Notices

Weekender Thread 09-13 August 2018

Old 08-12-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I like snakes. They have lots of king snakes out for show-and-touch at the zoo, with beautiful color patterns.

Every time I offer to give one a good home, but apparently zoos aren't in the adoption business.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Late Sunday morning in my corner of the world. Finishing coffee. Know I need to work, but do not want to. I’ve been out far from home a lot on business last couple of months and want to simply “Be Here Now” for a bit.

Thanks for the greetings and welcomes, ya’ll!
Old 08-12-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hi, Bixy! What's new with you?
Old 08-12-2018, 08:20 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Thanks, Gilmer.
Hoping all is well.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

A little sicker today than the norm—but then, I’m just coming off of an action-packed vacation with three other females under one small roof!
Old 08-12-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hi Bim... new? A lot and nothing. New job role that I am trying to learn...but otherwise still traveling a lot for work, still caring for elders, still running behind, still nutty.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Mr

The thunder and lightning is starting to crack. I think it will be an exciting night in the tent...

Goodnight weekenders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180812_181307_379.jpg (40.9 KB, 54 views)
Old 08-12-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Ooooo.....ghost stories and thunder and lightning.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Alright Alright Alright ~

Sheesh, tough Crowd, here, a few Pages back when it comes to Trucks! Hee hee. PLENTY of capacity in that 300 HP Ford F-150 to tow that 5,000 lb [~2,700 Kg] Nash Trailer, Bim. Pretend I'm not a Male, and just trust me on this one..

PhoenixJ, a pretty unremarkable Sunrise this Morning, so no Morning Butte Pix yet. There's some neato Catherdral-like 'Spire' Rock Formations nearby that I chanced upon yesterday, so I hope to photograph those later. I'm on this hilariously slow, over-subscribed 3G Cell Tower nearby. My connection speed is somewhere between ancient Dial-Up, and Carrier Pigeon, so uploading Pix is a challenge. Geek Mon, here, shall prevail as fellow Campers - and their Tower-congesting Cellphones - depart.

The Camping Experiment du Jour yesterday was to wash a few Clothes in a clean 5 Gallon Bucket while swirling them occasionally with a piece of Metal Conduit. The next Rube Goldberg iteration will be to run a 12 Volt DC Motor w/Gearing off the Trailer Solar Panels so that a clean Toilet Plunger in the Bucket does this *whunga-whunga* motion up & down on the soapy Clothes. Then, just like when Sober Days accumulate, rinse and repeat...

The Perseids last Night were chez kewl! Most of the Meteorites blazed a path parallel to the Milky Way in this lovely Dark Sky location. Tonight is purportedly the peak viewing phase. Sky Viewing is much more fun when everything is not viewed in double vision while stumbling around a Campsite. Highly recommended!
Old 08-12-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
Good Morning everyone. My, this is a very active thread, isn't it? I try to go back and read all the posts to catch up since my last post, but my mind can't concentrate that long, lol!

Trying to fight off the boredom, which is a big trigger for me. I did an hour of the paint set last night, at this rate it will take me the rest of the year to finsih, but I honestly don't know how anyone can do these things with such tiny, tiny areas to paint. Will keep at my artistic masterpiece, but i will try a jigsaw puzzle next time.

Hope everyone has a great day.
I am the world's slowest painter myself but it can be very relaxing to just not stress about the progress and enjoy it for what it is in that very moment. To make it more about the activity than the outcome (which is how I looked at it as a child).
But I also highly recommend jigsaw puzzles, painting and puzzles are two strong favourites of mine

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Morning All, big hugs to Suze!

My recovery plan includes a 30+ minute walk a day, I live near the moors and it looks like the rain is coming in! I really don't want to go out as I am sure it is going to lash down as soon as I get just far enough away from home to be too late to turn back.....but I am going to do it!! I joined the online video conference call this morning for the rehab and I didn't want to do that either but felt so much better after doing it, and I will feel better after going for a walk to. I am fighting with my "I know best" thinking today and in the past my "best" thinking got me to the "worst" places...so...sucking it up and not going to procrastinate any further. Hope everyone is having a good day, and for those that are struggling big hugs from me, you can do this! xx
I love walks too and they became an important tool in my recovery tool box. I live in a big city which isn't ideal for walks but it's possible. The nature in your photo looks amazing though! I hope you didn't get soaked!

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Kevlar ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Sending you so much love too
Thanks for the love Willow

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
How are you doing today, Suze ?

How about you, HAS?

Kev?

Probably still very tough.

