Notices

I am back

Old 07-08-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

so if today is day two - July 8 - this means you last drank of July 6. you were here on July 5 saying you had dumped "leftovers" down the sink and then you stopped posting.

if you never want to go thru withdrawals again, EVER, then you absolutely HAVE to stop drinking, no matter what. you have a team of doctors on your side, an outpatient program giving you guidance on sobriety, an ongoing support system here at SR with an incredible resource on how we get sober and stay sober. you have now been told the next stop is hospitalization, followed by inpatient treatment. which at this point seems your only true path.

is that perhaps an underlying motive here? a cry for help? that you want the "choice" to a) quit drinking on your own or b) be in a facility that prevents you from drinking?

it is really ok if B is your choice. but you have to let go of the idea that A is going to work.

you are in a precarious position with this disease. it is slowly and steadily taking over organs and mental clarity, health, longevity, the ability to make self-care a priority.

throw yourself at the mercy of your medical support team. raise the white flag, admit defeat. and find freedom. stop the cycle of madness.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:33 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey, Sweeti-I hope today is your 3rd day sober. You never have to go through withdrawals again--just don't pick up again, and that torture will be a thing of your past. It's hard, hard, hard I know, but you can do this, and a good and hopeful life awaits. I have been rooting and praying for you, and will continue to do so. You deserve a good and decent life; work for sobriety as if your life depends on it-because it does.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

What is your outpatient schedule? You have gone once but you drank after that. What is the plan they and your 3 doctors have for you?
Old 07-09-2019, 08:41 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

Hope you’re still sober. What’s your recovery plan look like this week? When is your next outpatient appointment?
Old 07-09-2019, 09:21 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Currently on day 3. Are really struggling with cravings and shakes. Made some veges but can barely eat them. Still feel on the verge of collapse..my next outpatient is. In Two days. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:49 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Glad you posted, if you’re really struggling with withdrawals consider going into the ER.

Three days is a great start. Glad you were at least able to get Veges down. What are your plans to stay sober until you’re next appointment? Make sure you stick by here if you’re struggling.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:20 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
Currently on day 3. Are really struggling with cravings and shakes. Made some veges but can barely eat them. Still feel on the verge of collapse..my next outpatient is. In Two days. Thanks for the encouragement.
If you're having problems eating - have ice cream, cereals, soup or something else that's not too much effort to get down. Orange juice if you have it - anything to get your blood sugar levels up.
I thought I had 'the shakes' a time or two but it was undiagnosed Type 1 Diabetes (caused by messing up my Pancreas with booze)... and with respect, I never drank anywhere near the amounts you say you do.

Peace x

Last edited by Zanna; 07-09-2019 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Typos - just woke up here :)
Old 07-10-2019, 02:58 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thanks Zanna and Delilah for your replies. Planning on just taking it easy. My Aunty is a new support to me. I really need it. With my mother doing chemo she can’t support me. Tomorrow will be day four. Thanks for the support guys.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:09 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
If you're having problems eating - have ice cream, cereals, soup or something else that's not too much effort to get down. Orange juice if you have it - anything to get your blood sugar levels up.
I thought I had 'the shakes' a time or two but it was undiagnosed Type 1 Diabetes (caused by messing up my Pancreas with booze)... and with respect, I never drank anywhere near the amounts you say you do.

Peace x
I have type 2+diabetes so I can understand what you are going. Nice to hear you l
Old 07-10-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better today sweeti
Old 07-11-2019, 03:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day 4.....keep up the good work!
Old 07-11-2019, 04:34 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

It’s great to see you here posting and almost at day 4 Sweeti. You never have to feel this way again if you don’t ever pick up again. You’re doing great. I’m glad your aunt is around to support you. Also I’m sorry about your Mom. Stay close here and keep the ER as an option if the withdrawal gets to be too much.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey Sweet...I give you so much credit because you keep "trying" to stop....its so difficult especially when you feel horrible....

I read your Mom has cancer...all the more reason to work really hard on stopping because she needs YOU around for SUPPORT...If you are feeling unwell...and miserable...you can't be much of a support.

Also, drinking alcohol makes us all prone to getting cancer more than the average person and because it is in your family history...it would be really good if you could stop now.

As far as eating..the first 6 days of my sobriety all I could eat was Watermelon...the most important thing for us to do in early sobriety is to get HYDRATED....with Gatorade or Pedilyte (Pedilyte is expensive but a couple bottles made me feel a ton better)....

Your humble enough to come on and post when you drink and to talk about it...I hope you find it inside to be humble enough to admit that you have had enough alcohol...time to try something new.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I worry when you disappear after a post or two that you are slipping back into drinking sweeti. Hope I'm wrong, but even if you are, you have support here.

Don't isolate. I'm glad you have a supportive Aunt in your life now. Have you talked to her today? My mom had cancer too and it isn't easy. She and I had a very rough relationship due to her alcoholism, but that doesn't me it wasn't a punch in the gut to know the person I literally came from was leaving the Earth.

There will always be a reason to drink, but sometimes you really gotta focus on a reason to live.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:01 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Welcome back
Old 07-11-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
Planning on just taking it easy.
I hope that is enough to keep you sober for your outpatient visit.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:50 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Outpatient went well. He’s very happy with my progress.. I need to keep it up. Tomorrow is my birthday so that represents a challenge as no family lunch due to my mums chemo. I can ring outpatient anytime during next week. Thanks for the support.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi SC

Welcome back. And happy birthday!

Maybe go see mom on your bday? Bring her something yummy to eat ...kill two birds with one stone. Be with family for your bday, and support her through what I know is very scary and tough time.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:10 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Woot woot! Happy birthday, Sweetichick!

I’m glad outpatient went well.

Maybe a meeting on your birthday would be a good idea. Do you have a plan?
Old 07-11-2019, 08:18 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by entropy1964 View Post
Hi SC

Welcome back. And happy birthday!

Maybe go see mom on your bday? Bring her something yummy to eat ...kill two birds with one stone. Be with family for your bday, and support her through what I know is very scary and tough time.
I’m not allowed to see her. Because of her immune system. That’s what hurts the most. I have offered to bring meals. I am crying nonstop over it all