Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

How could I possibly be happy without booze? Weekenders 28 June - 01 July 2019

Notices

How could I possibly be happy without booze? Weekenders 28 June - 01 July 2019

Old 06-28-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 6 months WaterOx!

Congratulations too to USA and France for a thrilling game in the Football (soccer) World Cup It finished 2-1 in favour of the US.

I echo what others have said about the temperatures VMan, take care. London is "bracing" itself for a modest 33C/91F tomorrow in comparison.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Rose and anyone else new to the weekenders

D
Old 06-28-2019, 07:28 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.
Just checking in this evening. It's a beautiful day and going to be a beautiful night. Got my fizzy water here, just winding down.

Not going to lie. I miss somethings about drinking, or going out, or whatever....but there's no getting around the fact that my life is so much better without it. So here's to a new record. Even if I drink tomorrow (which I won't) I can at least say I made it one more step.

Happy Friday
Old 06-28-2019, 07:50 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on 6 months WaterOx
Old 06-28-2019, 09:52 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Morning

Well done Water Ox, milestones give us a little incentive a long the way. Great stuff.

Lots of newcomers, welcome to all of you.

My Dad came out of hospital on Thursday with a intravenous defibrillator fitted and a heart monitor. He is staying with me for a while. I am breathing deeply and baring up. Lived on my own so long now. You forget what it is like to have another person around. I even have to cover up and shut the bathroom door in the middle of the night now lol.

50 percent chance I will have the same heart condition. What will be will be...

Happy Saturday everyone.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

A blast from the past!

Hi everyone, I’m in!

Nice to catch up with everyone. Excellent post on the article MLD!

Hi Mesa Man I am loving it here in your part of our country. I’ve been to Ouray hiking and the Hot Springs through Montrose and up on the grand Mesa.

I met someone who toured me in the Uncompagre mountains, beautiful area.

Blessed to be here on SR too

To the newbies— quit alcohol, don’t quit SR.

NEVER thought I’d get this far. I’m living. I cry. I laugh. I get mad. I get tired. Hungry. Sad. It’s all great, and at just over a year sober feels awkward at times to feel.

Glad your dad is ok Kaily

Hi dragon and mags and Andyh and saou.

Congrats waterox. We all find our own best way. Keep up the great work.

Best to all
Old 06-28-2019, 10:55 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you Free2bme.

Kaily, that’s good of you to have your dad, I thought what MLD said about putting on a nurses hat to look after her dad, Is a good idea. Yeah it takes some getting used to having an extra person around. Do your dogs get on ok with your dad?
Old 06-29-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome Denny.
Great posts pics and vids. Really good reading.
The heat is a few degrees less than it was mid-week Andy and Sao, still hot as hell though
Have a great weekend everbody and strength to anyone struggling. Sometimes the clearest simplest closest thing in the world is the most difficult to grasp. Total Abstinence.
BTW enjoyed the ladies footy too last night.
As ever after defeat alot of critics and pundits are calling for the trainers head. It's tough in the public eye. Corinne the French ladies football trainer was the first ever woman to train a professional men's soccer team (second division Clermont Ferrand) Hats off.

How are the neighbors doing Manta..?

Shout out to our mia's

Later folks
Old 06-29-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Mr

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...coach.amp.html
Old 06-29-2019, 01:36 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning all. Saturday morning hangover-free. I don't think anyone ever wakes up thinking "damn, I wish I'd got drunk last night".

looks like being a hot one here today. I think I'm just going to chill and listen to the cricket. possibly in my hammock if I can find a couple of shady trees.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:48 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Congrats WaterOx!!

Just about to visit a cat that is up for adoption with a shelter to see if he would be a good buddy for my Alfie. x
Old 06-29-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Have a great sober weekend.
Waking up without a hangover is the BEST
Old 06-29-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

My dogs love everyone Mags although Alfie the youngest is a little taken aback by the fact that my Dad is sitting in his place!

Manta I am excited to hear if you have a new arrival and how your Alfie takes to sharing his space.

Phew it's hot!
Old 06-29-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hang in there Kaily. Sounds like everyone is already up and at em' today.

I'm finishing up chores on the farm and a little lingering computer work, and then off to the Lake for the weekend.

MB, thinking of you
Old 06-29-2019, 07:12 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Morning!
Old 06-29-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
sober style

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Sometimes the clearest simplest closest thing in the world is the most difficult to grasp. Total Abstinence.
Well put, Vman! Truer words were never spoken. Once we can get our minds around that simple idea, that the alcohol thing is over and done there in our rear view mirror, things really start falling into place.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:58 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Yes, complete abstinence is not only easier, it's way better. So many wins in that column.

I'm trying to motivate myself to get dressed. Some mornings are just not meant for leaving the jammies behind.

Off to the zoo today AND a beach walk. I may even get my car washed in the drive-through.

Have a great Saturday Soberday, ya'll.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:22 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Beach walk sounds like heaven to me! Have fun Bim x

Saw 7 candidates today as a new kitty friend for Alfie. The boy I initially enquires about was adorable but I watched him play fight with his little sister and he was biting a little too hard and quite dominating, his brother Joey was also lovely and more friendly but both of them were a little too big for Alfie so sadly had to turn them down. Then I met Minnie and Mollie, both bottle babies and absolutely tiny for heir age. Minnie was super spunky but I think she would have been too much for my boy, and they wanted the 2 kittens to go together which again would make my boy feel left out and ganged up upon if I strolled up with 2 bonded kittens so sadly had to say no for them too.

Then I met Jasmine and her 3 furballs. All gorgeous, 8 weeks old and such nice temperaments. They were playful without being overly rambunctious, let each other take turns with the toys and watched what mum did like hawks and the smallest one, a chap called Max caught my eye...he was watching mum and comically trying to copy what she was doing. I knew right there and then that he was the one! Picking him up next weekend, I hope Alfie likes him and there will be slow introductions over a period of a few weeks. x
Old 06-29-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Regarding the title, towards the end of my drunk days, I wondered how I could be happy...with booze. It was pretty disgusting.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:28 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Got up early today and was really good getting stuff done but my AV did suggest going out and getting wine since it's a nice evening but I just wrote down the pros and cons of drinking and the cons totally kicks the pros ass. It's annoying that the AV can be tempting at times but the reality is I can't drink. And I don't want to ruin the past 19days I've been sober for.
so I've some diet coke in the fridge, along with some chocolate!