Notices

Weekender Thread 12 - 16th July 2018

Old 07-13-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Mr

Sprint finish as expected today with dutchman Dylan Groenewegen taking the honours.

Stay safe stay sober.

Goodnight weekenders.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:24 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good evening weekenders. I'm checking in a bit late and still have to catch up from page 1.

Please bear with me, but I just have to say I am super stoked that my countryman, Kevin Anderson, has just made it to the Wimbledon tennis final!

Last edited by CaptainHaddock; 07-13-2018 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-13-2018, 12:32 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Happy Sober Friday Weekenders! it's rather a pleasant, slightly cooler evening here & looks like being a nice weekend.

England-Brussels tomorrow - how lucky that that can't be construed as a metaphor for anything

I'll be listening to India (probably) demolishing England in the cricket instead.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Free2bme!

Badge - once you have hit the YouTube icon just type everything after the = sign taking care with O's and 0's, and small l's and capital I's
Old 07-13-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

It's high temps and humidity where I am. I am looking forward to a quiet sober weekend this weekend.
I went to the library today and got a nice selection of books and audiotapes.
Happy Sober Weekend everyone
Old 07-13-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Welcome to Weekenders Tynesider22! I will be watching too.

So you're not paraskevidekatriaphobic then? (I have only just heard of the term but it is my word of the week now)

Just gone 5pm here, almost home time. We are set for a fair weekend here in Blighty, I don't intend spending any of it hungover.
When I googled it, this also came up: Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: the fear of long words
Old 07-13-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Get OFF my road :
Extreme sports! I got chased by a ram once, it was rather scary. I’m glad I wasn’t on a bicycle.

I also got attacked by a kangaroo when I was a little girl. Man they can kick! It was much bigger than me. It put its front paws on my shoulders, stood on it’s tail and laid into me with it’s hind legs. Mum the superhero saved me. We were at a wildlife park and we were feeding them grain. I guess I didn’t feed it fast enough. I remember there being lots of tears. More from fright than injury. But ice cream saved the day as it does still
Old 07-13-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Refrigerator #4 will be delivered Thursday.

That's all I have to say about that.

Maybe I should watch Forrest Gump tonight. I'm over it.

No cocktails and no drugs. I did buy a $1 pack of cookies. . .so I guess I'll skip that big dinner and just go with carrots and tuna.

G'nite W-enders. Stay close if you're struggling. Nothing good is at the bottom of a bottle. Time for relaxin' at the couch.

for Venus:

Old 07-13-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I know a young guy- very fit, disappeared for a week from meetings and casually said he had ridden his bike to Melbourne from Adelaide...about 8-900k (one way).
He was on just such a marathon bike ride with his dad- and his booze stash had run out- so on the excuse of needing to think- rode his bike 40k's to the nearest town to buy booze, then rode back to his dad.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

BB..here's hoping 4 times a charm...or at least a chill~

I am at the beautiful Hyatt Regency in Chicago. Very proud of myself for driving my car successfully in heart of downtown...IN RUSH HOUR. Whew! Got myself here with no incident.

WORLD CUP LOVERS...this is MUST see entertainment...especially lovers of ENGLAND. This is Hitler's reaction to the world cup. Very funnyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3SsM1RYdI4
Old 07-13-2018, 07:58 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Welcome to Weekenders Tynesider22! I will be watching too.

So you're not paraskevidekatriaphobic then? (I have only just heard of the term but it is my word of the week now)

Just gone 5pm here, almost home time. We are set for a fair weekend here in Blighty, I don't intend spending any of it hungover.

https://youtu.be/Pis51CRnBRk
Old 07-13-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I've probably said it here or somewere on SR a few times; I love the heat. I love it when it's hot outside. Plus 30 everyday is fine with me. Except when it finds it's way inside the house. Came home today to find the air conditioner konked out. And it was a plus 32 day. Called the repairman, then went to Dairy Queen for supper while we wait our turn for him to come around. $300 and a new start capacitor later we have cool air.

I was panicking a bit because the forecast is calling for +34c tomorrow. I'm grateful that I can go out an play in the heat and quickly retreat back inside.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:23 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Checking in to the weekenders! Struggle bus is at the station tonight. Started to feel under the weather as the day progressed today... summer allergies or a cold, not sure which but ughhh! Had a solid week... 38 days to a close with little chatter from the AV till tonight. Just going to get in bed and ignore. The tired of HALT is Yelling! Sober is far greater just gotta plug on and soar above this fleeting moment. It is one more for me and although feeling yuck, it doesn’t come close to picking up that drink and the crappy day that would follow. Thanks for listening to me blabber... all will be better tomorrow... yup!
Old 07-13-2018, 10:12 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome to the weekender hopeful.

Morning all.

We had a cracker of a thunder and lightning storm here last night... It's cool as bim fridge this morning.

Have a great sober day.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:29 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

im not sober but trying to start my own company i can't cope. this is what alcoholism is this inability to live and deal with life. i need to get sober but i don't know how anymore.

i need some help. please help me.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

nothing got me sober no catrastofy no stay on the looney tune for 4 days no disaster who ruin my life. i am like that animal who transform i do that and keep going wrecking some more where is the end im scared.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:34 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Do your best

Kevin Anderson is a G for the way he played against federer some of his shots defied gravity i was like what !?

Anyway have a great sober weekend
Old 07-13-2018, 10:35 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

i still got my marriage but i am scared because i got drunk and went out with some guy who live in y building when he brought me to a hotel i yell i am married so i took a cab and came home. still it was bad i was drinking with him all day.

im lost i don't know how to stop.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:36 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

i guess no one can help me
Old 07-13-2018, 10:38 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

even God desert me why?