Notices

Weekender Thread 28th June to 2nd July 2018

Old 06-28-2018, 05:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’m in!! Great encouragement D! Love it!
Old 06-28-2018, 05:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
saoutchik

IN!

Here in Britain we are experiencing that rarest of phenomenon, a heatwave. OK so it's a British heatwave with temperatures only nudging 30C/86F but for us that means extensive moorland fires in the north and melting roads elsewhere and uncomfortable working conditions for some. Tonight for England at least, there is also a not insignificant World Cup football match taking place at 7pm UK time against Belgium. Lastly, for many of us, me included today is payday.

In short, if you are a drinker or user then this weekend is a perfect storm of reasons/excuses to get wasted.

If however you know you have a problem with alcohol or other drugs - and if you are reading SR then there's a fair chance that is the case - then try and flip all those triggers around. Why not take away some great memories of a beautiful summer weekend. Why not keep that booze or drugs money in your account for something better. If you are watching the football or any sporting event that you are caught up in, why not have some actual memories of what happened rather than just the result.

If you can get through this weekend without a drink then the rest of the week will seem easier.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Mr

Cheers Sao.

"If however you know you have a problem with alcohol or other drugs - and if you are reading SR then there's a fair chance that is the case - then try and flip all those triggers around. Why not take away some great memories of a beautiful summer weekend"

Some auto news for Sao :
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-to-lure-newey
Old 06-28-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Here, here Saouchik! Well said. I am in.
Up EARLY again as I enjoy my 24th sober morning on this the eve of my fourth sober weekend.

I am going to watch World Cup which had been such an enormous treat for me. Today I am fully appreciating how fortunate I am to be off for the summer and able to watch as much of this as I like. LET's GO ENGLAND! (my number 2 team which has been promoted to my number one team with the embarrassing demise of Germany).
LET's Get this WEEKEND going people. Tell me...what have you got in your "sober plan"? Do share..
Old 06-28-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My now-ingrained, Sober plans are Weather-dependent. 104 F [40 C] @ ~6,100' here yesterday, and 102 F is forecast for today. Below, the Mighty Mesa Dog has it all figgered out. He's givin' it his best wind-blown Supermodel look in the breeze of the Evaporative Cooler I slammed in a few Years ago. Uber-modern A/C from LG gets installed in a few Weeks cuz it be getting warmer. This means I gotta slam in a new Electrical Circuit soon, but that's a safe Cake-walk for me after wiring this entire House myself to Code.

Tomorrow, while utterly unconcerned if a Policeman is behind me - or whatever - we're gonna drive up to the ~11,000' Grand Mesa - the World's largest Flattop Mountain - for Lunch and a Hike. It's all actually the bottom of a ancient Volcanic Lake surrounded by ~40,000' Peaks that blew ~25 Million Years ago.

- Grand Mesa Pictures -

Old 06-28-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Your dog's face is making me smile! Mesa Man he is a cutie! Enjoy the heights and cooler climate. GOOD PLAN!
Old 06-28-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

How quickly things can change in rehab. Had a bad nights sleep, got quite upset doing my timeline and woke up to texts from my mum that weren’t very nice about my dad and how she felt and how he treated her. I really didn’t need to hear that as this is supposed to be my time to work out my feelings, my mum has a habit of making everything about her. Then I went to breakfast and there were people with loud music shouting and swearing at 6:30am, we’re not allowed music on or computers in the communal areas (feeling already angry and listening to loud death metal at 6:30am did nothing for my mood). Had meditation and at the end of the session just as you have opened your eyes one girl who has a voice like a foghorn started whining and whinging about her son’s teacher using bad language and an angry tone, spoilt the meditation for me and I really needed some peace. I missed the group session as got so overwhelmed and had so much anxiety I just couldn’t muster the strength to go. Afterwards I was told as I hadn’t been to the class that I was not allowed to go swimming! Well, With all the feelings I had inside this was the straw that broke the camels back and I flipped my lid and demanded my passport and money and told them to get me an f’ing taxi right now, I was outta there. I’m a grown woman and not being treated like some naughty child, I was absolutely livid!

My counsellor talked with me, calmed me down and told the staff that I was to be allowed to swim. I have chatted with some clients here who I trust and are very nice people who gave me good advice so all is better now and not going home lol.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

hang in the ML, you're doing great - glad you decided to stay!
Old 06-28-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Manta, I'm glad you worked through that.

People can be annoying, this is true.

I would imagine that nowhere is this more true than rehab or family. Thank God for the counselors, right? "Here. You have to deal with this. We are here to help."

It passes.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

(((Manta))) I'd be ready to snap too! Glad you were able to iron things out, and hopefully enjoy the rest of your stay

OMG I just love that big pup, MesaMan! Look at that face....must be a Golden Retriever? May I play with him?
Old 06-28-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

(((((ML)))))

I’m so glad the counselor sought you out to hear your side. So glad she won back your swimming privilege!

I hope the water is really refreshing.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Mr

Amazing photos Mesa !
Well done for staying and turning it around ML.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Talking Music anyone?

Here's another song from the new album....I've been listening to these guys for years....I love how their songs are still good rock n' roll but not so angry these days....he's turning negatives into positives....I feel like I'm evolving with them! This one's called "Let it Out" and the lyrics are below if anyone wants to give it a listen....Crank it up!

"Let it Out" by Godsmack
Took a little breather of my own
I might be too far gone
Little fragments of my life are slowly dying
Trying not to be so far from home
But will I be there alone
Fragile pieces of my mind
I’m feeling paralyzed – Compromised

Chorus:
So let it out – let it go
Just spit it out straight til I’m not breathing
Get it out – Take it all
Just let it all find a way to be

Critical decisions took too long
My promises are strong
Watching loyalties divide
So I’m taking back my life
Golden visions from now on
Can’t carry you along
No more explanations why
I’ve erased the dramatized – Neutralized

(Chorus)

So let it all out, let it all go, let it out, let it all out

Old 06-28-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Manta Lady,
I was feeling frustrated just reading your morning, so I can only imagine how YOU were feeling. Your are supposed to be in a healing place, so this morning's perfect storm of irritations must have blind sided you. Glad you worked it all out. Swim it out now! Take it to the water and come back refreshed.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm in!

Literally just heard on the radio "binge drinking in your early years can come back and bite you later in life"... binge drinking is 5 drinks in 2 hours. Liver damage, brain damage, lowers testosterone. Glad they're having conversation about it but it makes me sad how they ultimately laugh it off.

I'm almost done with my book "blackout: remembering the things I drank to forget". Need another good one to engross myself in.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi, GBE!
Old 06-28-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Quick check in and I'm off to work... It's too hoooot! I didn't move to Scotland for warmth and sunshine! I have to admit I prefer the cold weather... clouds and rain... yass...

Leon seems to be enjoying it tho.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
123ff.jpg (29.5 KB, 87 views)
Old 06-28-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Cute as......

I have my head in my course....this is just so good.
I am very happy. ♥
Old 06-28-2018, 08:22 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Mesa dog!!!!!! So divine

Old 06-28-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Im in for another sober weekend. Escaping the Vegas heat and heading to San Diego for the weekend to visit my brother before he heads out on deployment next weekend. Have a great weekend everyone!
Bernie