Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

How could I possibly be happy without booze? Weekenders 28 June - 01 July 2019

Notices

How could I possibly be happy without booze? Weekenders 28 June - 01 July 2019

Old 07-01-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nef

I believe it's on youtube (with spanish subtitles) but I got the DVD out of my local library.

D
Old 07-01-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Bim, good move on the email, as you say, it gets things out of your head and able to move on, they certainly acted quickly on your email though. I hope they’re able to put things right.

Kaily, beautiful picture, so serene and peaceful, must be lovely to walk your dogs there and get away from it all.

Midnight, I hope your first day went well.

Sold my car yesterday, I am not getting use out of it since I left work, sadly. I have Mr.M’s car here still to use.

It’s blue skies outside this morning, yesterday it was blustery and dull, you never know what it’s going to be like, day by day!
Old 07-01-2019, 10:41 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Morning

Mags if your anything like me you will of been a little sad to see the car go ~ sentimental attachment and change...

Bim as you say sounds like everyone on site is up against it. Some day soon the noise and disruption will be nothing but a distant memory (I hope).

Keeping the lawn short always hides a multitude of sins STDragon. Good luck with the fitness campaign.

Vman glad you had a nice evening at the concert.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:57 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning everybody.
Nice to see you in the weekender Neferka.
MB so how did it go the first day ?
I don't know that series that you guys are talking about but I feel I should
Nice and cool here too this morning.
Have a great day weekenders
Old 07-02-2019, 03:54 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Quick morning check-in, see you tonight!
Old 07-02-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, your good vibes are helpful as always. I will spare you all my construction update today.

Dragon, I've spent a lot of time in private small planes and I've never had a pilot ask my weight. I mean, he can look at you and guess close enough, it's not that slim a margin. Is he a new pilot? Yeah, it's good to have an approximate weight - but to ask a passenger? I guess if it got you on your bike, at least something good happened!

Mags, one less car sounds like one less headache!

Midnight, so good to hear you're still with us.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Another bitchen Sobriety Day yesterday ~

I bought a new Truck on the Interwebz. My kinda buy, since you skip all the Dealership Drama. It was more like buying a Work Truck for a Fleet. We started out at a fantastic price they'd put on the 'Net. The Salesman I'd worked with before found another $3,000 Rebate in MesaMate's name on file. It was set to expire last Night, as were multiple Ford Rebates and Incentives. So, applying that $3,000 Rebate dropped the final price to where I could write a Check for it. And, I might, after I fly to Denver this Friday to pick it up, and see some former Work Pals over Lunches. Getting all the particular RV Trailer Towing Features I wanted meant doing a lot of Truck Inventory comparisons; a detailed exercise made possible only by Sobriety. Slept very well last Night, thanks to mental fatigue.

And, speaking of sleeping well, congrats on the very significant 6 Months, WaterOx! That's about the time frame I began to really believe I'd permanently turned my Life around.

Man, that Faucet Pic up-thread made me wince, Bim! Tnx for all the Pix, Folks. They transport me out of my Head.

Been there, caught that. Those sorta mistakes while the House was being built to my A-R Specs, that is. I can't stand the Industrial/Hospital look of Pasta Pot Water Spigots as seen on TV Cooking Shows. BUT, we had to have one. So, I had a hole drilled in the Granite Countertop by the Cooktop. I put in a flex Dish Rinse Handle that recedes down flat into the Cabinet after use. Kinda like my preferred Sober Introvert Lifestyle these Days: cheap, and invisible. Of course, this trick Water Spigot never gets used IRL. As my fav Irish name goes: O'Well.

Even Odin & Wotan celebrated my Truck purchase yesterday by providing us a fine Sunset last Night...

Old 07-02-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I am trying to pick a new kitchen faucet right now for my kitchen renovation project. I must have looked at every faucet out there by now. Still haven't found one I love. And I'm not THAT picky. But I do have a couple of conditions - must be easy to keep clean - not too many little ridges or nooks and crannies. I do NOT want one of those pull-out sprayer thingies. I prefer 1 handle rather than 2. Not too modern- looking, as it won't "go" with my vision of a Crafstman-style kitchen. Sigh. The other decisions have been much easier than this one. I also want an under-the-sink water filtration system. LOTS of choices there, too. I would never use a big pasta water pot spigot, either, Mesa. My mom has one. She actually does use it sometimes, to fill up big pots for when she cans pickles or whatnot. But I don't do that often enough to warrant a whole other plumbing project.

