SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 09-13 August 2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/431054-weekender-thread-09-13-august-2018-a.html)

Dee74 08-09-2018 01:21 AM

Weekender Thread 09-13 August 2018

I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time, and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cb/6b/52/c...gic-quotes.jpg

D

andyh 08-09-2018 01:28 AM

thanks Dee :)

theVman31 08-09-2018 01:52 AM

Thanks Dee.
Hey Andy :wavey:
Have a great day and weekend weekenders.

Our friends from Ireland got here yesterday and it was such a great evening. Barbecue, pool and fun with the kids, drinks for the normal drinkers on the terrace. We were joking and laughing until 02:00 in the morning. It really was fab.

Manta (from the end of old thread) how everything is going to be OK for your pet cat...
Courage to you.

V.

andyh 08-09-2018 01:58 AM

morning Vinnie :wavey:

hope you & Ollie get on okay at the vet's Manta :hug: :kitty:

Dee74 08-09-2018 02:09 AM

best wishes Manta and Ollie :)

D

mns1 08-09-2018 04:06 AM

I’m in. Trying to plan something to shake up my weekend routine. Maybe visit a musem I’ve never been to or something.

CaptainHaddock 08-09-2018 04:07 AM

Afternoon all, I am in for the weekend. We have a public holiday today, and many have put in leave for tomorrow as well to transform it into a long weekend. I, regrettably, am under the whip and will be reporting for work tomorrow as usual.

theVman31 08-09-2018 04:11 AM

Welcome to the weekender mns1.
Nice to see you Captain :wavey:

John65 08-09-2018 04:18 AM

Hello weekenders, I'm in.

Snufkin 08-09-2018 04:21 AM

Yay, new Weekender! Thanks Dee. :)

I'm in! :D Sadly working again this weekend... including a double shift on Sunday... ah well. :)

MantaLady, I'm thinking of you and Ollie! :hug:

CaptainHaddock, so good to see you! :) How are you doing today?

biminiblue 08-09-2018 04:21 AM

This will be my 232nd Alcohol Free weekend in a row.

Of course I'm in!

Go ahead. Jump in. :) Posting takes the power out of your fears.

http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/163...ersion=1632532

Shotgun?

Willow00 08-09-2018 04:22 AM

Hi everyone :wavey:
Thursday night here 9.20pm and I’m off to sleep. Working in the morning. Thankfully I have a quiet weekend at home planned, so hopefully the AV is really tired and bored from being ignored so hopefully it’ll leave me alone for the weekend after I managed to ignore its constant whining and pleading last weekend with family and travelling ... it tired me out so hopefully now it’s too tired to do battle and I can get some rest myself :)

Sweetpeacan 08-09-2018 04:31 AM

Thank you Dee.

So agree with you Willow. It's only Day 18 for me and looking forward to a restful weekend. AV and I have had some pretty tiring battles and I think for now it's off having a strop &sulk, so used to me caving. Not this time AV, I will have another day no matter what.

Hello Weekenders, nice to be here again with you all. Have a good day. SP xx

MantaLady 08-09-2018 04:35 AM

You are an inspiration Bim, 232 weekends! Way to go :)

Snufkin, weather over here is meant to turn a bit pants over the weekend so at least you won't be working while everyone is out there enjoying the sunshine lol.

Night Willow! Sleep tight xx

Ollie my darling little man is now in cat heaven chasing mice and butterflies, sitting on a warm windowsill watching the world go by and he can eat anything he wants as in cat heaven he is not allergic to anything anymore! It was very sad to have to make that decision, but at 21 it was his time and better he go out this way than selfishly putting him through what was only going to get worse and worse and he would have had no quality of life.

I am going to have a little day of tears, just because I will miss his handsome little face around this joint, but I have no regrets and know this was the right thing for him. Rest in peace my wonderful man! xx

andyh 08-09-2018 04:38 AM

sorry to hear about Ollie Manta, hope you are doing okay :hug:

Dee74 08-09-2018 04:39 AM

l`m sorry but I'm very proud of you for making that decision MantaLady :hug:

D

biminiblue 08-09-2018 04:40 AM

Aw. Rest in Peace, Ollie kitty.

:grouphug: Mantalady.

PhoenixJ 08-09-2018 04:42 AM

support Manta- you are growing
Congrats BB
Support to all

MantaLady 08-09-2018 04:45 AM

Today has just reinforced how much I want to stay sober. I called the vet and got an emergency appointment, went down to my car and the lights had been turned on by one of the neighbours that don't like me (I left the car unlocked and was driving out in the sunshine yesterday so definately didn't put the lights on myself). Hence the battery was flat so couldn't go anywhere, then I called the AA to come jump start my car. One of my nice neighbours said she would drive me to the vet, I was so grateful. Normally I would have got some wine on the way home from the vet in situations and mornings like this and got absolutely hammered. I couldn't think of anything I would like to do less than drink right now, I want to feel this sadness and heartbreak, my boy deserves that and so do I. xx

Dee74 08-09-2018 04:49 AM

:You_Rock_

D