Notices

Weekender Thread 12 - 16th July 2018

Old 07-13-2018, 11:40 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

i want to do that again Dee in my thread. But i feel such a loser i don't even go to that thread no more. i am a failure.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:42 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Honey, you're not a failure. We all have our good and bad times. If you want to quit booze, you have to find a way to put the bottle down.
Best of luck to you.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyandsober View Post
i was working before i just lost my .....desire .... my will... i don't know
This is a time where you should ignore the AA philosophy that you are powerless over alcohol and reclaim control. No sense in beating yourself up over slip-ups. You can regain control... just like so many others before you.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Mr

Thanks Andy

Hang in there H&S.
You can do it but it can take time.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:01 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Time is probably what it will take. It is worth it. You are worth it. It's so hard at first, but you can do it.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:11 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Very new to sobriety

I have been sober 3 days, trouble sleeping and the weekend is what kills me, I work nights and get home by 6 . I drank on Sundays by 12 on 4-5 hours asleep , then I would stay out till last call. I have let my family down I feel terrible , ridden with guilt, had a severe blackout my last night drinking it's why I am here now . I am looking for advice on the routine of early sober newcomers. I am going to try AA, starting tomorrow but the meetings are scarce in my area in mornings and I am working 6 nights a week.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Welcome, Bunchie. All I can say is try to get to the meetings you can and stay close to SR. There are so many threads here that should help you until you can get to a meeting. Good luck and take care, Aly ♥
Old 07-14-2018, 12:22 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning, hangover free Saturdays never lose their appeal.

Welcome to Weekenders Hopeful, Minion, Marcutah, TeeJayVerm! Great to have you on the thread.

Great to see yoo too Soberwolf.

Healthyandsober i'm glad you posted and tipped the poison away. You're not a failure, you just have not found that frame of mind that says "i'm not going to drink no matter how much I want one." I was 54 by the time I reached that point so you are doing better than me. You can do it.

Extreme sports, I got set on by a gaggle of geese once who took exception to the presense of a Southchik in their midst. Animals seem to sense that I am a town boy. In those films where people are stranded in the wilderness I woukd be the first one to die, picked of by a hawk or something.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:26 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Bunchie, Get to as many meetings as you can in your area and let SR fill in. I would recommend getting to as many meetings as you can. Let SR fill in where it works. No telling anyone what to do, that doesn't fit into your life, find another way. Good luck. Love, Aly ♥
Old 07-14-2018, 12:31 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

HAS- everyone here has a crap story behind them. That is not to devalue yours- it means people here understand only too well. I know this- and also understand very well..the shame,guilt,lonely gut wrenching desire just to seek oblivion by booze...the failure bit- hell, I was raised on that. SR has a lot of tools that can help...making a plan and so on. I NEED daily support and I have to affirm to myself everyday that I CANNOT ever again drink, be-c next time I will do it right and die. So the first bit is accepting booze is out, that a plan is necessary and daily support- here, for me, plus meetings and professional support.
Support to you.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:01 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Welcome HAS. Once you again have a few sober days under your belt, I'm sure you'll regain the mindset required to treasure and protect that. I lost that when I was in the midst of a binge, like a switch that got turned off. When I regain sobriety I wonder to myself how on earth could I have cared less when I was drinking.

Welcome Bunchie and congrats on 3 days. We are all here to make sure we stay sober this weekend.

Good to see you Soberwolf!

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
...I would be the first one to die, picked of by a hawk or something.
Hillarious Sao!

Last edited by CaptainHaddock; 07-14-2018 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Supplement
Old 07-14-2018, 01:13 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Mr

Bunchie the early days are obviously the worst. For most that means cold sweats night sweats anxiety though the roof dehydration greasy oily skin crawling depending on your liver fully bloodshot eyes... One tip : drink loads of water even if it is not your thing. Two: multivitamins.
Go see your gp if it's too hard.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:25 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

It’s great to see you, HAS. I’m sorry that you’re sad—drinking exaggerates sadness 100%.

Don’t be disheartened. Determine to keep on quitting, no matter how many times you fail. If one method doesn’t work, add other methods. Never stop quitting, and you’ll eventually succeed.

Don’t sabotage yourself with self-hatred—channel that passion into recovery.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:26 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Welcome newcomers!

Hi, SW!
Old 07-14-2018, 02:08 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Saturday night sober so tomorrow will be a lovely hangover free Sunday, ahhh it doesn’t get old!

Hope fridge number 4 is the one that sorts it out for you Bim! What a pain in the butt!

Hope you kept the AV at bay and got some sleep Minion, you’re doing great! Keep posting ❤️

HAS I feel sad you’re feeling so low, it’s not fun at all being in that hole of despair, I’ve been there too, I think we all have. I hope you ditched the wine and you get some sleep, tomorrow is a brand new day, there’s lots of people for support here to help you get and stay sober ❤️

Love the happy dog Andy, thank you

Hang in there Bunchie, it gets easier and it gets better ❤️

Sao, I’ve heard geese can get really cranky, a pack of geese, that would be a bit freaky

Have a great Saturday everyone, a lovely sober early night for me, good night ❤️ xx
Old 07-14-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Bunchie

D
Old 07-14-2018, 02:55 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Heyy Weekenders! I’m trying to catch up with you from page 1, but it’s gonna take a while...

I’m in for a sober weekend tho.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:20 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Mr

Nice to see you back in the weekender Snufkin.
Enjoy the sober weekend.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

That nightmare won't happen this weekend...

Have a good day Weekenders!
Old 07-14-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hey Everyone! H&S, I am glad you are posting and still have some fight left in you, you should be proud of yourself for not giving up, that takes courage. We all fall down, the winners are the ones that always get back up for another round and your back in the ring ready to fight for your life xx

Today has been the best day! Went to an AA meeting where we also caught up with the people who have moved on from the rehab to the sober house and was lovely to see everyone. The share today was also inspirational and this person’s tenacity and passion for recovery was infectious, very grateful she came along and feel honoured to have been there to hear it. I also read the anonymity statement at the end in front of 40 people which I could never have done a month ago with the anxiety I came into rehab with!

Then I went to my first TRE class, didn’t know what to expect and did feel a bit of a plank at first but it was really fun and the calmness I felt afterwards was surprising. It’s a trauma release exercises, should be stuff on google about it and highly recommend it to anyone that finds it hard to release stress in a healthy way. Then I started doing homework and actually doing it properly with focus
and honesty for a change. Then a knock on my door and one of the staff reminded me I had a Thai massage in 5 minutes...what a wonderful day.

Take care everyone, keep up the good fight and show yourselves some love and kindness today xx