Congratulations on the new truck!
Old 07-02-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Nefercharmichael!

There's something rather uplifting reading a bunch of recovering alkies talk about taps and faucets
10 past 6 and i'm still at work, outrageous slavery! Fortunately I am done for today. Londoners heard some sad and shocking yesterday that a stowaway had fallen 3,500 feet from a flight into someone's back garden. It is a good reminder that there are millions of people out there who's life is so much harder than mine.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:28 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I heard about that poor guy. How shocking it must have been to the homeowner enjoying the sun in his backyard to have a body fall out of the sky.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Jesus, saoutchik, I hadn’t heard about that. How sad.

Anyway, just checking in. Feeling stressed out and really glad to be sober. I’d be halfway through a bottle of champagne if this had happened 6 months ago. (It’s not even 1 pm here, but I used to start early whenever I was stressed.)
Old 07-02-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, that’s tragic for the stowaway, he must have been so desperate. Could’ve been worse for those on the ground too!

MLD, I hope you find the faucet (taps?) you want. It can be frustrating when you know what you want but can’t see it for sale anywhere!

Hiya Bonnie, I hope you’re feeling better and pleased you’re sober too.

It’s a beautiful evening here. Sunny, and blue skies.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:04 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Mr

Seriously good [[edit] women's] soccer team you got there american friends

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
There's something rather uplifting reading a bunch of recovering alkies talk about taps and faucets... .
Agreed

BTW I just went and bought a motorbike this evening. Mrs Vman gave me an odd look when I told her

Goodnight all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
276629617_BMWS1000RRCINSA.jpg (25.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-02-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations to the USA who beat England 2-1 in the World Cup. Good game.

That is one good looking bike VMan! You should have some fun on that. I hope Mrs V is OK with it. I think some new but retro looking versions of Britain's most famous pre war motorbikes - the Brough Superior were made over in Tolouse a few years back. I don't know if the still make them. Lawrence of Arabia came to a sticky end on one of them. (The old ones that is)
Old 07-02-2019, 02:50 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders

Mesaman this comment about the tap made me chuckle: it’s kinda like my sober introvert lifestyle: cheap and invisible it’s totally relatable
Congratulations on the new truck too Mesa

Glad you sold the car Mags I recently upgraded to a slightly bigger car. I was sorry to say farewell to my trusty old car of 15 years but I’m loving the extra space in the new (preloved) SUV

Sao that poor stowaway I hadn’t heard about it either

Oh my goodness Vman, are you serious? That’s a seriously beautiful bike!

Hope you’re feeling better soon Bonnie.
I really like waking up without guilt each morning. I’ve recently realised it’s the only time of day when I’m absolutely free of the AV. So next time the AV strikes, I’m going to try to conjure up this lovely feeling of first thing in the morning (like now) when I am feeling so relieved and happy to be sober
Old 07-02-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Nice bike V.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:48 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
...Dragon, I've spent a lot of time in private small planes and I've never had a pilot ask my weight. I mean, he can look at you and guess close enough, it's not that slim a margin. Is he a new pilot? Yeah, it's good to have an approximate weight - but to ask a passenger? I guess if it got you on your bike, at least something good happened!...
Yeah, newish pilot & my work buddy. He needs to log a 100 hours on a single engine plane and wants some company. It'll all be a great adventure for me.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:23 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Weekenders

Nice bike Vinny, it’s got style!

Mesa enjoy your trip to collect your new truck and get together with your pals.

One delicious thing I like about being sober is in the mornings, when I used to do most of my shopping, no worry if go out early that I would be hung over from the earlier evening. I saw a post in Facebook from our local police saying they’re doing random stops for breath tests. I say bring it on! It’ll be zero.

Being sober gives us such freedom.

Have a good day all.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:43 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Not much to say. Things still difficult but hanging on in.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:59 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning chumps
Oh yes very serious about the bike

Any news on the new job MB...?

Hang in there Kaily

Hope you are all doing well