Notices

Weekender Thread 09-13 August 2018

Old 08-12-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Wow, Suze. Your mom was a frickin' rockstar!
Yea, awsome story venus....
Old 08-12-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
...I finally have surrendered to the fact that I’m an alcoholic and I couldn’t kick this beast alone, which I thought I had to do... how wrong I was!...
I know right? Had I asked for help instead of 'doing it' myself, the suffering would've stopped sooo much sooner. I dunno why but I had to prove I could do it first and couldn't ask for help. Crazy eh?
Old 08-12-2018, 07:57 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

So with it being so darn hot out I didn't get much done this weekend. Saw the Star wars movie 'Solo' and watched a few episodes of 'lost in space'. I'm back to work in the morning after 2 1/2 weeks off.

I just bought the new ABR album 'The Shape of Blues to Come'.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...se_Blues_Revue
I have not listened to it yet. I have it queued up in the car ready for my morning drive into work. I'll be thinking of you Purps as I turn it up to 11.

G'night and congrats to all on another sober weekend.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:30 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all the weekenders.
Well done to mns1 Rae and Forme... Keep it up.

We have small little snakes in the hot summer in the mountains around rocks or walls called vipers. I don't know how big they can get but the few I have seen were 1m or less. They are however dangerous for hikers and hill walkers. Ideally every hiker should have an anti venom syringe but as I said that's ideally.

It was a scary enough night in the tent. We ended up researching tenting and thunder and lightning. We shouldn't have

Have a great day weekenders.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Sounds like you made it thru the night tho vman. everything still intact?
Old 08-13-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Mr

Yes we hesitated going into the car for a while but we braved it. Our tent kept us dry. We are now hiking and stopped off at a little mountain refuge.
I don't know if it is my 42 years or if there is a link with abstinence and sobriety but I have never suffered more muscle aches and aches in articulations. Back pain and sciatica...

Any else notice pain and aches after getting sober?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180813_133618_344.jpg (50.3 KB, 87 views)
Old 08-13-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Vman, I had a lot of aches and pains in really early sobriety, but not any more. Maybe you need to hike more. A night in a tent with a thunderstorm sounds interesting. I really love storms, but I dunno...

Rae, ForMe, and mns1, really well done. You get gold stars. You know, the sticky kind you put on your foreheads.

The snakey and rat stories are great. Venus, your story was just what I would imagine happening in AU. I've seen too many, "Terrible Creatures," Netflix shows.

I had a nice quiet sober weekend. Good home-cooked meals, exercise on each day and a proper sleep routine keeps me on an even keel.

Onward to week 233.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Vman, I look at that picture and all I see is wood, a very unforgiving hard surface.

Sleeping on the ground is hard and unforgiving too, even with air mattresses!

I have an amusing camping story.

It was November 1996 and I was heavily pregnant. My husband, three kids and I went camping in the Blue Ridge foothills, led by our friend, who had hiked the Appalachian Trail.

The kids and I crammed into the tent to sleep, and the guys slept on the ground under the stars.

But sometime in the night the stars must have gone away, because they woke up to a downpour! They got drenched.

Drenched with no sleep: the very epitome of the term “not a happy camper.”

We never camped again!
Old 08-13-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
I just bought the new ABR album 'The Shape of Blues to Come'.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...se_Blues_Revue
I have not listened to it yet. I have it queued up in the car ready for my morning drive into work. I'll be thinking of you Purps as I turn it up to 11.

It's a good one! Going to another show next month....hopefully they'll make it up your way so you can see them too!
Old 08-13-2018, 06:15 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Good morning...

I am feeling pretty crap. Craving the feeling of “just one or two”. Why can’t we get that anywhere else? Of course I know it can’t be had in drink either. But why cant we have that...anywhere?

My mind is far from right.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Bixy

Are you newly sober again? Because that craving lessens in time - continuous sober time is the cure.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

(((Bix))) So sorry you feel crappy....I hate when that happens! Glad you are here and posting
Old 08-13-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Yes. New. Again. Crap.

I know, bim.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Vman, I am 44 and starting to exercise too, do more walking and parts of me are hurting that I didn't know existed! I can definately feel a massive difference from only just 5 years ago but hoping the aches and pains will lessen the more I do! I think it's partly early sobriety and partly I age lol.

Saying that I did an aqua class today and all the attendees were little old ladies so I felt fine as wasn't having to keep up with skinny, young and beautiful gym bunnies! Was a bit of a laugh really and could track the calorie burn on my apple watch in the pool, thought that was pretty snazzy. Yesterday for the first day I stormed it with reaching my health goals set on the watch, quite proud and definately need the motivation and goals to keep me moving. So with that in mind I am only half way done on my calorie burn for the say so I am going back to the gym to do my workout plan, I can watch my own netflix on the machines so might just have a leisurely bike ride indoors (raining cats and dogs here) and watch some ep's of a series I am into at the moment.

Keep hanging in there Bix, as Bim says the cure is a more sober time and these cravings will lessen, just distract yourself for now and keep posting! xx
Old 08-13-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone.

Venuscat/Suzanne - I saw what you are going through and I am so sorry. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Xoxo.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Mr

Hang in there Bix.
Good stuff Manta.
Thanks for the replies Bim and Kathy

I used to play quite a bit of squash and a little trail running in between getting hammered and binging but stopped up about 3 months ago because of sciatica and disc problems. Some more hiking won't hurt. Time will tell

So who went back to work today after holidays...?
Old 08-13-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Thank you Julia....I wanted so much to call you but I was too ashamed....too sad....you saw how much that man loves/d me.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

afternoon all. hope everyone made it safely through the weekend

much love & support to anyone struggling - whatever the problem, drinking is not the answer
Old 08-13-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

For those in need of a Monday chuckle

Wanna see how the best rockstars prepare backstage for a show?!? Dancin' to the Bee Gees!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmbMsIun...en-by=godsmack

(This a different video from the one I shared on the Soberbus a while back....yes, the silliness continues! )
Old 08-13-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
It was November 1996 and I was heavily pregnant. My husband, three kids and I went camping in the Blue Ridge foothills, led by our friend, who had hiked the Appalachian Trail.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!