law.

There are thousands of responses in support of your success. It does appear that you are choosing the destructive pathway in spite of all who cheer for your success. Wishing you the strength to begin a healing path, your health and your life goals will all improve with your quit.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by CupofJoe View Post
Hi Sweeti,

I'm sorry you're not taking recovery seriously. I wish you would because sobriety is worth working for.

Recovery is not posting the reasons you drank after the fact. Recovery is not saying why programs won't work for you. That's like going to the gym, refusing to work on any of the equipment, and wondering why you're not building muscle, then storming out saying that gyms don't work.

Recovery is working a program (any program, some people find recovery through this site alone, provided they're willing to be honest and accountable). Recovery is changing from the inside out--which involves being thoroughly honest with yourself. Recovery is asking for help and then doing what you're told.

Recovery involves doing whatever it takes to not take that first drink so that you can begin to heal.

Recovery is an internal growth. Honesty. Open-mindedness. Willingness.

This is all said with kindness and compassion. You're on a path where only you can choose if you want to live or die. I was on the same path. Please choose wisely and don't waste your life.

xo
Joe put into words very eloquently what I was thinking.

Anyone who is willing to be completely honest and work any sort of program as if his or her life depended on it (and sweeti, your life does depend on it) can recover. AA works. SMART works. Rational Recovery works. Outpatient works. Inpatient works. SR works. They ALL work, if you do the work. The work doesn't get done for you. There are no miracle cures here. You can't "sign up" for a program and expect any results if you don't commit yourself with every fiber of your being, all day, every day, for as long as it takes. Is it fun? Is it easy? No. Is it really painful sometimes? Will you be very uncomfortable at times? Yes.

The choice is yours, Sweeti. Do you want to end up in a nursing home and surely die from this disease, or do you want to save yourself? That's what it really comes down to. Your actions so far indicate you are choosing to die. That's unbearably sad, and I hope you change your mind and take the help that everyone here, your doctors, the treatment program, and AA is ready and willing to give you.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

I got painkillers from the servo. I needed petrol anyway. Who cares if I was over the limit it was only around the corner
I'm sorry but this is alcoholic thinking and very messed up. I hope you get it together, Sweeti.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:40 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Only driving around the corner was the excuse the drunk who plowed into a bus stop full of kids, killing 3, including my husband's cousin, gave.

You do you SC, if nothing else, getting caught and jail time will get you some rehab.

I really was not going to respond to this thread and just keep scrolling because I think you do a lot for attention the drama feeds you, but what you are talking about, is morally reprehensible. If you ever get sober before wet brain sets in, you will understand why members of the forum are upset.

I care far too much about my family and friends to ever brush off something as effed as this.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I want to add - I used to drive drunk. I got caught 3 times over the course of 15 years. It is morally reprehensible. I see that clearly now. In my alcoholic brain I could justify it, somehow. Of all the things I did while drinking, driving over the limit is the thing I still feel intense shame about. I thank the universe EVERY DAY that no one ever got hurt. And I will never ever take that chance again. The only way I can be 100% assured I won't take that chance is to a) never get behind the wheel of a car or b) never drink again. I choose B. You can choose B, Sweeti. I hope you do. For your sake, and for the sake of the people you endanger even going "around the corner."
Old 07-19-2019, 07:58 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I drove drunk too in the past. I am ashamed that I did it, and plenty of times.
I was driving the same route I used to take two days ago, and every time I am in that place I think about what I did, and feel such regret and also thankfulness I never hurt anyone.

Sweeti, I am not a bully and I have offered you a great deal of positive support. I do hope that you read through this thread when you have some sober time and distance, and look for the compassion instead of the perceived attacks.

I think time is running out for you. Please take care of yourself and use the resources you have found to beat your addiction.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

I’m okay. I didn’t really take that much notice. I rarely drink drive because my car will be uninsured and I will still have to pay back the loan. I have a high alcohol tolerance. The servo is only a few minutes walk.
i never took much notice that i could be responsible for the death of another human while i was drunk.
then i was responsible for the death of another human while drunk. sure as hell wasnt something that i woke up one morning and said,"imma gonna go get drunk and kill someone tonight."
it is NOT something that is easy to live with-even 27 years later.
i dont NOT condone my behavior back then nor will i cosign the behavior for anyone today.

you rarely drink and drive because your car will be uninsured and have to pay back the loan....sweeti-ya drink and drive because of untreated alcoholism PERIOD.some of the symptoms are selfish, self centeredness and not caring about others. you havent hurt anyone (while drunk behind the wheel)YET.
i hope ya understand how i know that.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:04 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

"I don’t see how driving around one corner is that big an issue. "
yes; it's clear you don't see that.
and that is one part of the consequences of drinking, the not seeing. and the not caring.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:17 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Sweetiechick, I need to correct my recent post to you to read:

"You are a smart woman who knows (1) driving while under the influence, and (2) driving uninsured are BOTH illegal. There is no justification that makes [breaking] either one of those laws acceptable in a court of law. "

I further wanted to mention that years ago I worked for the Judicial Department (court system) in my state as a court assistant. One day a man came in with a Driving While Suspended violation (with a $2500 fine). His license had been previously revoked for a to DUI. He was pulled over two blocks from his home. The judge asked him why he thought he was justified in driving. The man related that his father had just passed away and he was driving to deliver the bad new to his brother, saying he didn't want to call. Sadly, as much as I had hoped the judge would be lenient on him, he was fully charged anyway.

The laws are the laws. They are black and white for a reason. Getting caught and fined (which, in our state is about $2500 for the offense, and accumulative costs run about $10,000 with all the ad on fees, charges, costs, classes, monitoring, and not to mention ignition interlock device fees which will run the guilty between $75-$150 per month). Please don't be a fool to think you won't get caught.

You will find a lot of this kind of information sharing through AA or other support groups. They can be helpful sharing stories that will reinforce how serious the consequences of your actions can be.

If you think you can't afford insurance now, or a car payment, you are surely going to get a shock to your life should you get arrested. And God forbid you harm anyone.

EVERY.single.person here is giving you all the compassion and support for your success. Hopefully you will be reading these posts with sobered eyes. I'm praying that the light stays on in that precious little head of yours. Get busy with recovering. It's so worth it. Hugs Sweetie.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Wow, just wow

The morally self rightous people seem to come out at the same time.

Sweeti has your license ever been pulled? Have you ever been charged or convicted of a DUI? OR whatever they call it in your part of the world?

Because while I never see those people being condemned, actually SUPPORTED, It seems like a moral free for all on a sick woman when we have been told by mods to put a poster on ignore if ypu have nothing supportive to say.

Could have been any one of you. There but for the grace of God...

And NO, I do not condone irresponsible behavior.

And NO, I do not condone angry villagers with torches

Sweeti in my humble opinion, ask God and your doctors for help. Have faith.

Im sure if you break the law you will get caught and have to deal with it. I don't know what Gods plan is for you.