Notices

Weekender Thread 28th June to 2nd July 2018

Old 06-28-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
How quickly things can change in rehab. Had a bad nights sleep, got quite upset doing my timeline and woke up to texts from my mum that weren’t very nice about my dad and how she felt and how he treated her. I really didn’t need to hear that as this is supposed to be my time to work out my feelings, my mum has a habit of making everything about her. Then I went to breakfast and there were people with loud music shouting and swearing at 6:30am, we’re not allowed music on or computers in the communal areas (feeling already angry and listening to loud death metal at 6:30am did nothing for my mood). Had meditation and at the end of the session just as you have opened your eyes one girl who has a voice like a foghorn started whining and whinging about her son’s teacher using bad language and an angry tone, spoilt the meditation for me and I really needed some peace. I missed the group session as got so overwhelmed and had so much anxiety I just couldn’t muster the strength to go. Afterwards I was told as I hadn’t been to the class that I was not allowed to go swimming! Well, With all the feelings I had inside this was the straw that broke the camels back and I flipped my lid and demanded my passport and money and told them to get me an f’ing taxi right now, I was outta there. I’m a grown woman and not being treated like some naughty child, I was absolutely livid!

My counsellor talked with me, calmed me down and told the staff that I was to be allowed to swim. I have chatted with some clients here who I trust and are very nice people who gave me good advice so all is better now and not going home lol.
I think it's absolutely wonderful that you stood up for yourself like that. Really. Also very glad you decided to stay.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bernie8402 View Post
Im in for another sober weekend. Escaping the Vegas heat and heading to San Diego for the weekend to visit my brother before he heads out on deployment next weekend. Have a great weekend everyone!
Bernie
You too Bernie.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Man, cute kids! Leon and MesaDog. Just the right amount of responsibility IMO.

MesaMan, I miss you. Life-long childless by choice. Represent!

#MeToo

Doing my part for over-population.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Man, cute kids! Leon and MesaDog. Just the right amount of responsibility IMO.

MesaMan, I miss you. Life-long childless by choice. Represent!

#MeToo

Doing my part for over-population.
Ditto!!! I love my nieces and nephews, but my kids will all be furry and four-legged (Well of course unless I get a kitty like Leon! LOL He is just too stinkin' cute!)
Old 06-28-2018, 09:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Having my birthday pot luck dinner with sober friends from inpatient and outpatient rehabs tonight. Wanna see some live music this weekend.

Last year was my first birthday without being drunk or stoned in years, I had gotten sober about 6 weeks prior, and was still physically and mentally on a roller coaster. This year I am grateful to be mindful, present and still not drinking.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Leon seems to be enjoying it tho.

I hope he's got some sun cream on!
Old 06-28-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you GBE, Bernie, MindfulMan.

Thanks VMan, If I were Adrian Newey I would go to Renault.

5.42pm so i'm off home. All set for the football.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:52 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Count me in as well, please!
Old 06-28-2018, 10:11 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

Back from the dentist and survived a traumatic gum job which was required to fit the ceramic filling in to save my tooth.
I am sentenced to pureed food till Monday.

I hope England vs Belgium will provide enough entertainment to cheer me up)

So much going on on weekenders. I am just wiped out and can't respond personally.

My biggest hugs to all who are struggling, and loudest "Ole-ole" who is watching Worldcup and having other kinds of fun.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Greetings, all.

MesaMan, that dog is gorgeous; Golden’s are my favorites.

MantaLady, hugs to you. What an intolerable way to wake up. Sounds like a restatement/reminder of the rules needs to be reissued and that a reminder that the quiet meditation mood of others needs to respected after the end of the session. I am so pleased to hear that your counselor stepped in and intervened on your behalf.

Bernie, San Diego sounds lovely. Safe travels.

Suze, what are studying today?

Snuf, Leon is such a cool cat.

