Notices

Weekender Thread 09-13 August 2018

Old 08-11-2018, 10:23 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Sending you so much love Suze ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you support us all of us so much, now lean on us for support, we all love you ❤️❤️❤️
Old 08-11-2018, 10:24 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Kevlar ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Sending you so much love too
Old 08-11-2018, 10:43 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Just nervously ate a pint of ice cream can Mercury retrograde please be over this is just unreal. Next time I hope I can just sleep in a bunker with internet access and snacks for the entire duration. Love to you all
Old 08-11-2018, 10:58 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

((((Plenny)))) ❤️
Old 08-11-2018, 11:02 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Mr

Take care Penny.
Howdy Willow !
Old 08-11-2018, 11:07 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Suze, I think you are an amazing person, you can get through this.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:18 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Bix!
Old 08-11-2018, 11:28 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

support and prayers Suze
Old 08-11-2018, 11:44 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hi Vman
Old 08-12-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
sober style

Hi to my friends Vman and Venuscat and all the rest of the elite Weekender crew!
Old 08-12-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

How are you doing today, Suze ?

How about you, HAS?

Kev?

Probably still very tough.

But for what it's worth, we're with you and are covering you with all of our warm thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning All, big hugs to Suze!

My recovery plan includes a 30+ minute walk a day, I live near the moors and it looks like the rain is coming in! I really don't want to go out as I am sure it is going to lash down as soon as I get just far enough away from home to be too late to turn back.....but I am going to do it!! I joined the online video conference call this morning for the rehab and I didn't want to do that either but felt so much better after doing it, and I will feel better after going for a walk to. I am fighting with my "I know best" thinking today and in the past my "best" thinking got me to the "worst" places...so...sucking it up and not going to procrastinate any further. Hope everyone is having a good day, and for those that are struggling big hugs from me, you can do this! xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1847.JPG (79.4 KB, 46 views)
Old 08-12-2018, 04:12 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

That is beautiful, ML--but yes.

I'm afraid a downpour does look imminent!
Old 08-12-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Morning everyone

That is a very cool pic Manta reminds me of when I was in Scotland last year, it was very beautiful
Old 08-12-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

If I didn't take a walk nearly every day I would be so lost. It centers me, brings me back to the Big Picture.

I live in a very rainy part of the world, so I have jackets and hoodies and leather boots. Ain't a little bit o' drizzle going to keep me inside. It really does save me. I always see something new I haven't seen before and have some interaction with wildlife. That keeps my feet on the ground and lets my head be in the clouds - instead of dwelling on whatever problems are going on in my little inner storm.

Today I will not drink.

For those just starting out - if you get that bit right, you've had a successful day.

If this doesn't make you smile and dance in your chair, you're not human. Better yet, get up! No one is looking.

"Don't lose you..." ...If you're going through stuff right now, don't lose you.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Good morning Weekenders! It’s Sunday am here in the US. Thinking of Suze and sending strength and hope to her and anyone who’s struggling! Together we are stronger! 🏋🏻*♂️🏋🏻*♂️🏋🏻*♂️
Day 68 here and grateful for another sober morning, with no regrets, just a willingness to walk through today clear headed and sure of only one thing... I will not drink today under any circumstance! Heading to church for some nourishment for the week and then hanging with my sponsor today!! I can’t believe the friendship that has blossomed from a complete stranger. Its like my higher power knew we needed to be together in this... she’s amazing and full of wisdom and it’s simply amazing! I finally have surrendered to the fact that I’m an alcoholic and I couldn’t kick this beast alone, which I thought I had to do... how wrong I was! God (as I understand),SR, AA and my support system has carried me when I couldn’t walk, and still do daily. 68 days ago I didn’t think even 1 day was possible. All I knew was that I needed help, help I couldn’t give myself and I’ve found it and I’m holding on! Easy, NO but sooo very worth each battle! Thank you SR tribe... I genuinely love you all near and far!
24AAT 👣. Just for today! 💕
Old 08-12-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
If I didn't take a walk nearly every day I would be so lost. It centers me, brings me back to the Big Picture.

I live in a very rainy part of the world, so I have jackets and hoodies and leather boots. Ain't a little bit o' drizzle going to keep me inside. It really does save me. I always see something new I haven't seen before and have some interaction with wildlife. That keeps my feet on the ground and lets my head be in the clouds - instead of dwelling on whatever problems are going on in my little inner storm.

Today I will not drink.

For those just starting out - if you get that bit right, you've had a successful day.

If this doesn't make you smile and dance in your chair, you're not human. Better yet, get up! No one is looking.

"Don't lose you..." ...If you're going through stuff right now, don't lose you.

Bimini...Thank you for this!! I love you!! 💕
Dance like nobody is watching!! We won’t lose us!! 💕 Just for today!!
Old 08-12-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone. My, this is a very active thread, isn't it? I try to go back and read all the posts to catch up since my last post, but my mind can't concentrate that long, lol!

Trying to fight off the boredom, which is a big trigger for me. I did an hour of the paint set last night, at this rate it will take me the rest of the year to finsih, but I honestly don't know how anyone can do these things with such tiny, tiny areas to paint. Will keep at my artistic masterpiece, but i will try a jigsaw puzzle next time.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders - I've been catching up reading earlier posts and I'm super grateful I dropped in. This forum reminds me that I'm not alone - that we are strong even in the face of some really yuck things that happen to us along our sober journey. Regardless of what is going on in my life I know that there is a group of supportive people here for me lending an ear and support. I'm sending positive thoughts and big hugs to those struggling. Stay strong and true to yourself - you are sooooo worth it!
Old 08-12-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Gee Suze, sorry to hear all this.
My brother-in-law brought over his computer yesterday for me to fix,
and I missed it all, until this morning.

Hang in there, Venus.
Here for ya'