But for what it's worth, we're with you and are covering you with all of our warm thoughts and prayers.
Thanks Gilmer I'm still pretty much like yesterday... I managed to eat a bit better though and I slept lots, I guess my body is pretty exhausted.

Lunar and Bim, I missed the snake topic! Sorry for opening it up again Venus.... not gonna post any pictures though!
I do like most animals a lot and reptiles are so fascinating. I don't know if I wanted them as a pet, they don't really connect much with their owners, do they?
When I was a child a friend of mine had this behind the scenes birthday party at our local aquarium and we got to feed the snakes and other reptiles and watch how they are taken care of. A small snake (I think it was a milk snake or something that looks similar) kept crawling into my sleeves and was for some reason very drawn to me, so my brain decided that snakes are friendly creatures. But I also love my pet spiders (they are just normal spiders that live in my flat but I see them as pets and are sad when they die) and even tarantulas.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Good morning Weekenders! Getting ready to work brunch today. Somehow I never get tired of seeing everyone feel like crap on Sunday morning while I feel great. I mean I do feel empathy for them I just hold on to that petty victory. I would never say it out loud. I just enjoy noticing the positive differences. Yesterday my coworker was hung over until 10pm. The other day I was sleep deprived and exhausted from my breakdown and I still felt better than even my mild hang overs. It’s scary.

On that note I’m cruising around seeing that everyone is safe. This week has been a doozy. Lots of fallout. Lots of transformation. The universe is going to rain spiritual shrapnel on us during these times but, we have the insight to to change how we deal with it.
Enjoy the brunch Plenny, and the victory of being sober when everyone around is hungover
Old 08-12-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

What a “striking” picture, Vinny!

Seriously, it is quite dramatic!
Old 08-12-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Mesa. I knew the truck was big enough. It was a good optical illusion, that image.

And I'm super impressed at your McGuyvering the washing gadget. As a woman, I would just bring more clothes.

Perseids. Drat. Cloudy again this year. That sounds spectacular.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I'd better not let my guard down.....went for a walk, did my guided meditation & AV tried to convince me Just have beer instead of wine....it's still early....

I need to go find some food!
Old 08-12-2018, 10:06 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

So ha ha.....look at the strawberries I grew....they are all very weirdly-shaped and yes I left them on too long but they are not sweet....hmmm......beginner's cluelessness?

Old 08-12-2018, 10:08 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Your AV needs to go take a walk Purps....a long walk off a short peer.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

It occurs to me that Venus has good reason not to like snakes...Aussie.

When I lived in Florida I didn't like snakes, either. Too many dangerous ones, and big ones. In Western Washington the worst we have is garter snakes.

Those strawberries, cute.

I ate some wild ones the other day. They were yummy. Tiny though, like yours.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:14 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you BixBees (metaphorically at least)

Still thinking of you Suze.

Mesa, we have some Swiss made Maxon DC Motors at work from a cancelled order. They are so well constructed they should count as works of art.

Originally Posted by lunar View Post
I think Alice Cooper originally set the whole snake thing.
Yeah, sorry about that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180812_180359.jpg (31.8 KB, 45 views)
Old 08-12-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Gilmer I hope some rest will make you feel better.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I just love you bim.

You have a wonderful way of lightening the mood and reminding us that we CAN, no matter what is happening....

So here is my snake story.....our house in Phillip Island was being built by my dad pretty much on his own and we were living in it (summertime) without fully finished brick walls or insulation yet. We had deck chairs to sit on....my 8 year old sister and myself (4) were watching tv and my sister was complaining because she couldn't hear the show properly and wanted to turn it up, but my baby sister was sleeping so my mum said: no, just move closer. So my sister slid the metal legs of the deck chair an inch or two closer to the tv. And that's when we saw it....an almighty tiger snake on the gold rug about two feet away from us. My sister screamed, I jumped up backwards and my mum ran and grabbed the baby, chucked her in my sister's arms, told us to get out get out and me to run run run Suzanne and get Mr Tetley....neighbour two houses over who had a gun....this is Australia....so not many people do. But he was a country bloke and he had rifles. So I did...ran screaming across the grass "Mr Tetley, Mr Tetley, come quick" and he did....and when we got back to my house, my mum was standing there, in the middle of the lungeroom with dirt and sweat and soaked hair and a broom and a very very dead snake. She had literally bashed it to death. She looked at us and started shaking....and Bill Tetley took the broom out of her hand and hugged her. Told her how brave she was.

Tiger snakes are deadly. This one was over three foot ~ they measured it....my mum passed out after that.

The end.