Goodbyeevan, it makes me sad to see others laugh off their alcoholic behaviors, too, especially when someone says “Well, something is going to get us, so why not this!?”. If they only knew the HALF of what they were\are saying.

Purps, great lyrics; thank you.

LizaJane - your fourth sober weekend coming up - well done, girl!

Saoutchick- brilliant and sound advice!

Andy’s - your flowchart is fantastic! I am going to print it out!

Gilmer, Bim and Minion.

Have a wonderful day, all.

Suze, I have a photo to send you to post for me (you can teach me how to do this someday) which is a great thing to do on a weekend evening!
Old 06-28-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

MidnightBlue, I've had sooo much dental work.

I feel your pain.

I ate ice cream, I know you wouldn't do that - I also ate a lot of mashed potatoes and mac n cheese.

Feel better, MB.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:18 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I've been thinking about how I need to stay afraid of alcohol/drinking. I was at a meeting the other night and a woman with many decades of sobriety talked about the things she needed to do to take care of herself around an occasion with her family recently where they were drinking. I've learned that it doesn't matter at all how much sober time a person has - relapse can always happen. I need to remain vigilant about my sobriety. I'm finding myself on SR more often. I'm also going to another meeting tonight.

I have a ton of change happening in my life right now. I'm living with my fiance, I sold my condo, we have a contract on his house, and we're going to move to another state. I haven't given my notice at my work yet as a closing date hasn't been established yet as the buyer needs to sell their house. I have a lot of exciting positive things going on but I also have a lot of unknowns. This is the perfect environment for this alcoholic to make bad decisions. I need to remember to stay afraid of alcohol/drinking. I don't want that life ever again!
Old 06-28-2018, 10:20 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

(((MB)) Hope things go/went well at the dentist.

Dragon, glad that your plant perked back up.

Greetings, Willow, Dee, MyLittle Horsie, gettingsmarter.

Vman, I think that outsourcing, in most instances, is outrageous, especially when it is done to avoid paying an employee insurance coverage or to inhibit the advancement of a qualified employee (as it is so often done in the States).

PhoenixJ, I am so excited about your new venture; can’t wait to see how it progresses.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:35 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Greetings, MindfulMan, CaptainHaddock, soberclover.

(((MB)))n so sorry for the traumatic dental work! Was that the end of it?

Our car was not economically wise to repair. But we found a certified used with a four year limited warranty remaining and with very low mileage.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Thank you, Bim and Leigh.

No, it is far from being over and I have two more teeth to take care of. My budget hurts too - it got a serious shot hole.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

One month my car needed major work and my dentist told me I needed major work, too.

$14,000. I was not happy.

((MB))
Old 06-28-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sober since October

One month my car needed major work and my dentist told me I needed major work, too.

Belgium vs Egland so far
Old 06-28-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Count me in as well, please!
Welcome to the weekender my friend the Captain.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:12 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

((MB))
If that had been me, I think that I would have called the local news to report how unhappy I was!
Old 06-28-2018, 12:14 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
I've been thinking about how I need to stay afraid of alcohol/drinking. I was at a meeting the other night and a woman with many decades of sobriety talked about the things she needed to do to take care of herself around an occasion with her family recently where they were drinking. I've learned that it doesn't matter at all how much sober time a person has - relapse can always happen. YESI need to remain vigilant about my sobriety. I'm finding myself on SR more often. I'm also going to another meeting tonight.

I have a ton of change happening in my life right now. I'm living with my fiance, I sold my condo, we have a contract on his house, and we're going to move to another state. I haven't given my notice at my work yet as a closing date hasn't been established yet as the buyer needs to sell their house. I have a lot of exciting positive things going on but I also have a lot of unknowns. This is the perfect environment for this alcoholic to make bad decisions. I need to remember to stay afraid of alcohol/drinking. I don't want that life ever again!
Well said SoberClover.
Take care of yourself slow it down and breathe.
Odaat.