Notices

New Years Weekender Thread 28 December 2018 - 2 January 2019

Old 12-30-2018, 11:29 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!!!

Welcome to newcomers! We got this....together

Right. Ex husband and I get along well, we are the parents of the twins. The older daughter is his step daughter, so nice of him to help with her. Her brain injury occurred with a horrific accident just 2 years after we married.

No, I will not have a drug addict in my home. She is homeless. Trying to coordinate detox and transitional housing for women. Talked to her PO and she said it’s against the law to bring her over state lines without the permission of Illinois accepting a criminal. Not likely to happen.

Finding out just how sick our prison systems are. They will release s homeless into the cold streets at midnight....what do they think those released are to do? No phone. No clothes. No money. No food. No shelter.

They steal. Do drugs to numb their pain. ***** their bodies for food money and then the cycle repeats 😞

Putting together a release package of a change of clothes. A pair of shoes socked one pair underpants. Bra. Top. Sweater coat. Scarf. Hat. Gloves. 😊
Old 12-30-2018, 12:50 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Prayers Petal

Welcome RAK

Free- very hard for you. You are a good mum
Old 12-30-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss Petals.
Welcome RAL
Free

D
Old 12-30-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I think that you're doing all that you can do for her, Free.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:55 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders ReadyAtLast and topazmcf! Say hello to a hangover free weekend.

Night gang!
Old 12-30-2018, 03:04 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Just went for another walk & caught a shot of the sunset.....Thanks everyone for helping me stay sober this weekend!
Old 12-30-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Free, that is hard. I'm so sorry for her and for you. I hope she finds her way to a safer life.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

(((Free))) Can't even imagine how difficult that must be....have a safe trip
Old 12-30-2018, 08:09 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Hootowlhoot View Post
Wow dragon that was lovely! Thank you for sharing. I love the uke and play a little Myself. One of my 2019 goals is to get bette.
. My dad is a jack of all trades with instruments especially stringed instruments. He likes music so much I’m actually named after an instrument (the mandolin) 😂😂His
newest thing is cigar box guitars. Check them out on YouTube, they make a really great sound and if you get your hands in one they’re pretty easy and fun to play.
Your name is mandola? Kidding.... It was the Ukulele that really sealed me into my sobriety. I got serious with it at about six months sober when I bought my first one, then later my daughter and I took lessons together. So I've been playing for about a year and half now. I recently joined up with the local Ukulele club and goto strums and jams regularly now.

It's nice to meet another ukester.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:12 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post

Just went for another walk & caught a shot of the sunset.....Thanks everyone for helping me stay sober this weekend!
Nice Picture Purps!
Old 12-30-2018, 09:21 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.

Petals - So sorry about your dog. Take care of yourself, it's a tough emotional experience you are going through.

Free - I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now. Hugs and strength to you.

Readyatlast - Great to see you here!

So, it's the last day of 2018 here. I am planning on doing exactly nothing, kicking around and then wrap it up with a boxing and a crossfit workouts later at night.

Time for more coffee.

See you.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:19 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning Weekenders. Hope everyone is well and hope the drive to your daughter went smoothly Free, been sending you love from across the pond x

Struggling today for some reason, over past few days been a lot of negative self talk in my head and when I try to tell myself it’s not true and apply some of the techniques I have learned my head is saying that this time it really is true and I am deluded and kidding myself using the tools. I have been worrying that my posts are being taken the wrong way or heard with a tone I am not using. On the other hand I am annoyed with myself as I am making it all about me and that was how I thought in active addiction, it’s not all about me! Can’t seem to get out of this negative loop in my head.

What is everyone planning for this evening? Pamper session for me, steak and going to watch a movie and an early night! Life on the edge hey haha! xx
Old 12-31-2018, 12:29 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, wishing all the best to your daughter Free. I agree with you thoughts too, releasing someone at midnight is calculated to cause additional hardship.

I will be celebrating new year with my usual Crazy Golf/Ten Pin Bowling friends. They will be drinking but not in the irresponsible way that I used to.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:15 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Happy Monday Weekenders!

it's a tough time of year if you think you're missing out by not drinking - play the tape forward to see what you're really missing out on if we need a little extra self-care to keep ourselves safe then so be it

I'm going to make myself a curry this evening & then I'll probably be asleep by 10. I was never a great fan of NYE even in my drinking days.

Dragon - here's something for you to try on the uke:

Old 12-31-2018, 01:33 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
2019 is nearly upon us.
Here's to a sober year.
Stay strong and sober folks.
V.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:01 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders. I have 1 hour left of 2018 and will be happy to see 2019, which will start with me going to bed sober at midnight for the first time in over 30 years. I actually don’t miss drinking at all at the moment. I do miss my parents being on this planet with me. Even at 50 I miss my dear Mum just as if I was still a little girl and Mum was soothing my hurts, and putting to right all the wrongs in the world ❤️ But I am glad I found sobriety before I lost her, because it would have been so much harder to deal with if I was still drinking. Now I look forward to 2019 being a much better year. A sober year. And the worst is now behind me. Happy New Year everyone, stay safe and stay sober
Old 12-31-2018, 02:16 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to all of our SR friends across the pond!

Old 12-31-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I send hugs, Willow. No hugs from mom since 1999.

I've been listening to podcasts, mostly about nutrition. Even though I know this stuff intellectually, it's good to pound it into my head. More nuts. More vegetables. Eat my protein. Sugar, NO! I've become so much healthier and my mind so much clearer in sobriety and it's in no small part due to my nutrition, so it's interesting to listen to these podcasts from these people in the nutrition field for 20/40 years.

Manta, I like your posts. I understand that feeling that everyone is talking about me. That was one thing I really needed to work on in early sobriety. Alcohol stole my healthy protective boundaries in my psyche. Early sobriety it's really hard to wrangle thoughts. How's your exercise going? If I let my physical body practices slide, everything follows.

I also found breathing exercises to be really helpful and the same with instrumental classical music on Pandora. It helped regulate my crazy overactive brain. I'm sure you already know all this, but maybe it will help someone...lurkers.

Sometimes a visual helps.

Box Breathing

Old 12-31-2018, 05:36 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Mr

Happy new year Willow and D and PJ..
May it bring you peace and love.
Xx
V.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

THANKS VMAN- 0018.....19 minutes into 19! A lot of reflection going on in my little brain at the mo. A lot of changes these last 3y (der).