Notices

Weekender Thread 12 - 16th July 2018

Old 07-14-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Saturday morning and you know what that means...

Sober Saturday mornings never get old.

I'm glad you came back HAS, stick around and kick that negative voice to the curb. You're a good person who gets off-balance when alcohol is in the picture. Good job tipping it out. Today is a new start, don't get more.

Good to see the new names in the thread...and good to see Soberwolf and Snufkin!

That Husky. I'm sure I've told the Husky story before but I'm old so I get to be repetitive.

I was in Georgia visiting my parents. They rarely get any snow, but it was snowing. They lived in the middle of nowhere. A pickup truck pulls in the driveway with a Husky in the bed and a lady gets out and asks us if we know where the Husky lives, "It's snowing! I'm worried about him out in the snow!"

Old 07-14-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morninnnnnnng!

It's so great to see such an active thread, HAS looks like you have lots of support here. Hope you keep coming back. It takes time, as you know. As it was said here, never quit quitting.

Congrats on five years wolf!

Hi Snuff!

And Hi every one else!

Glad to have air conditioning today!
Old 07-14-2018, 05:28 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

My air conditioning consists of an old recycled refrigerator that needs a new gasket.

*lesigh*
Old 07-14-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Heyy Weekenders! I’m trying to catch up with you from page 1, but it’s gonna take a while...

I’m in for a sober weekend tho.
Hi love....'fraid I can't catch up....so I will just say hello and good morning and good afternoon and good evening Aussies.....and man oh man what the heck happened to Hawthorn AFL lovers....which is only me I guess.....always amusing when a top team gets killed by the bottom team in footy.

And hello dear bim.

s ♥♥♥
Old 07-14-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hi Venus,

Mrs. Dragon and I watched our first AFL footy game the other night. We found it a bit confusing but enjoyed trying to work out the basic rules just by watching. Then I was suprised to find we have some fans at work that know the game quite well.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:46 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Ah, lovely Dragon.
Nick was confused at first as well.

Big hugs for you. ♥
Old 07-14-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Good morning US side!! Feeling way better today and it’s a sober 39 kinda morning!! Slept ok and the funk disappeared with some good rest... so crazy how the AV funk catches me when I’m tired. Cool thing is I recognize it now more than ever and I don’t have to drink but rather divert!

Not sure what the day holds but for now it’s checking in here, doing my morning mediation’s and prayer and hitting a meeting... and not living in my will for the day! The rest will be fabulous whatever it is!! Maybe some World Cup, maybe a book, definitely some outdoor life! Have a super Saturday or Sunday pending locations!!
💕🤗🏋🏻*♂️
Old 07-14-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone and wow....this is such an active thread!! This is just what I need, so thanks for being here!

Getting ready to head out on my trip in a few hours. I have bookmarked this page for support if things get "wobbly" for this "weeble", but I am feeling pretty good about things. I was picturing myself at the beach bar with my friends (they only have one beer and that is it) and thinking that I will be drinking a nice refreshing iced tea or some other "mock-tail."

All have a great Saturday!
Old 07-14-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

LHW, Good visualization. Don't forget to walk it off if you get overwhelmed! Shake it off, Champ!

Always nap time on vacay, too.

Well done, Minion.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:15 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

From my personal experience Mantal- people in rehab/early recovery who are excited about new milestones, new info, new possibilities are the ones who succeed. WELL DONE!

The rules of AFL are simple- one person gets the ball..and the other side try to kill them.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi Snuf, very good to see you around! I'll be checking in on how things have been for you on your thread (and of course in our little Aug 2017 class).

Well, my parents are coming over to us for dinner. Both are very light drinkers (one glass of wine per occasion) and so too Mrs Haddock. There will be wine around, but I am just not having any!

Huge leg of lamb just prepped for the Weber charcoal braai. Starting now already as its being cooked for at least three hours.

Have a great sober Saturday, weekenders!
Old 07-14-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

That sounds delicious. I bet it will fall right off the bone after 3 hours!
Old 07-14-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer, I hope so! There's going to be a lot of leftovers though, in need of recycling.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

My computer is fixed! (Hopefully). I just have to let the battery fully drain naturally and make sure it charges. If that works, I am in the clear! Woo hoo! I thought it was gone forever. I'll be around more once I get all my stuff back in order. I have a lot to catch up on.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Yey!!!! Glad to hear that love.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

YCDT2, I love the symbolism of your avatar!
Old 07-14-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Good Saturday Morning Weekenders!! I have declared a stop to housework, time get the boat out and enjoy the time with husband and dogs.

Take care all!

badge
Old 07-14-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders bunchie! I would say the best thing you can do at the weekend is to be as active as possible, in ways that do not involve drinking obviously. This will make it easier to go to bed at a reasonable time and minimise the cravings window.

Welcome too YCDT2, I hope your computer does work.

I have just been asked by a tourist how to get to Laycester Square. You have to feel sorry for visitors, almost nothing here is pronounced the way it is spelled because the spelling of name places is so arcane. Btw they mean Leicester Square - which is pronounced as if it were spelled Lester
Old 07-14-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

I do not feel sorry for them Sao. Sorry. Just no.

When I was in Paris many years ago, I was extremely amused by a French waitress who was outraged by the horrendous attempt an Aussie country boy was making whilst ordering food.....

I will never forget....he looked at her, so confused and said: SEAL VOO PLES?

She said "merde" and walked away.
I will say that after laughing at him I helped him.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:52 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Greetings, all.

Have a lovely day!